[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Hobbies and Interests thread

Random Hobbies and Interests thread

Off topic

Re: Random Hobbies and Interests thread

Postby adhi » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:55 pm

yea you guys are the 3rd 4th and 5th to recommend the book on basis of tennis. really should get around to it. plus i can't really call myself a wallace fan without reading it.

adhi

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm

I like biking a bit, been doing go ju ryu karate for a while. I actually went to okinawa last year for it. Other than that I've not been up to much for a while

Stingray Sam

Postby midvh » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:03 am

I like calligraphy/lettering, it's a great way to take my mind off thing. Used to do a lot of photography as well, but I left all my lab gear when I started studying in another city. Kind of miss it though.

midvh

Postby purkinje » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:32 am

Trying to get back into freshwater fishkeeping, right now I have a 125g community tak with silver dollars, a tyre track eel, chain loaches, ctenepoma, etc.

Once I have the funds I think I'm going to set up a 200g with 3-4 oscars and a few large plecostomus. I love oscars because they have the personalities of dogs, they know you as their owner and you can hand feed them. Very dirty and high maintenance fish, though.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby deadkitty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 am

[redacted]

Last edited by deadkitty on Tue May 05, 2020 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadkitty

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:35 pm

At this moment I have nothing to use my time on, except for #care-tags and browsing sufumarket hourly along with facebook and my snapchat. I will start playing music again in a few days along with going to the gym. I don't know what start with in the gym, I'm thinking body weight fitness (r/bodyweightfitness) to get in shape while still being able to fit my clothes.

I've played music for 8 years now and it has been an "on and off" ride. I play mostly on my 1964 Levin semi-acoustic with my fender reverb amp. I also have a fender telecaster along with a yamaha keyboard and a höefner bass somewhere. I haven't gotten around to making my music yet, but I've been finding my perfect genre of music: which means that I'll need a great midi keyboard, some "chillwave" effects à la Cyril Hahn and a microphone.

"Acoustic" covers of RnB songs has really been inspiring me too, this cover is probably my favorite song at the moment.

My cover track list is so far:
Kanye West - Runaway
Solange - Losing You
Kanye West - Devil In A New Dress
Grimes - Genesis
Blood Orange - Chamakay
M83 - Midnight City
Drake - Hold On We're Going Home
Miguel - Pussy is mine
Drake - Find Your Love

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby pips » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:36 am

I took a workshop for printmaking but I stopped when the course ended since it's a bit of a hassle to go back and forth to the studio just so I can use their press. I'd love to get back into it and I'll probably take a second course on a different printmaking method in the coming summer. I'm not very good at it yet but with more classes and experience hopefully I'll produce better output.

I like making/altering clothing. I recently bought a sewing machine so that should make sewing easier.

Basically I like making things with my hands.

The problem with me and my hobbies is that I have lots of ideas but I have a difficulty following through. I have an entire notebook filled with ideas, drawings and annotations... I even go out and buy the materials I need but I never really start on the actual process of creation. Like with sewing, I have the fabric, I have the tools, I have lots of pattern books lying around, my ideas and instructions are already written down for various projects. I just need to draft the pattern and cut and sew but I always stop until that point. It takes me a long time to finish a project. It's not an issue of time because I have plenty of free time. Maybe I simply need to eliminate distractions.

pips

Postby sid3000 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:58 am

pips try taking a picture of a design you want to make and posting it up on the DIY thread with all the stuff you need to make it. theres something about making your immediate goals public that motivates you to achieve them, kind of like studying in a library. Even posting about it here was a good start, as you'll think about all your supplies and plans just a little bit more the next time you walk by them.
>
>
I usually get invested in some random interest every calendar year. it includes inadvertently researching it to death, being a forumjunkie, buying the recommended stuff for it; once i considered it mastered i move on to the next thing. in recent years it's been loose leaf tea, wetshaving, "fashion"(pending), now weightlifting. keeps life interesting I guess. The only thing I stuck with that comes to mind is guitar, which I've played for many years, and Im digging the direction in style Ive recently started.

sid3000

Previous

Return to Care