[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Whine Club

The Whine Club

Off topic

Re: Hardcore grinding

Postby balloons » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:36 pm

my relentless dandruff

people who chill on their beds while wearing shoes

people who say "well this is awkward" in elevators

people who overuse slang when it's very apparent that it sounds weird coming from them

overdoing the soy sauce on my white rice

bureaucracy

trying to spell bureaucracy

this thread has been a lil cathartic, actually

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby fuxwitit » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:38 pm

remembering to take acne medicine

the dry skin i get from said acne medicine

clothes shrinking in the laundry

"famous" twitter users

school facebook groups

young dumb mothafucka
fuxwitit

Postby iffe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:50 pm

People who constantly post memes on Facebook.

I'd unfollow these people but that would leave me with three friends or so.

iffe

Postby sparkyoriental » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:05 pm

people who are self referential in regards to their smartness and qualify their intelligence by stating their IQ

e.g. i'm very intelligent because my IQ is >150

my one friend who is in a LDR and has long conversations with her girlfriend on speakerphone while we're at a restaurant eating dinner (is this considered rude? I brought it up to her casually and she got offended and said she doesn't get to talk to her gf very often)

and said friend's jealous and immature girlfriend, who doesn't like it when we hang out and conveys these feelings by texting stuff like "I just feel weird about you always hanging out with sparkyoriental" "no I think she's very nice" "of course I trust you, it's not you, it's me" etc.

girls who might be gay or might not be or maybe are just in their 20s and thus bi curious. JUST TELL ME IF YOU LIKE PUSSY BECAUSE YOU KNOW I DO!

whew. sorry didn't mean to yell it just came out

sparkyoriental

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Cupboards left open everywhere

Having a car

Having to drive everywhere

Shitty teachers who don't tell anyone what their instructions are and are terrible at teaching and makes me hate film and i never want to take another film class again

Teachers who have difficulty talking to people

Counselors/Advisors who don't write reviews for college applications

Counselors/Advisors who tell you right before your last quarter at school that graduation requirements changed and you need two more classes

"That class isn't necessary for graduation" after you take the class

The common app/people who can't be bothered to learn how to use the common app

Stingray Sam

Postby hooplah » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:32 pm

wow i'll tell you what's annoying, i accidentally pressed some button my keyboard and it refreshed this page and i lost my whole post. anyway

women who wear their jackets slung over their shoulders but don't put their arms in the sleeves in street style shots

"choose an option" phone machines that freak out when you key in the number for your option before they've read them out

people who switch lanes in front of you and then go slower than they were going before

when you buy food or a snack that looks fucking amazing and turns out to taste disgusting

rude people, i seriously have zero tolerance for rudeness

hooplah

Postby brlmski » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 pm

people who use the communal laundry machine then forget about their laundry

professors who only care about their research and not their classes

brlmski

Postby yourdad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:54 pm

The look of this site when on mobile

yourdad

Postby b4my » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:21 am

Getting excited and downloading a ton of music and getting a huge backlog in your downloads folder and then feeling like you have to listen to all of it and what was really exciting suddenly feels like a responsibility.

Socks not drying all the way.

When someone you know but don't particularly like sits at your table in the dining hall when you're eating alone and you have to put away your book/phone and make really forced conversation for 20 minutes (no h8 cause they're obviously trying to be nice and all i just wish they wouldn't).

b4my

Postby starfox64 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:22 am

I play on a casual coed soccer team once a week. The whole point of the league is that it's supposed to be fun and social and just people out trying to have a good time. The rules are largely supposed to encourage this (slide tackles are illegal, for example), all teams have to have at least two girls on the pitch at any one time (it's five a side), etc etc.

There is one dude on my team who totally disregards the spirit of the league or whatever. He's constantly yelling at other people (usually telling them the wrong thing too), never gets back on defense (we almost lost last week because of this), does like professional fouls and other bullshit like that. It's super annoying and kind of embarrassing. He almost got into a fight with some dude in our first game and i think it's only a matter of time before he gets punched, which is just in total contrast to the way that everyone else in the league behaves.

Anyway, fuck that dude and all people like him.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby deadkitty » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:32 am

people who don't properly signal at roundabouts. how am I meant to know where you're going/coming from??

deadkitty

Postby ramseames » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:44 am

Man I already hate this thread.

Edit:

This is literally some askreddit tier shit, like I bet if I searched for "grinds gears" I'd find dozens of threads with thousands of replies. People posting things that others do that they don't because those guys fucking suck and are beneath you, and then other people validate your superiority and go yeah screw those guys they're the worst, and everyone feels better about themselves.

ramseames

Postby balloons » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 am

I thought we were just airing some daily frustrations

nobody here seriously believes they are superior to someone just bc that someone has bad breath or whatever

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby ramseames » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:29 am

It just feels very much in opposition to the reasoning behind having this place as a separate entity.

ramseames

Postby jrisk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:19 am

I kinda agree with ramseames. Should focus less on other people.

I hate it when piano keys stick.

jrisk

Postby hooplah » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:24 pm

i don't understand the conscious need to eschew anything even remotely related to r e d d i t or whatever you're trying to say ramseames; if it comes up organically it's not the apocalypse

a thread is a thread is a thread. i enjoy reading people's responses to this question. i don't see the harm, i think you're being a little dramatic

not to mention the difference is that we all know each other a little more intimately than a thousand randoms support circle to stuff everyone hates. people write about more personal peeves, like college-related or clothes-related stuff. i don't think it's a big deal.

hooplah

Postby yourdad » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:33 pm

when shoes fit a bit loose but then too tight when you add insoles

yourdad

Postby balloons » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:45 pm

when you put down a book for a second and it springs shut or you lose your page or whatever

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby ramseames » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Idk I just feel like there are a million different places on the internet to complain about things you dislike and it was nice having caretags be above that in some way. a story about some dude doing something shitty in your own life is one thing, "people who do X when they should do Y like I do" is what I'm talking about. But yeah, the way I phrased that was probably an overreaction.

ramseames

Postby hooplah » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm

when you follow someone on tumblr thinking they mostly post cool pics but it turns out that jesus christ all they do is clog your dashboard with fucking multitudes of self-involved text posts about themselves and their inane problems written in stilted "tumblr speak" in an attempt to make themselves into an internet persona

for some reason, this is also infinitely more annoying when all of said text posts have 0 notes

hooplah

Postby bueno » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 pm

having to stand outside in the cold for half an hour at 6am because of a fire drill.

bueno

Postby eufemism » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:52 pm

the fact that my headphones only last like 2 weeks before one stops working

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby fuxwitit » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:58 pm

people who take the whole damn period to finish a test/quiz

when you can hear the music coming out of someone's headphones

young dumb mothafucka
fuxwitit

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:25 pm

when people's only conversational method is telling stories about themselves

when people refuse to defy the matrix

when it's laundry day and you have to wear your bad underwear and you're like "c'mon I know you can do it just stay down on my leg" and they're like "nah man we wanna hang out with your testes" and then your thighs rub together all day and you keep trying to find ways to pull them back down but there's always people around so you hafta try and put your hands in your pockets and make whatever progress you can

UnwashedMolasses

Postby edward » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:30 pm

When you think you see a free parking space but it turns out there's a tiny-ass car up in there

I know everything about film. I've seen over 240 of them.
edward

Postby okayfruit » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:32 pm

When you get on the treadmill for like 2 minutes and someone decides that they wanna use it to.

When they decide to stand right in front of you to let you know that they're waiting.

When you try to avoid eye contact and trip on the treadmill.

Cmon man. Just use an elliptical or something for like 15 minutes.

okayfruit

Postby rjbman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:06 pm

when you realize you've screwed up. can't stand how lame past me is. present day me too it's not like I've fixed the issue yet.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:24 am

when bus arrival times have huge variance. "oh yeah, bus comes every 15 minutes."

3 buses arriving simultaneously at the 45 minute mark is not "every 15 minutes."

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby purkinje » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 am

how yogurt tends to explode onto you when you open it

shoes that are too narrow for my feet

dried out leftover rice from the night before

when you're tryna fuck and whoever's dog keeps jumping up on the bed/couch/whatever and wants to play

dry static-y hair that just messes up your entire day

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby paf » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:08 am

^^^^^ For real tho one of these fuckin things was sitting in a spot this morning

paf

PreviousNext

Return to Care