[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

Re: a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Postby jeanes » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:47 am

Hey. Some of you know me—I'm here I guess.

I am a designer who lives in Australia with "pandas" and a dog.

jeanes

Postby alyosha » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Hello. I'm alyosha. I came here after a recommendation from trasparenti from a subreddit I frequent called /r/expensivehumanfashion, where I'm known as Mexican Basque.

I'm a too-young-for-this high school sophomore in Nashville. My style has been developing, so I can't really boil it down.

All in all, I'm uber jazzed to know this community better!

if my writing is bad pls let me know
alyosha

Postby fen » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi I am Fen (24/male/Portland). Been lurking here for years, planning to start contributing every now and again.

I feel like I know a lot of you guys already ~ the internet is pretty weird.

fen

Postby nip » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 pm

hello, I'm eric (nip). I'm mostly active on EHF/MFA. I've heard that this is a great place from many, and can't wait to chat with y'all!

22, currently working in baltimore while i try to get into med school

nip

Postby wrong » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:26 am

hi,
22/m/watch manchester by the sea, that gives you a good idea of where i'm from.

i've loved browsing the threads on ct for a long time but now it's time i contribute! you guys are great!

wrong

Postby patrician » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:31 pm

late but hello all. 20 midwest male. been browsing for a while, looking to start posting now 8-) i like skateboarding, cameras, computers, and clothes lol. im having a great time on the internet.

#ADreamOfLife
patrician

Postby archangel666 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:47 pm

h ii
I'm mariana,,20/f/ I do college radio in Austin, tx. im trying not to wear as much black now and become confused w my thoughts frequently.. clothes are an outlet for me to express myself since it's quite hard for me to do that w words, so it's nice that I was introduced to this... I like to aimlessly take walks and no, I dont think horses are that amazing but I can respect the country life... thats all the content I have for now thanku

archangel666

Postby Tinman » Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 am

Howdy boys and girls, I'm Tinman / 0z / Jake, 19, NYC, used to be big into Rick but now I'm mainly here to amass the largest Story MFG collection known to man (I'll literally sell my kidneys for a non tidal raincoat.) CHEERS

Finally found a blue/white Story MFG & coat
Tinman

Postby downie_soft » Fri May 19, 2017 1:10 am

hello all, my name is Jesse. i'm 21 and i live on Vancouver island. i came here because i like reading about culture and clothes. so far I've really enjoyed myself!

:-)

downie_soft

Postby likeeyesaw » Tue May 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Hey, I'm Dany (19). Former tumblr lover. Kinda sick of tumblr now so I wanted to try something new. Going to be lurking around a bit here until I have the courage to post something. :grin:

likeeyesaw

Postby foolmonkey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:45 am

hi guys, my name is andy, i'm 18 yrs old, from canada, and i like to lurk various fashion forums/blogs. i was a bootcut bandit until i was introduced to reddit's r/malefashionadvice and lived in OCBDs for a while. then, after discovering r/streetwear, i sought refuge in black skinny jeans. initially, i only got into clothing to present myself better, so there wasn't very much individuality involved with it... speed back to the present, and it's me trying to find my own personal style, as well as just reading about fashion on my own. it's been a lot of fun.

as well, i've also been really into analog photography and cooking (very badly) lately.

im looking forward to joining you all!

foolmonkey

Postby norman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:47 pm

hi I'm andreas I'm here now to say hi

good to see you all soon

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby E.T. » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm Evan, I'm 22 years old. I've recently moved to Ann Arbor, Michigan to begin my first big boy job out of college, so if anyone wants to hit up Today Clothing or go for a hike or something hit me up. In my free time I enjoy browsing yoox and starting books that I'll never finish.

After lurking for so long I'm excited to join you cool peeps!

E.T.

Postby shionji_ikari » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:12 am

hi im shion im 19 from canada and some of my favourite designers are stephan schneider, ann demeulemeester, and paul harnden c:

shionji_ikari

Postby xinijia » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 pm

Please welcome my best friend ! She's just turned 18, is shyer than me (hence why I'm writing her intro) and as of September will be living in Montreal (a.k.a seperated from me...)

It took her a while, but when she finally asked me on rec's for fashion forums, I had to send her here. Her hobbies include dumb puns, eating food, and making food.

She's probably going to lurk and hardcore rep some posts (especially mine, heheh) for a bit, but soon she will be a frequent flyer around these parts. Please rep her post below!!!!!

P.S. she just recently went on a trip to Japan, so you know she's stocked on Japanese garms (so probably uniqlo)...

P.P.S R u happy now -.-

Last edited by xinijia on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby PuddingCup » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:13 am

Hi it's me pm for the best cheesecake recipe of ur life

PuddingCup

Postby npuox » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:53 pm

hello : ) good to meet you : )

npuox

Postby 106-2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 am

I'm Ethan, I'm back!

Dropped off from c-t after my laptop packed up, just got a new one B^)

from Norwich, but will be moving to SE London for uni in a couple of weeks (studying history of art)

nice to (re)meet you all :woop:

106-2

Postby whitebread » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:49 am

Yo,

I'm Toni, 25, and a geologist in Melbourne, Australia. A mate got me onto here - digging the different styles and conversation!

whitebread

Postby BadLuckCub » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:39 pm

Your message contains too few characters.

Last edited by BadLuckCub on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadLuckCub

Postby lucas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:44 pm

hello (smiling)
i'm lucas, was looking for another fashion board to use. i'm from boston

lucas

Postby itsgian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:06 pm

howdyowdy

i'm gian, 25, work at a tech company. i'm from socal, and i like weird japanese clothes. my favorite designers are edwina horl, story mfg, and jjve. (smiling)

ig: peasantlygian
itsgian

Postby ptozzi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:55 pm

I don't think I've ever actually posted in this thread despite being on here for years. I hope posting here will make it easier on whoever has me for the care-share. If I have, consider this an introduction of my latest self.

My name's ptozzi. I work as a chemist at a personal care company developing luxury skincare products. I'm a big fan of craft beer and attend limited releases at Other Half when I can. In my spare time I like to cook and run. Lately my style is trending toward's Scandinavian minimalism.

ptozzi

Postby lightfoot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 pm

hey y'all

it's lightfoot, i'm 20, living in NYC and studying at BC - like to dress well but broke as shit

love frankie ocean, mac demarco, other urban outfitters bullshit bands - would like to wear cool dickies but they look bad on me

Now I'm making 400, 600, 800k momma
To stand on my feet momma
Play these songs, it's therapy momma, they paying me momma
lightfoot

Postby lefthans » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 am

Hi.

All I really wear is Undercover, Number (N)ine, and Junya.

Fairly boring, but pleased to meet you all.

Feel free to refer to me for legit checks and such for obscure pieces.

lefthans

Postby crybaby » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello,

Crybaby, Canadian, 21, they/them.

I've been away from internet fashion for a while now, spent a lot of time on MFA/Tumblr in 2012-14. Both have changed a lot since I last visited. I happened across a link to care-tags a couple weeks ago, after browsing, the community here seems to be pretty tight knit and accepting, and I figured I'd take the plunge and join (smiling)

What do I wear?

I've been into Tender Co. for a while now, I love William Kroll so much it hurts. The fabrics, the lookbooks, the lifestyle it's all so perfect. I want to spend my life tending a small, immaculate garden and drinking overstepped black tea. That being said, I can't really afford it, and the clothing is pretty formal for the university setting. The pieces I have gathered from Grailed and the occasional splurge are wonderful, and I will hold onto them until they disintegrate. I imagine myself returning to the brand later in life when it better reflects my life.

In the mean time I want to try out something new, I have a lifetime of business casual ahead of me,and I should probably embrace my youth. Also this whole non-binary thing is very new to me, exploring my gender expression is going to be interesting, I am only out to a very small group of friends (and the internet apparently) and lets just say I don't live in the most open minded of places. HMU if you've got inspo cached away, I have a very masculine body and there isn't a lot of media representation to emulate (that I know of) ATM...

My interests outside of fashion?

I have been rock climbing for the past 8 years, sadly mostly indoors (nearest crag is 8hrs away). I am pretty stoked on the climbing thread. I also cycle commute, and where I am from that is a pretty big lifestyle commitment as there is snow on the ground for five months or more of the year.

Anyways, this is getting pretty long, I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll. (smiling)

crybaby

Hello Guys!!!

Postby alessamartin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:38 am

hey guys them new here.....

alessamartin

Postby kremvax » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:26 am

hey!! i'm rina - something i wrote About fashion forums got posted here and it made me all weirdly nervous bc of how i used 2 lurk a few years ago :,) but i forgot how much i missed posting on forums in general (i was like 8 or 9 the first time i ever did lmao) -

i'm 19 and a girl and i live in arizona and am majoring in english (i like thomas pynchon, lorraine hansberry, jean genet, and ishmael reed) & art history _ i did theatre in high school (lol) and liked clothes already, but i did costumes and related research for pretty much everything, which made me Love clothes

i do (and like to do!!!) a lot of research & writing/theorizing about the internet and ~internet culture(s~)/things related and music and weird culture-in-general but i'm trying to get better at writing about/write more about Fashion and Beauty specifically. i spent a lot of time on newgrounds when i was younger and i tweet too much @rinank_ but i'm trying to tweet less. my funniest habit is cutting up/cropping/sewing shit to all of my clothes when i'm bored and no one is there to stop me & then my second-funniest is how much i talk (too much)

i'm also trying to break a habit of going to thrift shops multiple times over really short periods of time & buying too many things because 1. i can't wear everything at once 2. it sure does add up 3. it takes up a lot of space so i'm slowly (begrudgingly) getting rid of stuff & kind of working on a collection of pre-2005 helmut lang (mostly via ebay) stuff instead, which i'm totally okay with working on

aside from old helmut lang i'm really obsessed with telfar (!!!!!) and thom browne and jw anderson. i really like cowboy boots & i hope to make friends here

&
kremvax

Postby stoogesjacket » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 am

helloj! my name is Tyler and I decided to join because forums are one of the last places on the internet where it feels like you can actually share information with a lot of people and my friends are tired of me telling them about textiles. I'm a junior in college currently studying this year in Kyoto and although I'm primarily an art student in my free time I take lessons with a kimono tailor and think that one day I could become a pattern maker or tailor in Japan. other than a big clothing nerd I'm a big contemporary art nerd and a rym user (Japanese records are becoming my speciality).

at this point since I went to college I've been buying my clothes pretty exclusively secondhand from Japan, and started by chasing after comme des garcons and raf simons and now look a lot at helmut lang rick owens and yohji (and really old CdG Homme). I also have a real soft spot for denim and how it fades, and dream of one day owning a collection of biker jackets. right now I just have a huge collection of sweaters that I plan to post in the collections thread.

I look forward to posting, lord knows I've spent enough time going through the archives of this forum.

stoogesjacket

Postby resnaisresnais » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 pm

hello i'm ian 21 and brazilian. i've known this forum since its inception but never bothered with it until now, i feel like returning to fashion forums and here seems like the only one that's worth visiting these days, the most wholesome at least. i used to visit sufu (rip) everyday some 5-6 years ago. i like cinema, painting, art history books and french culture. i love jil sander and my uniform is a blank weighty tee, black skinny trousers and black vans or adidas. if theres another brazilian here hmu lol

resnaisresnais

PreviousNext

Return to Care