[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:05 pm

isn't the first thing you're supposed to do when joining a phpBB forum is shyly introduce yourself in an "introduce yourself" thread so that the regulars can keep tabs on immigrants and dissidents?

is this even a real phpBB forum without one? i am deeply suspicious this is all a front.

schiaparelli

Re: there isn't an "introduce yourself" thread help

Postby sknss » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 pm

hello my name is sknss and i can move my nostrils

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 am

hello im Syeknom aged 25 years and 51 weeks and im prty random lol! wot else lol, i like clothes and hanging with my ~~bezzies~~ (luv ya!!!) and other stuff

Syeknom

Postby adhi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:52 pm

i'm adhi and my name is adhi. pronounced 'odd-e'. i'm a senior in hs, and i like to learn about stuff so i ask a lot of questions. nice to meet you guys.

also i'm glad i know the real syek now

adhi

Postby can- » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 am

monkeys theres no way youre 25

can-

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:34 am

Oh but I am

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 am

my name is skiparelli and i am obsessed with fonts

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:16 am

my identity's been stolen ; n ;
by someone whose identity is quite vague in my memory, too

i was once known as schiaparelli and i am pedantically strict about the difference between "fonts" and "typefaces"

ordinarily lack of capitalization and punctuation stresses me out but i am trying to adapt to the groupthink of care/tags. also, wouldn't want to disrupt bela's blood sugar levels by doling out a surfeit of !'s as is my habit.

schiaparelli

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:23 am

Capitalisation and punctuation are awesome and exclamation marks are the source of all happiness online

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:44 am

don't change to fit in!

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:47 am

Introduce yerself germ

Syeknom

Postby can- » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Care tags diction will be less about capitlization and hood speak and more about jocking the British deadpan innit.

can-

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm

That's well deadpan

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Watch phoneshop for diction notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93RAnHmO3SE

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Haha, I've not seen that before - looks very funny

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 pm

"If tha girl has to wear a polo shirt t' work, no matter 'ow fit she iz, I can't move t' that."

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Phoneshop and Grandma's House are two bits of brit comedy that I think everyone here can enjoy. (Grandma's house starts a bit weak but by the end of the second season you'll wish there was more than 12 episodes)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:07 pm

I'll have to get on them both

Saw Friday Night Dinner a while back and thought it was cracking

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:45 pm

PhoneShop is my favourite thing

germinal
Garminlad

Postby adhi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:51 am

british comedy weirds me the fuck out and i think my friends think their edgy for liking all of the weird ass shit. like luxury comedy. do most people enjoy that in britain?

adhi

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:01 am

Sure, it's not exotic if you grow up around it and the comedy tends to resonate with our own day-to-day experiences to a degree. For much the same reason I find the majority (though not all by a long-shot) American comedy falls really flat for me although it's apparently hilarious to Americans.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:11 am

Luxury Comedy is a weird strand of british comedy that I think is pretty strange even to people here.

Phoneshop is great for it's playful (and apparently accurate) use of language

Grandma's house has some killer characterisation, deeply subtle.

I also find most Am-Com not that funny. Really enjoying Community though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:16 am

I'm not familiar with Luxury Comedy but anything Noel Fielding' tends to require just going with the flow a bit.

Bela do you like Mighty Boosh? I was determined to hate it because everyone who went on about it in uni tended to be a knob but then a girl I was into made me watch it and I realised it's hilarious, one of my favourites for sure.

Community is one of those shows it's easy to sit down to and pass 20 minutes to without feeling like you've wasted your time but it's rare to get a laugh from it.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:47 am

Same with mboosh. It's funny how plebs make things so tough to like, just because liking it would challenge your own sense of self. But yeah, Boosh is great. I think luxury comedy is a bit like it, but "wackier". A darker one in the same area is Snuff Box which is definitely very hit and miss but some of the sketches are pretty funny. The unfunny parts are relentlessly un enjoyable though.

Agree with american comedy, think it's partly to do with their huge 24 show series' which just makes everything almost a background noise. I've definitely enjoyed Community so far though. It feels like the kind of comedy that was written by people who grew up watching a lot of sitcoms and tv in general and being a bit obsessed with the format. Which I was. Comedy is serious business in my house. Me and my sister spend a lot of time trying our hardest to make the funniest jokes / tell stories in the funniest way / give criticism on how things could have been funnier etc.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:02 am

i'm smiles. i study fine art [which is art history] at uni in Hong Kong. i like weird japanese brands and short sleeve shirts (apparently; i have five s/s and only one l/s).

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 am

who is in your avatar?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:31 am

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby teck » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:16 am

im teck i have arms and legs and eyes.

im the oldest person on the internet.

teck

Postby bels » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:27 am

Thank god finally someone older than me please stay and never leave.

Really though, glad you could join us teck. I think you're exactl what we need.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:51 pm

'allo teck, happy you're here!

Syeknom

Next

Return to Care