[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Travel

Travel

Off topic

Re: Travel

Postby bels » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Ultimate travel blazer needs to be double vented so you can sling a messenger bag under it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:15 am

I'll be in St. Petersburg area, but pretty sure that's a few hours' drive.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby msc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:14 pm

going to new york on thursday. so pumped to be away from school.

msc

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:41 pm

I want to move to Hawai'i or Kauai to study, but I know I will have a hard time copping clothing on the island along with all my clothes will be too hot to wear :(

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby purkinje » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:25 pm

In Maryland, 898 miles to go. Albany to Orlando via minivan.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Putting together a colour album but I really wanted to share this photo from our first day. Colour is everywhere here, and sometimes you have to isolate them and pull them out of context to appreciate them.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby spahdfgo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:09 am

Got my ticket for the US, landing in Seattle on april 14th.

spahdfgo

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm likely heading to both Paris and Alaska this summer, anybody got any recommendations for things to try to do in either of those places? The more off the beaten path the better.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby can- » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:46 pm

the food and beer in Vermont is superlative. burlingtons a sleepy town but I can't stop craving the food since I got back

can-

Postby smiles » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Where'd you go to eat?

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby can- » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 pm

skinny pancake (shithole), flatbread brunch (amazing), prohibition pig in Waterbury (contender for best meal of year), blackback/mad taco in Waterbury. stopped in farmhouse in Burlington for a drink, really enjoyed the scene. got stuck in Ri ra (?) for an hour which was a nightmare. lots of toppers, fiddleheads, hill farmsteads and switchbacks.

a delightful gastrotourist experience

can-

Postby rublev » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:19 am

I think travelling alone is one of the most therapeutic things someone can do. It's definitely helped me over the past year.

I took a lot of trains across Western Europe from summer until early winter. Down through Belgium into the Ardennes, then a flash into Paris, through northern France and over to Metz and Nancy, over to the Rhineland and Cologne, and then back through Amsterdam and home. At the end of November i then spent some time in Brussels and Antwerp, which i loved. I'm thinking about going to Copenhagen at the end of the month / start of next, as flights are super cheap at that time. Anyone from here stay there? Or even someone that knows the cool places to go? I went when i was much younger with my parents but can barely remember it.

Last edited by rublev on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
rublev
Political Editor

Postby sknss » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Prince of scandinavia is from denmark (smiling)

So now that i have some time and a bit of money saved up, i'm thinking about travelling. But i have no idea how to plan for this. How did you get started rublev?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby whinefields » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:26 pm

last night in Africa - can't wait to develop this film so I can look at what I took

whinefields

Postby spahdfgo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:58 pm

spahdfgo

Postby rublev » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Getting started was the worst part! I actually did plan quite well, but things can quickly get away from you and i found myself doing things i hadn't planned / changing things as i went.

Last edited by rublev on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
rublev
Political Editor

Postby parastexis » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:35 pm

rublev, I can give you some recommendations in Copenhagen, let me know if you decide to go there

How do people feel about resorts? I'm being dragged to Cancun by my family next week, and I can't imagine having much of a good time but I guess that attitude is self defeating.

parastexis

Postby midvh » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:50 pm

midvh

Postby bueno » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:57 pm

bueno

Postby bels » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Enjoy it for what it is and try and chill out and make use of the facilities

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:27 am

Just booked flights to tokyo on the 15th, and then from tokyo to seoul on feb 15th. $850 through united including all the fees/taxes. Currently riding a high of "holy fuck I'm actually going on this trip, this is really happening".

starfox64 I'll be in seoul from the 15th to the 22nd/23rd probably, so assuming you won't have moved back to the states by then I will buy you many beers.

ramseames

Postby kewks » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:05 am

parastexis: went to a resort in jamaica once. very relaxing, ate way too much and probably got fat since all i did was nap by the beach. got really boring by the end of the week though, i would recommend going on the local trips/activities

ramseames: are you free this saturday? we should do a mini meetup before you leave!

kewks

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:24 am

speaking of tokyo, i'm going there for a few days at the end of the month. hoping to keep my spending to reasonable levels.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ramseames » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:52 am

Kewks i'm very much free this saturday and would definitely be down for that.

ramseames

Postby Dobwin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:07 am

Just booked my flights for visiting the UK in March! This is gonna be my first time leaving the country (apart from canada, but that doesn't really count) so I'm super stoked! Leaving from Logan to Edinburgh on the 26th of February!

Dobwin

Postby ramseames » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:55 am

In Seoul now. Turns out there are 2 hotels within like 30s of each other here with exactly the same name just in a different order. Went to the door of the Myeongdong guesthouse and got told that I was probably booked into the guesthouse myeongdong because he didn't have a reservation for me, and he turned out to be right.

Also did I get fleeced paying 20k for a cab from seoul station to myeongdong station? would have just taken the subway but apparently it had stopped running before I got there.

ramseames

Postby starfox64 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:15 pm

yeah man, cabs here are super cheap. that's like two subway stops, probably should have been like 7,000 tops (probably more like 5000 though). they've increased rates at night, but that's still way too much. was it a black taxi?

lmk if you need recs on stuff to do or places to eat or w/e

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ramseames » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:22 pm

That's what I figured. Dude came up to me and asked where i was going, and then another guy drove me. Crossed my mind that it could have been a scam but I was too tired to say no. It was a van, I think white. Don't remember where it picked me up or anything, lost my sense of direction after I came back out of the metro.

Yeah sure man, hit me up with anything you can think of/we should get beers whenever works for your schedule. I'm here till the 26th.

ramseames

Postby Syeknom » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:17 am

Jetting off to the exotic east, hope everyone has a nice couple of weeks and that the various euro-meetups all go well! Have a blast.

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:30 am

Thailand 2014

What an utterly wonderful country especially when you get to the quieter islands away from any tourist crowds. Did so much snorkelling, swimming and eating amazing spicey food. Started in Phuket, did jungle hiking in Khao Sok, overnighted in Krabi then hit Ko Jum, Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi before spending two days in Phuket Town again.

Syeknom

PreviousNext

Return to Care