[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Whine Club

The Whine Club

Off topic

Re: The Whine Club

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:14 pm

i think white supremacists use a heavily-distorted interpretation of CRT as proof of inherent and significant differences between races. just as civil rights leaders used it to support their belief that racial colorblindness was reductive and regressive, racists use it to imply some deeper differences between races that supports their conception of a race-based institutional power structure

just like how darwin's theory of evolution became social darwinism

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby freddy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Not a whine but sometimes I feel with my background growing up with disadvantaged minorities alongside with Irish underclass and jews and waspy yuppies that I can somehow liberate the world cuz I have previous experience mingling and connecting with everybody. It's too sensitive for either white/non-Asian minorities to negotiate shit for themselves. Same goes with the Middle East, Europe, and Israel. You need a chinaman with no traumatic historical relations to fix shit. So that's where I can come in.

freddy

Postby adiabatic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:20 am

Not unrelated: .

(I remember reading that JT trusted Venkatesh because he wasn't white.)

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Had a miscommunication today while getting my haircut that left me with an undercut with the sides and back buzzed. My hair was kind of like that before but I always left the sides and back with a a little length. It doesn't look that terrible and my hair grows fast so it won't last long but I hate getting a haircut that I fuck up. I kind of look like weird asian skrillex I might go find an old pair of glasses and see how similar I look.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby worknights » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:37 pm

my macbook just stopped working and now im really irritated because macbooks, even refurbished ones, are so expensive and im not in the position to buy a new one.

ig: cavallifurs
worknights

Postby freddy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:12 pm

freddy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:29 pm

roommate just told me "if you don't like [me randomly saying racial slurs throughout the day], go out and do something about it! this is what i hate about contemporary liberalism"

?????

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby adiabatic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:52 pm

I think you should find a new roommate.

At any rate, despite the "Richard Spencer!" comments, I'd .

Edit: since it seems my intentions are unclear, I'm merely recommending against I understand righteous violence as much as the next guy, but I think it's ill-advised in this case.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 pm

i'd punch him if i actually thought he could cause any detriment but he's just a coddled private school finance major with social issues who realized that our other roommates are too dumb and passive to call him out on his casual racism

he's otherwise fairly easy to live with or ignore so i figure at most i'll wait out the rest of the semester, and most likely just before school ends i'll go hard on calling out his shit and maybe try to hurt his feelings or something like that

more than anything it's made me realize how culturally and politically illiterate a lot of college kids are, especially ones that treat college like 4 years of job training. a friend of my other roommate dismissed the concept of the prison-industrial system because i mentioned 13th (amazing documentary) and according to him "you can't base your beliefs off of stuff you see on TV". take some culture classes in college, kids, because no matter how much you know about accounting or whatever you're unprepared to be a citizen in 2017 if you can't see past whatever dominant ideology you live within

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby freddy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 am

rent increase

freddy

Postby freddy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 am

re cheerupbrokeboy's roommate complaint. this book covers millennial liberalism, identity politics and political correctness of contemporary high education that i just started reading tonight

tired of Anglo-American's ever-growing culture of narcissism, safe spaces, trigger warnings, inabiity to accept alternative perspectives/ideology and promote ideological conformism, and the overall infantalization of millenials and society-at-large

Last edited by freddy on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddy

Postby freddy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 am

being triggered by trigger warnings

freddy

Postby freddy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 am

annual inspection of your crib

freddy

Postby freddy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:31 am

remembering when ur first public defender didn't return your calls and then when u show up for ur hearing the da tells u that ur pd retired on u without informing u in advance

??

freddy

Postby anth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:44 pm

mitski tickets sold out the day before i found out about her show :^) i wana die

anth

Postby rjbman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 am

when someone on twitter spoils a movie that's not even out yet

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby archangel666 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:01 pm

toothpaste on yr shirt, stomach aches, the feeling that u and everything else will never be enough

archangel666

Postby adiabatic » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:24 pm

websites

adiabatic

Postby sonofjacob » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:27 pm

[deleted]

sonofjacob

Postby Spaceman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:59 pm

When you ordered a shirt coming from Japan and a Nintendo switch and they both arrived in your city early... but the shirt shipped with FedEx and they marked it as not due for delivery so I have to wait until Monday and the Switch is UPS but just didn't make it in time (even though it arrived at 10:30 last night) and is still scheduled for Tuesday.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby wrong » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:20 pm

things that ship from canada and take 10 days to arrive

wrong

Postby adiabatic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:20 am

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of going somewhere with a 15" laptop and using it there in my preferred backpack.

The official allowed size for under-seat items is 17x10x9. Said backpack is 18x14x9. This is an inch too long, which is merely an inconvenience for long-legged me, but it's four inches too wide which will make it impossible to fit under some seats, assuming this particular rule is reflective of some real physical constraint.

Even if I were to ditch the backpack entirely, the laptop pad is 14.8x10.4x1.3. Too wide by 4/10 of an inch. That kind of problem can be massaged with a , but my preferred backpack has a stiff back and it's still too wide.

I may try putting my backpack in my overhead-compartment back for the plane trip and then pull it out when I get to my destination; I did that with a CamelBak. Thing is, the laptop bag takes up a lot of space inside the overhead bag. There's a lot of fabric to it, so it's going to waste a lot of space that a packing cube wouldn't. I'd like to have plenty of room for clothes; I expect the temperature to range between 92° and 33° (33°C–0°C) where I'm going. I'm going to be going to a computer-nerd conference for the first half of the trip and go hiking/biking up in the hills for the second half, where the daytime highs only reach 65° (18°C).

I do not want to buy a 13" laptop.

I suppose my next step is to test-pack all the clothes I plan to take in my overhead-compartment bag, alongside/inside my backpack. If I'm using the dinky (14.5x11.75x4.75; will have to rotate) shoulder bag as my under-the-seat inflight-entertainment bag, that would probably work.

adiabatic

Postby can- » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:07 pm

unrequited emotional labor

can-

Postby worknights » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:03 pm

love when people say "yeah i'll be there in 10 minutes" and dont reply to you for 4 hours

ig: cavallifurs
worknights

Postby brlmski » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:28 am

when the store is out of the one thing you came to buy

brlmski

Postby freddy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:31 pm

When this shit happens every so often. Like cmon r u shitting me

freddy

Postby freddy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:51 am

Won 2nd in a 54 entry $75 buy-in + $25 bounty live poker tournament at the woods on my birthday yesterday for $687 and then realizing you have to pay taxes to Uncle Sam X_X

freddy

Postby bels » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 am

Showers that go really hot or really cold for a second before settling everytime you adjust them

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Ques » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:53 am

when someone insists to me that louis ck is funny

Ques

Postby freddy » Tue May 02, 2017 7:30 pm

When ur broke af and cash in your coins at coinstar only to realize later you forgot to cash the coins in your pocket :/

freddy

PreviousNext

Return to Care