[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Whine Club

The Whine Club

Off topic

Re: Hardcore grinding

Postby despot » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:15 pm

people who cough into their hands - i mean youre going to be sick, cough into your hands, then touch a bunch of crap all over the place and i'm just going to get that on my hands and stuff. just this weekend i was making fun of my friend for carrying around hand sanitizer, but now i feel like a fool

despot

Postby can- » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:20 pm

cough like Dracula into your elbow

can-

Postby windowflowers » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:53 pm

28 x 30 olive

windowflowers

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:58 am

when people on grailed offer you $175 for $500 MSRP boots that you wore once

smh

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby eyealt » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:53 pm

Stuffy noses.

eyealt

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:07 am

I think I’m very polite and patient with sales assistants because I used to be one, but yesterday evening one really got under my skin.

I had an eye test done at an opticians, which was great. I had a voucher so it was a real steal – the only downside was that I had to sit down with a sales assistant afterwards so they could try and get me in some new glasses.

I didn’t mention that I actually sell frames, I just explained that I’d like to have my own reglazed because I’m fond of them. She said that was fine but that it would be far more expensive than just buying a new pair.

What? Huh?

She ‘explained’ that the would need to order special lenses, use a special machine, and spend ‘much longer’ cutting lenses for my own frames. This is just flat out untrue. Every lens has to be specially cut for every frame. If I buy their glasses it was cheaper than buying lenses for my own. Not only is this deceitful – it’s hugely wasteful!

I don’t mind that they want to charge more for doing different work – it’s the lying. And it wasn’t ignorance on her part – she was an optician.

It really irritated me. I was polite and feigned ignorance and said I would think about it.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:00 pm

when you buy an item for $100 but it ends up costing you $120 after USD to CAD exchange rate

rip the canadian dollar, i hate having to factor in exchange rate in purchases now.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Was in an american apparel retail store, Guy was asking why button downs fit large and t-shirts fit slim as he was having trouble sizing and such. Instead of just saying something about different patterns, different fits for different materials, knit vs woven, whatever...

"Well all our stuff is made in the USA without any sweatshop labor, so there's going to be mistakes being made because....."

wtf. Nice case for getting jobs in America. Would've been way better to just say "QC isn't too great, and patterns are pretty different from piece to piece..." oof.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:25 am

Yeah it's all made in the U.S. (minus multibrand stuff like the casios they carry, umbrellas, soaps, magazines). The amount of "hidden" or "back end" stuff on the american apparel site will really surprise you. (well, it surprised me-- it's all easily accessed but most people never have the need or want to)

Factory Tour by Video: http://www.americanapparel.net/aboutus/ ... t/factory/

Wholesale Catalog: http://www.americanapparel.net/wholesaleresources/

Wholesale Fabric List: http://www.americanapparel.net/wholesal ... abrics.asp

And then other nuggets of info like everything you'd want to know about their organic t-shirts: http://www.americanapparel.net/contact/organics.html

IsaiahSchafer

Postby meatjacket » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:40 am

i can easily deal with people who are angry in retail but its the ones who """know""" my job better than I do that get to me.

Yesterday I had a guest complain that "I wouldn't look up her redcard so she could save %5" but there is literally no way to look it up. I mean wouldn't it be a HUGE breach of security if i had access to your bank information/credit/debit card with just your phone number or SS#? "you and i both know that you can look it up so why aren't you doing it" just stop

"well can at the very least, can I get a coupon for all the time you've wasted?" :/ sure $3

"is that it?"

meatjacket

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:28 pm

I HAD NEVER BEEN MAD AT GOOGLE UNTIL I HAD TO RESET MY SYNC PASSPHRASE AND THEY PHRASED HOW TO RESET IT DIFFERENTLY WITH EVERY LINK YOU FOLLOWED AND IT WAS AMBIVALENT. DON'T SAY TO "RESET SYNC" IF YOU REALLY MEAN "STOP AND QUIT SYNC, AND START COMPLETELY OVER AFTER SIGNING OUT" AGHGHGHGHH I SIGNED UP WITH COMCAST WITH MORE EASE. I'VE PUT TOGETHER TWO IKEA BEDS!! TWO! WITH NO DIVORCE!!!

IsaiahSchafer

Postby eufemism » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:31 pm

FUCK THIS BULLSHIT

I WAS GOING 5!!!!! miles over the speed limit and this fucking guy gives a 110 dollar ticket?!!!!!???

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

and i was gonna get my new registration but i didnt have it in my car so he added $130 dollars

bruhhhhh fuck my life so hard right now

and to add insult to injury this motherfucker has the nerve to charge me $8 dollars for a convenience fee? fuck boy here already took 240 dollars but you need 8 dollars more to take it?????

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby zayg » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:44 am

mononucleosis

zayg

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:37 pm

dull knifes -> squashed tomatoes -> shitty guacamole

mc-lunar

Postby donut_milk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:47 pm

Heat rashes and the itchiness that comes with it

donut_milk

Postby sabisabi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:05 am

automated phone systems will be the death of me.

spent about 30 minutes going back and forth with this usps robot until it gave and connected me to an actual person.

sabisabi

Postby nick » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby hooplah » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:12 pm

when you wait til the last few seconds to place a bid on ebay and then find out you weren't logged in

hooplah

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:29 am

wasnt even in good condition, smh.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Bryan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:41 pm

got fired on monday cause i was 45 mins late due to a snowstorm (which turned into a blizzard later but was bad enough early on to cause bic boi delays on the 7 train which is 90% outdoor stations)

there goes my plans to build a gaming computer smh

funfact: a few weeks ago, management fired a busser for being too friendly with guest, by friendly i dont mean he was touching them n shit, he was just conversing with our guest n nothing else lol

wya
Bryan

Postby reedeeah » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:15 am

So long shirt, it was fun wearing you for 5 hours....

fuck ink stains tho

reedeeah

Postby === » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:51 pm

I lost my wallet, which had ~$100 in cash, my driver's license, and credit card. Involuntary cop freeze time, I guess. :/

B)
===

Postby g2x222 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:45 pm

getting shit delivered w/ USPS is so hit-or-miss when you move

i've been at this address for about a month, have had no problems w/ UPS or FedEx, but i've received no mail. i don't get much mail, so i wasn't particularly alarmed, but i have a few packages en route that were sent within the week, and who knows if they'll get to me or if they will be returned to sender

g2x222

Postby Blastoise » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:46 am

Zipper broke on my backpack.

Blastoise

Postby Ques » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Used my splash proof lid instead of the spill proof lid for my klean kanteen and my backpack was slumped over and the entire thing of coffee leaked out and my entire backpack is coffee now . And I no longer have coffee . And I'm sick. And I have three more classes today

-______-

Ques

Postby inherently » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:19 pm

trying to find quarters for laundry because the card scanner is broken :mad:

inherently

Postby freddy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:34 pm

when you hold the door for the person behind you and they don't bother to hold it for themselves... the fuck man/woman

freddy

Postby CMYK » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:13 pm

Shitty bus wifi

CMYK

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 pm

living in a city without wifi on public transit

mc-lunar

Postby eufemism » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:45 pm

public transport has wifi now???? :eek: