[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Care-tags running club

Care-tags running club

Off topic

Care-tags running club

Postby Catfush » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 pm

So I've been getting back into running and I thought it would be kind of fun to set up a little running club here. I'm using Strava, so you can join the club and then get the app and it'll track your run and all that jazz and automatically upload it to club page (I think). is the page for anyone interested. I'm pretty sure you can just join, but if not send me your email address and I'll send an invite.

Hope we have some runners here, could be a fun, casual little thing (smiling)

Catfush

Re: Care-tags running club

Postby smiles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Yay. Joined

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby smiles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:47 pm

You'd probably gain weight from eating so much. I reckon I do.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Catfush » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Same for me. My increase in hunger far outweighs any calories I burn while running.

Catfush

Postby rudy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:44 pm

This is sick. I've been keeping a logs on flotrack and runningahead, but this strava interface looks cool. Y'all training for anything?

rudy

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:46 pm

joined, also if you guys don't want to doxx yourselves then you should probably start and end your work outs not at your residence. Also can we do biking too?

Stingray Sam

Postby Catfush » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 pm

In privacy settings you can set up a hidden location by address and it will hide activity within a radius. And I think biking would be awesome.

Catfush

Postby freddy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Does walking count with Iron Rangers count?

trustorytime; I one time walked from SoHo to Central Park. In Iron Rangers.

freddy

Postby Catfush » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:34 am

Do hills ever get easier? Also, what shoes are you guys running in? I think I'm going to get some new ones

Catfush

Postby smiles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:39 am

Yeah. I've been doing a series of hills in my regular run and it definitely gets easier. I use gyakusou trainers. The ones from last season

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hunnish » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:51 am

I used to hate forefoot running (is that what it's called?) because I always felt like I was prancing and it was weird. I recently started forcing myself into it because I know it's better for me and, after about a week of tip-toeing through the streets, it's starting to come naturally. Hits calves a lot harder, though.

edit: I have free 5.0 or something I think. I'd recommend them.

hunnish

Postby bels » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:28 am

I wouldn't get effay on running shoes so I'd just go to a running shop and get them to recommend me a shoe

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jrisk » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:24 pm

bumping this because I just joined the strava group and I plan on running a bunch.

jrisk

Postby vgtbls » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:40 pm

I haven't been able to run in a while... I play ultimate and that's a lot of running but it's multi-sprint running. Pretty different.

Discussion: Music. Do you run with music? If so, what?

vgtbls

Postby inherently » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:11 pm

not to derail the thread but i play ultimate too! are you playing in a college team?

as for running I hate running with earbuds because they end up bouncing everywhere and it's really annoying

inherently

Postby jrisk » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:48 pm

this is the mix I run to:

I have a pair of cheap earbuds that clip around the ear that are great for running. Thinking about getting an arm strap for my phone because it's a pain to hold while running.

jrisk

Postby vgtbls » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:39 am

I've been running to Teebs and some footwork compilations. I can't wait until I can implant a smartphone in my head so I don't have to carry it.

Boston Marathon getting me really hyped about running.

vgtbls

Postby jrisk » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:27 pm

watched a stream of the boston marathon to see the winners cross the finish line. got goosebumps hearing the crowd; the adrenaline rush they must get near the finish line has to be amazing. this is the first year I've really paid attention but it was cool to see an american win the men's after such a long time.

if today wasn't a rest day, I'd go out right now!

jrisk

Postby SweetJavaBrown » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm pretty consistently running about 3 miles with 10-13 minute miles. I can't seem to really get much better than that. Is it just a matter of mental strength to run faster?

SweetJavaBrown

Postby rjbman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Went for my first run in forever (year plus)... was awful. Had a buddy who wouldn't let me quit though. Ended up doing 2.5 miles wow.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby alby » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Do you guys like running with people? I enjoy it more than running by myself, most of the time. Whenever I'm with people I feel like I have to run harder and push my endurance because I don't want to let them down, and I feel super rewarded in the end.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby jrisk » Mon May 05, 2014 7:01 pm

super pissed that just started and he has a faster average pace than me.

thinking about signing up for a 5k at the beginning of next month. Kind of scared to run by myself though, wish I could find someone to go with.

my brother just ran his second marathon with a 3:32:18 time. so badass.

passed another runner the other day, we peace-signed each other.

jrisk

Postby zayg » Tue May 06, 2014 3:22 pm

so inconsistent, some days i can run a few miles, some days (like this morning) i can't even run for half a mile without wanting to die

i think i need to run a lot more

zayg

Postby jrisk » Tue May 06, 2014 5:05 pm

I let the rage fuel me and I came close to catching up to 's pace. :woop:

jrisk

Postby jrisk » Tue May 06, 2014 6:21 pm

just kidding but the competition did motivate me

jrisk

Postby CMYK » Wed May 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Joined up as well. Currently helping pacing a friend who's trying to get back in shape, so Ill hopefully be motivated to get out 2/3 times a week.

CMYK

Postby weqe » Thu May 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Just signed up, dead period for track starts in like 2 days, so I probably should have waited for 2 weeks :p

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby inc. » Mon May 19, 2014 12:17 pm

Went running for the first time in ages (thanks ). Didn't keep track of the distance, but halfway through the 15 minutes, I felt like dying/vomiting. A little girl nearby asked her dad, "Why does he have to run daddy?" and I thought to myself, "Why do I have to run?" The dad responded with, "For exercise, honey." Couldn't help but laugh and run the rest of the way home.

inc.

Postby oucho » Mon May 19, 2014 6:24 pm

went running again for the first time in like 6-7 months yesterday, I jogged down to the local park and did 3 laps (which I know is very close to 5k) but the run there and back was pretty far as well, I walked part way back though T_T

today I downloaded some app to measure how far it was and went for a run again, it came to 7.83km (4.86 miles) and took me 42:10, which is not exactly speedy gonzalez but I'm pleased I could even run that far after so long sitting on my arse, I think I might just add another lap on next time which should take it pretty close to 10k, 10k is p much the distance I would like to be running

I will download the strava app next time

e: this strava thing sucks, the website is really glitchy, how tha fuck does it work?

oucho

Postby agvs » Tue May 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Just started running again after about 3 years off. I used to do about 10k per week but then I had kids and blah blah blah...There's this lake near me that's 5k around which is a nice run. No time for that anymore so I'm stuck on a treadmill like a rat. I much prefer outdoor running but oh well. Sticking with 2 miles for the time being so I don't blow my old knees out or something. Felt like dying after the first time but the next 2 times I felt much better and improved my pace to 8.5 minute miles which is not too far off from what I used to average. Think I'll jump back up to 3 miles after a month or so.

I absolutely can't listen to anything while I run. It distracts the hell out of me and takes away from the experience for me. I guess I find running to be kind of meditative. I like getting lost in thought.

agvs

Next

Return to Care