[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Travel

Travel

Off topic

Re: Travel

Postby starfox64 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:52 am

imma be in nyc dec. 18-21 if anyone wants to hang

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:01 am

Off to France tomorrow for a few days, then back in London for the weekend before going back to France for a trade show in Paris with Katy. I don't even like crepes.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby navin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:05 pm

how about really thin pancakes bobbin?
this year i went to paris, rome and genova and i loved it, the cold ass weather, the way people behave, the buildings, the roads, the streets, the food the clothes really want to go back.
pics

also was around Ciudad del Este this past weekend

Itaipu, one the biggest hydroelectric damn form my brothers work, which is a branch of researchof it.
the amount of people there was surprising

navin

Postby whinefields » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:50 pm

really excited - going to south africa and mozambique in a month. anyone have any tips, recs? i have a pretty good itinerary but would love to know others' insights.

on a related note, once i go to africa, i'll only have one more continent to go to and i'll have visited every continent on earth. i've never wanted to go to antarctica more in my life.

whinefields

Postby can- » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm in for Antarctica.

can-

Postby katy katazome » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Im going to Amsterdam on Friday (simultaneously researching Vegan dining options as I type!) then straight to Paris for the Denim by PV tradeshow. PLUS booking a Japan holiday/work trip for next April with bobbin. Have been to Kyoto and Tokyo a few times but am planning to spend a few days up to my elbows in indigo in Okayama - anyone been there or got any tips?

katy katazome

Postby Syeknom » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow, those are some hardcore plans!

Amsterdam is one of the coolest cities - so much to do and it's lovely to just walk along the canals. Think they do have vegan options there but I can't remember from our last visit.

Syeknom

Postby katy katazome » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah I bloomin' love it there! Though its always FREEEEZING when I go (maybe its just freezing there all year round, hmm..). Have been trawling Happy Cow and there seems to be quite a healthy vegan scene (arf arf) there...which I guess figures. Weed, hippies, veganism…

katy katazome

Postby panda » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:42 pm

I'm in San Francisco. Anyone have any food recommendations?

panda

Postby can- » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:20 pm

mission chinese

can-

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:30 pm

My future so far is:

I want to do my third year of college in south africa or hong kong and then move out of europe after my masters degree.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby maj » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:13 pm

off to London this weekend with a couple of friends, nice to finally go out and do something before i get drawn back into the working of weekends again. this was mostly fueled by the palace pop up shop promising a small pre-release of their new reeboks which would be nice if i could grab a pair. the trouble is as much as i'd like to look around dsm and libertine for a few hours i'm not sure they would feel the same, does anyone know any 'cheap-ish' things to do/see which are not clothes related?

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:44 am

Me and Katy at a denim trade show this past week. We ended up ordering TOTALLY off menu.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Alright, finally the time is arriving for me to plan next year. Graduating in mid-may, will have a bundle of cash and all the time in the world. Looking for any guidance any of you might have.

Will be by either: bicycle or motorcycle.

Both are really intriguing options for different reasons. Motorcycle: so fun, less work, can see much much more. But it's more expensive, and I don't think it will feel like as much of an accomplishment. Bicycle is also so fun, healthy, and I'm already pretty good at it (though out of shape at the moment.) Either way, I'll end up with a great trip, and a vehicle for some time after to commute/whatever on. Recommendations either way?

I have been downsizing my entire life, giving books away, selling clothing//other possessions etc etc so that whatever i have left I can box up and either leave in my parents cellar, or bring with me to my homebase which will be:

an eco village in NE Missouri. Friend of mine lives there and has an extra room for me. I can essentially live for free, including room and board if I work for him (farming, home building etc etc.) will probably start and end trip there, and then spend some time there. Trip will most likely end when I run out of money.

where do I go? Want to stay in CONUS, it's cheap and there's still so much to see. I've done a very similar trip when I dropped out of college at 18, but it was in a car, and it was to escape everything, rather then to just simply travel, so I'm seriously looking forward to this.

words of wisdom, what kind of gear i need, whatever you have to offer is much appreciated.

RycePooding

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Thick leather jacket, either steer or horsehide which is big enough to throw over a jumper. Don't read Kerouac and try and talk to everyone about him and how it's relevant to your journey, and stay away from that does this.

Motorbikes are so fun but they're speeding death machines and I can't believe I didn't die on one. I know people that did and it's shitty.

I dunno it sounds like you have a fun plan. People seem to think you need to pack in loads of fun but whenever I've travelled I've laid roots a little and had loads of fun. Doing a bit of farming might be fun. Bring face wipes.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

I'll keep kerouac thoughts to myself.

Think i can get by just pitching a tent wherever seems convenient?

If I have the right gear motorcycle is less of a death-rocket, right? but I hear you. I need to find that leather.

RycePooding

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:17 pm

I'll bet modern leathers are way better than the stuff I rode around in. My friend here in the UK bought modern leathers and looks like Robocop when he wears them, but they seem much stronger.

No idea on the tent in the USA thing.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Syeknom » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:51 am

Bobbin let's talk India.

Show us a map of your route! Are you just visiting Chennai and Gujarat? How long are you there for? First time in India for you both?

I'm fascinated with the idea of travel to India and the surrounding region (would love to visit Ladakh some day). Anything in particular you guys are excited for other than the mill?

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:03 pm

NYC- 18th to 22nd? 23?

what it do what it do

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby RycePooding » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:23 pm

smiles come to iowa.

guys my trip is starting to come together, both in terms of $$ and plans. too exciting.

RycePooding

Postby smiles » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:24 pm

bike to VT!

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby RycePooding » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:25 pm

I really want to go west, because 'going west' just seems right, but I definitely know waaaaaaay more people east. Decisions decisions. I think I might end up living in VT at the summer house though.

RycePooding

Postby spahdfgo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 pm

When's your trip Ryce ?

spahdfgo

Postby can- » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:39 pm

who's in NYC before Christmas?

care tags meet

can-

Postby RycePooding » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:47 pm

My trip will begin in mid-May.

RycePooding

Postby spahdfgo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Alright, I should already be in the US at that time so if we're in the same area at some point, we could meet up or even do a bit road together.

spahdfgo

Postby bels » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:41 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:49 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:47 am

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm gonna be in Key West, FL from Dec. 28th- Jan 4th. Anyone else going to be vacationing in the area? I hear its popular this time of year.

RycePooding

PreviousNext

Return to Care