[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - soccer/footy/futebol thread

soccer/footy/futebol thread

Off topic

Re: soccer/footy/futebol thread

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:07 am

WE GOT SANCHEZ

Khedira come to daddy

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby breakadawn » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:42 am

Man united bought Luke Shaw from us for £34m, and Arsenal just got Alexis Sanchez for £32m.

breakadawn

Postby bhajz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:04 pm

if you're not already excited enough for "Messi vs The Machine" this is definitely worth a watch.

bhajz

Postby breakadawn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:32 am

So apparently Dirk Kuyt had his head stapled back together last night so that he could finish his last international match. I will miss that man.

breakadawn

Postby breakadawn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:29 pm

As an Englishman, that couldn't get any more neutral for me. Congratulations to Germany but I would've really liked to see that go to penalties. I feel awful for Messi, it's his last proper chance at this tournament, Argentina will have to really bring it in Russia otherwise. Müller lifting the cup made me physically sick, although I like the rest of the German players.

breakadawn

Postby rublev » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Amazing scenes, love it. Argentina were so shit for most of the tournament. Pretty much all their games were low scoring snoozefests. So happy Germany got it in the end.

Can't believe Messi got golden ball??? Most of the German team probably deserved it more.

But happy for James.

Glad they booed Blatter.

And nice to see Angela having a good time.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:50 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby wiggly--woo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:59 pm

wiggly--woo

Postby eufemism » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 pm

really wanna watch the sounders vs the timbers but my cable provider is being worthless like usual. plus streaming is off the list because I don't have internet at home.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby can- » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:08 pm

p enis

can-

Postby navin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:37 pm

As much as I hate Argentina and im glad they lost because nobody would hear the end of it, they played really well, this match was amazing.
This world cup was so great, hope my Country classifies to the next one so i don't have to cry again

navin

Postby bueno » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:48 am

What a great world cup. What a goal to end it with.

Neuer is such a great keeper, really enjoy seeing him play which I don't normally say about goalkeepers.

I think Robben should have got the Golden Ball but Messi had probably won that before he even played a game so whatever.

bueno

Postby odradek » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:54 am

i got all itchy and watched seattle play last night. how the fuck was that stadium so full?

odradek

Postby seth83292 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:00 pm

I was at Berlin's Fanmeile yesterday during the game and I think that was my favorite sporting experience of all time. Standing for ~7 hours, thunderstorms all worth it for
http://gfycat.com/SelfreliantCoolIraniangroundjay

seth83292

Postby oldtrailmix » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:37 pm

what's a good way to find an EPL club you like as an outsider? it seems like a list of names with a few token facts at the moment. Arsenal seems cool and approachable, but Everton has Tim Howard. that's pretty much all i'm going on right now.

oldtrailmix

Postby bels » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:37 am

oldtrailmix I find this topic endlessly fascinating. I have a lot of south african relatives who are totally loco for football and I'm always curious as to how they end up supporting whatever team they do. Almost never does someone say "Well they just seemed cool." Normally it's one of the following:

My Dad supported them
I went to city x for university
My friend who introduced me to football supported them
I married someone who supported them

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:44 am

Until last season I'd have said be a Fulham fan:

1) Only likeable club in the EPL (not anymore boo)
2) Best ground in the country
2a) The best ground in the country AND it has a bar named after Brian McBride

stappard_

Postby wiggly--woo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:25 am

to me, consciously choosing a team to support is like sitting down with a list of world religions and going 'well that one looks cool, i'll believe in that from now on'

i'd say to just watch loads of matches and see if you start to feel an affinity towards a particular team.

wiggly--woo

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:01 am

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:58 am

This is how fans of FC Union Berlin watched the world cup this summer - the club set up the stage to look like a living room, laid on sausage and beer vendors, put out some side tables with lamps and invited fans to bring their own sofas.

stappard_

Postby breakadawn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:55 pm

This is an extremely tough time to be a southampton fan.

Gone: Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Lambert

Going: Chambers, Schneiderlin, possibly Rodriguez

Crying rn

breakadawn

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Kelvin Davis is going to be fucking confused when he gets back for preseason and realises the car parks completely empty

stappard_

Postby eufemism » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:35 pm

made a fantasy team for the PL on fantasy.premierleague.com for those that want to join. name of team is c-tags and code is 2819152-588696.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby stappard_ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:47 am

watched fulham pathetically capitulate to wolves last night on literally the coldest august night ive ever experienced

aah i missed live football this summer

stappard_

Postby breakadawn » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:23 am

So I'm a southampton fan and my dad supports pompey, he's invited me to go and see them play oxford united this week, and i want to wear my saints shirt but im also afraid i might be impaled or something. Maybe I'll just wear a bomber jacket over it

breakadawn

Postby starfox64 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:24 am

damn balotelli to liverpool happened quick

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Indieguy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Chelsea-fan here. Thibaut Courtois has been starting for us the last couple of games and I'm really curious/anxious about what the big man Cech thinks about it. I reckon he's got at least 2 seasons left at the top, and I really don't want him to leave yet. What do you think?

Indieguy

Postby stappard_ » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:27 pm

stappard_

Postby bueno » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Lampard looked pretty devastated that he scored against Chelsea... Notice how in the post match interview he never referred to Man City as 'us' or 'we', always just 'this team', seemed like he felt he should have been wearing the other kit.

bueno

Postby starfox64 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:19 am

similar reaction between ronaldo and united

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

PreviousNext

Return to Care