[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Films

Films

Off topic

Re: Films

Postby Ques » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:05 am

just finished wolf of wall street. didn't expect it to be an emotional roller coaster, but it was incredibly powerful at times

also managed to fall in love with jean dujardin

Ques

Postby chilljin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:04 pm

the first harry potter film is so good damn

i also spent about 4 hours reading the harry potter wikia page, have a habit of doing this and getting lost in information

chilljin

Postby papabear » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Watched "Buried" with Ryan Reynolds the other day. Don't ever watch that shit if you're already having a bad day. It's gonna make it worse.

If you're having a good day though, don't watch it anyways, it'll ruin your day.

But the movie itself was very interesting since the entire movie took place in one setting and the plot was simply agonizing, in a good way.

papabear

Postby oucho » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:43 pm

saw Cold in July in the cinema a couple of days ago, got invited to go see it and had no idea what it was going to be about but it was actually pretty good, I really liked the genre switching and the soundtrack was gr8

oucho

Postby jrisk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:23 pm

watched In Bruges the other day with a girl because I said "oh, I heard this movie was funny and was kind of action-y". great movie but didn't really set a good mood at the time.

jrisk

Postby wiggly--woo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:07 pm

wiggly--woo

Postby CleanThug » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:39 pm

I felt like if the supporting characters were more like-able the film would have been so much better.

Of course Dicaprio was great but how heart-wrenching would it have been if the people getting arrested in the scene when the FBI shows up at the firm were people you were emotionally invested in.

I still enjoyed the film(it's hard not to with this type of movie) even though it was a bit long. All that being said i've only seen it once so my opinion is mainly bs.

CleanThug

Postby oldtrailmix » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:15 am

gonna drunk watch the great gatsby

will report bacl

edit:

major jay gatsby for valor extroardinary

fuck u tom vikins suck the suck

oldtrailmix

Postby bueno » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:16 am

I don't think Wolf of Wall Street was meant to be an emotional roller coaster as much as it was supposed to be simply a roller coaster. Maybe i am misinterpreting but i didn't explicitly sympathise with any of the characters (except his first wife and dad maybe a little) and i think that if i had it would have been misplaced sympathy given the context. Loved the movie though.

bueno

Postby anonomous » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:08 am

Just watched Dawn of the Planet of The Apes and it was amazing. The atmosphere and pacing was so great. Cinematography was amazing too. Do you like The Last of Us? If you do, the city looks pretty much like that. Gary Oldman wore super cool military inspired outfits in all black. Everyone else had pretty cool outfits too.

Seriously, spend some money to watch this in the cinema, very worth it. Fuck, i feel like watching it a second time.

anonomous

Postby jvstnh » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:46 am

Recently found out snowpiercer is playing in my town and I had no clue, thought it was still limited release. It really is a very enjoyable movie and the set design was so cool. Might go bring some friends and see it again anyways.

p-i-z-z-a-p-r-t-y
jvstnh

Postby balloons » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:53 pm

saw Obvious Child; it was pretty cute

jenny slate is a talented actress tht I would like to see more from

paul simon should replace the smiths as the de facto romcom musician that the love interests bond over (see also: like crazy)

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby hooplah » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:21 am

rewatched wreck it ralph. near-perfect movie.

hooplah

Postby freddy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 am

22 Jump Street is not just cringeworthy of a movie but dumb as fuck - maybe I'm getting too old but their perverted jokes aren't funny.

Perhaps I've spoiled my self for being overly perverted online with y'alls ;)

freddy

Postby Iliam » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:09 am

I re-watched Peter Weir's Picnic At Hanging Rock last night.

it's a good film to watch if you are feeling peaceful, drinking wine and maybe falling asleep, but you want a mild though intriguing shock to wake you up slightly, before then returning to drifting in and out of sleep.

Last edited by Iliam on Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iliam

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:25 am

I hadn't really heard of the Australian New Wave until the rerelease of Wake In Fright a few months ago (which itself is excellent) - will definitely be watching this, thanks

stappard_

Postby needlethatsings » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:24 pm

Finally got around to watching Fruitvale Station. Incredibly powerful film. Michael B. Jordan is really something else.

needlethatsings

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Out of the Furnace (on Netflix) has Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, and Woody Harrelson. It's a slow burner but doesn't feel slow. Intense without overt violence or plot twists or explosions. Cinematography is great too, I'd recommend it to anyone.

I actually thought several times during the movie that it felt like a more pleasurably (/bearably) paced nicolas refn piece.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby momjeans » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:40 am

watched under the skin a few weeks ago and i think that that movie may have stuck with me more than any other film i've seen in recent memory. the cinematography was beautiful, and scarjo was amazing in it.

the ending scene was very powerful and disturbing for me, and i feel like i still am in the midst of digesting some of the themes.

momjeans

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 am

rezlyfe.avi

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby diniro » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:57 am

diniro

Postby lee3jm » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Watched boyhood yesterday. Really good and nostalgic. A great undertaking that payed off. I've heard some complaints of cheesiness or poor acting but I feel like at times of cheesiness, it was only as cheesy as real life can get and the poor acting was really just what I feel these characters in real life would act like (children and young adults). Linklater films are always enjoyable and realistic to me.

lee3jm

Postby CleanThug » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 pm

yo Django:Unchained is the shit, enough said (I don't even like westerns)

tarantino's my man

CleanThug

Postby roqq » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 pm

the dark knight was on the other night and god damn. i forgot how beautifully shot the movie was. it's been a while since i've seen it (last saw it in maybe 2010?) and it completely blew me away once again.

roqq

Postby jrisk » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:17 pm

"we deal in lead, friend"

jrisk

Postby hooplah » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:30 pm

i watched josie and the pussycats for the first time in like 10 years last night

movie still holds up

the soundtrack is totally one of the best soundtracks of all time; i remember listening to it on repeat all day err day

hooplah

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:37 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby JtotheWhat » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Architecture 101.
I liked this Korean movie quite a bit. Some might call it melodramatic but I think it was a pretty beautiful and at times sobering story that is a better reflection of real life than a lot of ''romantic'' movies. I'm a sucker for movies about architects/artists/musicians and Han Ga-In is the best looking Korean actress in my opinion, although her actual acting ability could be called into question a few times in this movie. Regardless, a good Korean movie that is not a revenge thriller is not always easy to find.

JtotheWhat

Postby Iliam » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Iliam

Postby chan0 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Just watched again. Really interesting portrayal of the working classes in Yorkshire, very touching film.

chan0

PreviousNext

Return to Care