[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Travel

Travel

Off topic

Re: Travel

Postby IAustin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:36 am

Just visited my relatives in fake canada. I love this city. Nice people, delicious food, and good . Going to stay here for a week or two to finish my novel. My cousins promised to make this summer unforgettable (smiling)

IAustin

Postby JewTurk » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Going from Portland -> Seattle -> Vancouver -> Squamish -> Whistler, any off the beaten path recommendations? Unique parks/hikes/eats/art museums?

JewTurk

Postby surfdude69 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Planning on taking trips to Riga, Porto, and Wroclaw this autumn/winter. If anyone has any insights as to budgeting, weather etc to these cities I would be very appreciative x

surfdude69

Postby Northwest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Vancouver B.C. worth it any more? I have a better time in Victoria going to their bookshops, walking, and eating treats. Plus I can take a ferry to get there. The train to Vancouver isn't not nice, but the last time I took it someone ate an entire Little Caesars pizza next to me, slowly, for the majority of the ride. Not ideal.

Northwest

Postby Benson » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Thinking about heading to Taipei for a week in October or November, since that's all the time I'll be able to get off work around then. Would you guys recommend it? I've never been to Asia figured it would be a good introduction and a bit more budget-friendly than Japan.

I've also been kind of feeling guilty about wanting to travel lately. I sometimes think that my intentions are to just class signify and keep up with the Joneses since it seems like people's conspicuous consumption has shifted from owning things to showing off the things they've done. I also feel a bit guilty about supporting tourism when I know it's wreaked havoc in some local economies. I kind of feel like it'd be better if I was going places with a purpose but at the same time I wonder if I would just keep putting it off and never go. Anyone gone through these thoughts? I don't want to bash on travelling but I figured you may have experienced similar thoughts.

Benson

Postby alby » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:10 am

what are the joints in Seattle? I'll be there for a week at the end of sept. for a conference and would love to hit up some shopping, coffee, restaraunts, bars, etc. if yall got any advice let me know

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm

taiwan's chill and that's arguably close to the best season to go -- my personal opinion is that winter is optimal but i hate heat so ymmv. at the very least its not typhoon season. if u wanna make that trip many short hops from taiwan are quite feasible -- china, hk, japan, sk, philippines. taipei alone is pretty interesting but there is so much more to taiwan worth seeing imo. close by is keelung and jiufen/shifen. the high speed train in taiwan is pretty good too so other cities like tainan, taichung, and kaohsiung are relatively accessible. idk where you come from but daily costs in taiwan are cheaper than that of japan in my experience (especially when it comes to food)

on the topic of exploitative tourism:

on the topic of finding a reason to go:

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby parastexis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:39 pm

i'm in london from 9/12 to 9/17. looking for some record stores to find old techno/house records. also down to hang!

parastexis

Postby bels » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:26 am

Emailed ya paras

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:45 pm

what's hip in london these days? will be visiting in december for work and staying the weekend endcaps

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby brlmski » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:40 pm

who's in the seattle area? i'm headed up there for an interview in the first week of december. gonna specifically be in the uw area

brlmski

Postby archangel666 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 pm

will be in London this summer.. possibly Berlin after my program is over and going to travel around.. I would love to meet u all :heck:

archangel666

Postby Benson » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:59 am

I ended up finding a good deal on a flight to Tokyo, so I'm heading there instead of Taiwan. I'm there tomorrow until Sunday the 15th. Anyone in the area? I found a whole bunch of great looking place from searching old threads :woop:

Benson

Postby zevolution » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm

I am in amsterdam for the next six or seven and I'd love to meet any of you who are living or may be visiting here. My Mastodon is the same as my u/n if u wanna hit me up on there (smiling)

zevolution

Postby Ques » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:26 pm

im gonna be in sf from july 25 - august 2

if anyone feels like looking at art/going to uniqlo/convincing me to move to san francisco drop me a PM

Ques

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:04 pm

anyone comment on south korea i'm waffling on going
jazz seems great out there but i dont speak korean

will take a sk (?) -> taiwan -> hk trip v soon

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby mahi-mahi » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:12 pm

I’ll be in Chicago for like 15 hours on a layover if y’all want to meet and do something in March

mahi-mahi

Postby Benson » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:03 pm

Going to Hawaii for the first time tomorrow (big island). I’ve never been somewhere like that before. Any tips?

Benson

Postby rjbman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:08 am

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Previous

Return to Care