[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Care-tags running club

Care-tags running club

Off topic

Re: Care-tags running club

Postby oucho » Tue May 20, 2014 6:09 pm

that's funny because when I run without music I can only think about running, so I'm just thinking about my pace, my breathing, how far I've done. that sorta thing, when I listen to music my mind just wanders and I can think about anything, so it's a lot more ~pleasant~ it's really annoying running around with an iphone in my hand tho

I hate running on a treadmill

oucho

Postby jrisk » Tue May 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Same oucho, I need music to stop thinking about when I can stop running.

jrisk

Postby exprof » Tue May 20, 2014 7:49 pm

I know I've suggested this elsewhere but the is a godsend when it comes to keeping your iphone on you. It moves around way less than an armband, v good stuff.

exprof

Postby oucho » Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 pm

running equipment is for squares

oucho

Postby sid3000 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:51 pm

I dont really care about holding a phone in one hand and keys in the other, but bluetooth headphones were such a great purchase. dont need to feel like a garden snake is thunderhumping the underside of my chin every other step.

sid3000

Postby jrisk » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Feeling good about running lately. hitting a sub 30min 5k almost every time.

jrisk

Postby kayeight » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Yay a running thread! I've been running pretty consistently for 7 years now but have kind of been slacking effort-wise since graduating college, so I'm trying to get my ass back in gear and do some speedwork. Been running around 20-25 miles a week but hoping to get to 35-40 over the summer. Toying with the idea of joined the area track club because I really miss the adrenaline rush of running short & fast.

Do any of you use a GPS watch? What brand/model? I used to be super minimalist and anti-device but I've come to love my Garmin.

p.s. y'all should use Map My Run to track your runs!

kayeight

Postby kayeight » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:53 am

lol I've used Strava before but full disclosure, I work for MMF...

kayeight

Postby bels » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:17 am

Still using a garmin 305. Does the job.

I reckon that tech clothing (so you can run in the rain) and a basic GPS watch are pretty good motivational buys for running.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby oucho » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:00 am

something that tracks how far you run and in what time is really useful and makes running a lot more fun, I don't really see what the point of tech clothing is, I go running in the rain in a normal pair of shorts and t-shirt all the time and I haven't died yet

I haven't been running since I did 5k like 2 weeks ago because I had to go to London and left my shoes behind, but now I have them with me and I am DEFINITELY going running today

oucho

Postby bels » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:26 am

If I get rained on in non tech clothing I get a rash.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby kayeight » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:59 am

yeah I can't do running in cotton anymore. so sweaty and wet (and cold in the winter)

kayeight

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:09 am

I've never really noticed a difference between the cotton and non-cotton stuff except that sometimes the tech fabric gets itchy as i sweat...I do run in "techy" (they're shiny) shorts though. It's really kinda strange how little i care about my running stuff compared to my regular day-to-day stuff. Like, as long as i can move my legs and the shoes don't kill my shins, i'm probably gonna run.

mc-lunar

Postby brlmski » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:19 pm

I'm gonna ramp up my mileage over the next 2-3 weeks and then start . Anyone want to join me?

brlmski

Postby raags » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 am

just joined the club again after not running for two months!!! exhausted

raags
Best Dressed

Postby rjbman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Gonna run a yet-to-be-determined 5k this fall, aiming for 25:00. Haven't broken 30 minutes yet on a 5k but I think I should be able to do it.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby longjumps » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 pm

didn't know this was a thing! been running fairly consistently this summer and have been feeling great as a result. I had a pipe dream of running a half-marathon at the end of the season-- don't think that's going to happen. I'm going to aim for running some 5ks instead tho

longjumps

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:37 pm

stappard_

Postby hirokinakamura » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

I'm not going to the Olympics or anything

But I'm still p fucking proud of myself right now

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby ramseames » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:22 am

TIL that fuelbands are only $100

So now I own a fuelband. Can't do strava with it but its vastly preferable to carrying my phone with me, don't notice it whatsoever/way easier to check the time and shit.

Went running to try it/my knee (IT band been bugging me) out tonight but the latter started to flare up around 10 minutes in as per usual so I stopped and walked home. Physio again tomorrow.

ramseames

Postby CMYK » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:04 pm

BRINGIN IT BACKKKKKK.

Some interest was expressed in this. I personally am a fan of strata, but if anyone has any alternate suggestions, let them be known. I'll head out on a run later today to kick things off.

Forgot to mention that sign up info is in the first post. Enjoy!

CMYK

Postby brlmski » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:24 pm

ok, since my shoulder is pretty jacked up now fucking up my lifting, i've decided that im gonna run seriously again. trying to hit 35-40 mi/week by the end of june and 1000 miles for the year.

brlmski

Postby JewTurk » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:52 pm

Usually do 4-5 miles a morning 3x a week with my girlfriend.

Different ways of progressing? Picking up the tempo or increase distance? Different results from the two? We average 9 minutes miles @ 5 miles, roughly.

My feet are getting some nasty bruises though and I'm not sure how to approach that either, different shoes? Try running on dirt instead of pavement?

JewTurk

Postby brlmski » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:06 am

brlmski

Postby dzogchen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:01 pm

when it comes to mental health there's two things I can do that are so effective it kinda feels like cheating: running and meditating. the results of the former a bit more direct and obvious than those of the latter. Just back from a run and I think i'm a bit high lol

dzogchen

Postby weqe » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm

post footlocker south last week, I went a 16:41 for my final high school xc race, end of an era haha

someone had a drone flying around, you can see me run by at 2:00

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby oucho » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Stumbled through a couple of 5ks over the last few days after doing no exercise for months. I've started running in the morning because it takes away the annoyance of not wanting to eat in the afternoon prior to a 5/6/7pm run.

Pretty good considering, I think the amount of forced walking I have to do every week has maintained a bit of fitness?

The laps I run have a pretty long section which is a bit uphill and it really kills my left knee. I started getting it ages ago, didn't do any running for months, picked it up again and had the same issue, and now it's back already even though this is my first strenuous exercise since July! I'm going to change my route to be more flat but it's a little worrying and I quite enjoy the uphill.

How is the rest of the running club doing? Spring is round the corner, now's the time to dust off the cobwebs!

oucho

Postby CMYK » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Agreed! I got a GPS watch for Christmas, really need to figure out how to upload the data to Strava. My training for a half starts in a week, and there's a 5 mile race I'll be running with friends as part of the training. If I feel good after the half, I'm going to pace for the VT100 (run the last 20~ miles with someone to make sure they don't die) and then maybe??? try to run the VT 50 (50k). Very ambitious I know, but I've really enjoyed upping my mileage, and as "running an ultra" is on my bucket list, while I'm young and have dumb amounts of free time seems to be the best time to try it.

EDIT: Got the auto-update working. If you use Strava, join! https://www.strava.com/clubs/c-trun

CMYK

Postby CMYK » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:42 pm

CMYK

Postby julius » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:12 pm

I always feel like after I take a break from running - by a break I mean me not running for a few weeks - that my first run is the easiest. Do y'all feel this? I've wondered this for a while but tonight in particular I went for a run and did much more than I have in a while but finished not feeling fatigued.

julius

PreviousNext

Return to Care