[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Whine Club

The Whine Club

Off topic

Re: Hardcore grinding

Postby Suquida » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Living in a city without any real public transit

Kill me

Suquida

Postby Bama » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:47 pm

As someone who's lived in Florida and Alabama my entire life, what the hell is this "public transportation" you speak of? That bus thing that comes every 2 hours?

All progression stems from conclusion.
Bama

Postby smiles » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:55 am

ughhhhhhh

So I applied to Oxford (sorry bela) back in January but two (out of three) of my professors didn't submit their references by the deadline so my application was closed blah blah blah. That was already an ordeal.

Now the Art Dept. at Oxford just emailed me saying they would still consider my application if I got the other two references by the end of the week. So now I have to chase them down in like two days and get them to write it. Considering there's like 140 applicants for 20 spots, that they gave me a second chance probably means I have a decent shot at getting in.

Don't know if i'd go though....

just a complete disaster.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hooplah » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:37 am

IS EVERYONE BLIND??????

IT'S CLEARLY BLACK AND BLUE

hooplah

Postby sknss » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:21 am

Tumblr needs to stop talking about this dress and horoscope signs

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:13 am

ain't no particular siiiiiiiiign I'm more compatible with

I just want your extra time and your

DOODOODOODOODOODOODOODOODOO

Kiss

UnwashedMolasses

Postby sparkyoriental » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:27 am

professors who cancel class via email 10 minutes before the class is supposed to start

sparkyoriental

Postby ptozzi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Ordering glasses online and when they come they're the wrong prescription

ptozzi

Postby ramseames » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:24 am

ramseames

Postby bels » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:53 am

Those ppl are already punished by bad smells and infinite creases

bels
Yung Winona

Postby freddy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:32 pm

When public transportation breaks down

freddy

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:44 pm

I always buy a bunch of cilantro (because that's the only way you can buy it), use it for one dish, and then the rest of it spoils and i throw it out even though i could have used it tons of times. I think I should start sneaking in a few sprigs of cilantro into the lettuce bag when I buy lettuce.

Also, the dryer in my apt complex sucks and you basically need to pay twice to get everything dry even if the load is reasonably small. And air drying is enough of a hassle--I am too lazy to buy a clothesline, and also wonder whether stuff would drip through my floor if I did--that I usually pay the 2x dry fee.

Also when it's sale day at the thrift store and you go later in the day and everything is clearly picked over.

yoyobeat

Postby ryng » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:56 pm

My jeans have been more places than I'll ever be...

Plus I live in California... They're still nowhere near the destination.

ryng

Postby prawnzee » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:15 am

my microwave oven broke down last week
my Samsung Galaxy S4 4G+ dropped two hours ago, and died

great

prawnzee

Postby bels » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:08 am

Has anyone ever worked out what it is that causes some items to get weird permanent faded creases when you put them in the washing machine for the first time?

Be cause I'm pretty mad about it.

Normally seems to happen to rigid cottons.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ervhio » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:56 am

My hypothesis: when stiff cotton is wet, it has a slight tendency to stick to itself, and the enclosed space of a washing machine, especially with the pressure of other clothes, can cause it to stay stuck in the same way for the duration of the cycle. Fabric has a greater tendency to lose dye along creases (e.g. raw denim), and if the pants stay creased due to the aforementioned mechanism, the abrasion of the machine and other clothes will assist in dye removal along those creases.

Proposed solution: wash inside-out; if issue persists, continue to wash inside-out, roll a bath towel (or two) lengthwise and insert into legs to prevent creasing.

ervhio

Postby bels » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:00 pm

I feel like the solution must be like, no spin and no other clothes in the drum.

But you never know which garm is going to reveal this irritating behaviour

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tomsfood » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:33 pm

plane delays making me not get back to my dorm until 2-3am and i have class tomorrow at 9 am!!!!

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby bels » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:33 am

When you wear your clothes in the vicinity of indian food for like one hour and then you have to throw them in the wash because they reek.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nick » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Subways/sub shops (such as Wawa) are somehow worse about that - certainly not the same potency as Indian food, but just a couple minutes inside of a Wawa will leave me with this strange bread odor lingering.

Also, in additional grinding: Having to open a door (with keys) when your hands are very full.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby finolino » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:24 pm

when a kid you used to be tight with but now hates you comes and uses the urinal right next to you

and there are two other urinals far away from you, so you know he was deliberate about it

and there aren't any divider panels either

finolino

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:51 pm

When you're reading about a show you're watching on wikipedia and you accidentally come across a huge spoiler. I thought they used to have warnings for this.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Thomnd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:03 pm

being trapped on an airplane sitting next to an awful child that smells like trail mix, has fingers that seem to ooze a kind of cheeto based fluid, and has absolutely no concept of personal space. If he elbows me one more time I swear I'm channelling Zach Quinto.

Thomnd

Postby freddy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:17 pm

When you finish doing laundry then you realize you forgot to launder a dirty sock

freddy

Postby zayg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:25 pm

You'd think that full grown "adult men" would understand that a dishwasher isn't magic and that dishes covered in sticky food will not come out clean.

zayg

Postby meatjacket » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:15 am

selling for $20, us only

OFFER: $10, from europe

:/

meatjacket

Postby _str » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:08 pm

when people don't flush in public bathrooms bc they don't want to get germs from the flush handle

seriously??

_str

Postby ramseames » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:50 pm

online pdf editors that only tell you after you've spent the time to edit the document that you can't download it for free

ramseames

Postby alby » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:08 pm

when you get to the end of a sandwich and everything starts falling out of the bread

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby zayg » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:00 pm

group projects where the other five members can't write even remotely coherently (okay one wasn't too bad) despite being seniors in college

zayg

PreviousNext

Return to Care