[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

Re: there isn't an "introduce yourself" thread help

Postby Syeknom » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:18 am

Hello, unremarkable fruit!

Syeknom

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:57 am

Hi okayfruit. I love alpacas with all my heart too.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Renalan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm

hi, i'm renalan

Renalan

Postby kewks » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:44 pm

hi im kewkiez im 20 and i live in vancouver

kewks

Postby charybdis » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:28 pm

Holy crap. I'm so excited. So many people I adore are joining.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby bels » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:12 am

suggested kewks icon

suggested ren icon

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sunblam » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Hey hi hello!
Schiaparelli brought me to this forum and recommended I post here to start off. 20//art student//female. I like baking and contemporary Chinese art.
You are all beautiful and I am intimidated!
Love,
sunblam

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Who should I be looking at for an introduction to contemporary Chinese art?

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sunblam » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Ai Weiwei, Cai Guoqiang, Zhang Huan, Xu Bing are sort of the biggest names right now. I recommend Lin Tianmiao, Chen Haiyan, and Zheng Chongbin on top of them!

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby charybdis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 am

Man, I think Ai Wei Wei is a great artist, but as a political activist he's extremely out of touch. :<

Welcome to care-tags!

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby sunblam » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 am

Whoa whoa, explain please.

(thank you for the welcome!)

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby sunblam » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:39 am

Ah, no, I think that was clear! He does definitely have a unique case of protection in China...he gets away with a lot. I feel like Weiwei is sort of the pop culture icon that a lot of Westerner's latch onto for their Chinese art/activism opinions, and from his treatment, they may see the Chinese government as more lax than it actually is (not that I'm saying his treatment was lax, because, of course, three months of detainment &etc. unreleased conditions is not good good) (also the ampersands of this type face are lovely).

But! I also think that with his position of power and the sort of ever-tenacious character that he's become, it's a positive thing that he does what he does to provoke the government even though he (or his family) could again face consequences. Even if others can't/won't/shouldn't follow Weiwei's advice, the fact that he's shifting attention back to himself and his dissent is still helping his cause.

Woo I'm super glad to meet someone with opinions on Chinese art!

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby bels » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:39 am

Only someone Schia recruited would comment on ampersands.

Welcome, a pleasure to have you around. Do please get stuck in with some comments, we have an A R T thread somewhere that might interest you though I'm sure your opinion would be welcomed all over.

EDIT, you've already found it, excellent.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:50 am

new lurkers. introduce yourselves

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Cashmir » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 am

hello, I'm Cashmir. 20, from Michigan. Into Nike and rap music and brutalist architecture and kinda sad cartoons.

Cashmir

Postby smiles » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:08 pm

welcome! you would like AdriAn Tomine and hong kong it seems

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Cashmir » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:29 pm

yeah this is really cool actually, I'm fairly obsessed with large apartment buildings in that style. I think it evokes a cool feeling, even if the apartment buildings are in a shitty area of like "this will be cool if I live here, regardless of how small it is". The concrete ones in the background look cool also.

Cashmir

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:00 pm

strongly recommending Cashmir start an architecture flintstone thread, so i can post all my favorite zaha hadid/prefab homes/elegant concrete behemoths. welcome to care-tags!

schiaparelli

Postby bels » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:56 pm

Big fan of brutalist architecture because I am from Birmingham. Super sad that the old library is going to get knocked down

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Central_Library

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jrisk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:27 am

hey hey hey.

I'm that yo_shi/yoyo_shi from irc or mfa. I'm 21, taking a gap year to transfer schools and I'm sitting here wearing a henley of all things. Really enjoying what I've seen of care-tags already.

jrisk

Postby Mippipopolous » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:19 am

Hey guys, it's Mippi. Tucker finally wore me down and convinced me to sign up here haha. Really liking what I've seen so far! Anyways, name's Joshua and I study English at Iowa. Looking forward to seeing you guys all around on here!

Mippipopolous

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 pm

RycePooding

Postby Syeknom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:52 am

Hello new and old-but-forum-new friends!

Syeknom

Postby agvs » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Hello everyone. I'm AlGoreVidalSassoon on reddit. I know a lot of you on some level or another.

agvs

Postby bels » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Daddy's home.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby agvs » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Say your prayers and go to bed bela

agvs

Postby starfox64 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:26 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 pm

hey what's goin on

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby hheld » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:02 pm

hey im hheld, bpeu on /mf

im 16 and i live in sweden

favourite brand is acne

bpeu