[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Zine

Zine

Off topic

Re: Zine

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:40 am

Happy with it but don't necessarily think every single thing needs to follow it. Although written pieces should probably stick true.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby smiles » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:09 am

I think a theme is important. Our zine in general doesn't have a theme (like travel, or fashion or whatever) so to keep it from being all over the place there needs to be some common thing in an issue. Obviously not everything has to follow it though.

'The End' is fine with me.
16 pages is ideal. which leaves us with about 11-12 pages for content.
depending on contributors i would say approximately half for words and half for photos. Some may be just photos with 80 words or something. Or a short piece with one or two photos. really depends on what people want to do.
photo essays would be nice.
Things about clothes would be nice.
short articles would be nice.

Some guidelines
Are you facing an ending? what does that look like? what comes after the ending?
Show me an ending, either literal or conceptual. The end of the world. The end of your packet of cookies. The end of a friendship. Tell me a good ending.
What does ending in fashion mean? (could be contentment. the end of a search.) The end of divisions? Post-apocalyptic fashion?
The end of an era? What will the followers of #menswear do? or raw denim enthusiasts. Their time in the spotlight has ended. what's next?
Why is ending a good place for a new beginning. or why is this the theme of the first issue? besides being a bit contrary. (circles perhaps?) the end of negativity (or maybe apathy or even contrarianism)?

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby germinal » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:51 am

i just wrote this, it's kind of cheesy

germinal
Garminlad

Postby teck » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:49 am

I do think the overall zine "theme" is that we're on the internet and this is care-tags. im sure others have done something like this before, but the democratic, digital nature of this zine is very exciting and i think still quite new even in the world of zines. i think the very realities of making this zine will reflect in the final product (everything is digital, has to be created with pdfs, etc).

anyways, ok the theme is This Is The End. I defer to guidelines.

I've created a Google Doc:. Put in your (user)name, the format (if it's an essay, photo essay, article, etc), title (if applicable). The last column, "sent", you enter once you've sent it off to the publisher/aggregator/editor

i love having this be so open, and i want the barrier to entry to be zero BUT please if you do sign up, be diligent and send your piece by the cut off deadline, which is TBD.

For now, all contributions are welcome. If things get crazy, we can decide what pieces will go in. But for now let's go nuts.

are you serious about having us send stuff to you? i like the idea a lot, but i feel mailing might become a nightmare since we're global. pdf might work better. let us konw if you want to take this on or if someone else (, etc) should be laying this out.

teck

Postby smiles » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Sounds good. I agree about the theme bit. Overall it's definitely caretags/internet/digital/digitalfashion. Eclecticism is very 'internet' and there are mags that do that just wondering if we can try a slightly different angle. Anyway let's keep it super open and any themes in the future should be at least as open as 'this is the end'

I'm definitely interested in the layout/aggregation/look side of things rather than a contributor but I'd probably like to submit some small things of my own.

I will probably print a few physical copies into existence over here in hk but that doesn't mean bobbin can't to the same thing in London. Maybe we can do some physical customisations on that end. I have a few ideas...

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby teck » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:28 pm

i'd love this to be physical for sure. usually physical goes into the internet. we're doing the opposite. very conceptual.

teck

Postby ramseames » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:50 pm

all you do is print it out double sided, fold in half and staple down the center right?

Might want to just set a random deadline of like say, 3 weeks, so people have an idea of how long they have.

ramseames

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:04 pm

I think my idea may be different to what the guys are trying to achieve. Will start another topic for collaborative art projects.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 am

... i wanna draw something

rublev
Political Editor

Postby ramseames » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:43 pm

Thoughts on throwing a QR code link to care tags in at the end? More elegant way of connecting people here than telling them to go type out a URL.

ramseames

Postby sensodyne » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:47 pm

do people actually use qr codes?

sensodyne

Postby ramseames » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Not often but this is the kind of thing where I would/i think it makes sense.

ramseames

Postby smiles » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:42 am

like i said i'm not that great with indesign but perhaps these can be considered as 'types' of covers/designs. alternatively a much more hand-drawn or low-fi one but i dont know how to simulate that on indesign.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby iamacyborg » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:16 am

iamacyborg

Postby ramseames » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:29 am

yeah that was probably a dumb idea.

are we thinking to directly associate it with caretags?

ramseames

Postby iamacyborg » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm just bitter about QR codes because the company I resigned from invested millions into a stupid QR code shopping app that launched a couple days ago.

iamacyborg

Postby silvaeri » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm happy to (try to) help out with the design/layout of this. I've done a couple of book layouts before, and would be interesting to try a magazine.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby hooplah » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:11 pm

lol

hooplah

Postby teck » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:07 pm

bump.

i'd love to have this happen. please use the google doc to submit your idea. we're open to pretty much everything at this point. no deadline yet but we'll update soon.

http://www.coolhunting.com/tech/apple-carplay.php

teck

Postby teck » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:24 pm

helo any interest in this happening? how can we make this as easy as possible?

teck

Postby teck » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:13 am

ok im going to take a page/ie steal an idea from bobbins. i really want to make this happen, and i want this to be as easy and earthy as possible. we stand on a precipice of potential -- the collision of art, internet, digital, physical, old, new. i think this could be amazing and i want everyone who is interested to participate.

this is what you need to do:
1) Put whatever you want (ideally related to fashion and somehow coming from the idea of "the end") on an A4 or 8.5''x11'' piece of paper. It can be WHATEVER - a poem, a collage, whatever the fuck.

2) send it to me (PM me for the address). you can also scan it and send it (PM for email)

3) due date is APRIL 30th

This might be a shit show which would be pretty awesome.

teck

Postby alby » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:03 am

bumping this. I have an idea for a project that I think the Zine format would be great for. Does anyone have any experience printing zines? Is there an online service that works great? Should I just print the pages at my local walgreens? ??

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby ratchetkoala » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:11 pm

B U M P

Can we please actually do something like this? I'm a designer so I have no problem putting together the final files if people actually contribute content.

|
ratchetkoala

Postby bels » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:58 am

The only way to make zines happen is to do it yourself or get the email addresses of people who are known to follow through and harass them personally.

Alt: make a zine of content already available on ctags.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tomsfood » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:17 am

content already on care-tags: zine of all of bela's white t shirts

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby germinal » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:40 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:18 pm

those are not poorly xerox'd enough

ramdomthought

Postby ptozzi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:45 pm

relevant

ptozzi

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:12 pm

so this never took off. reviving from the dead?

also interested in having a zine share! if enough people want to i'd like to organize a zine swap (doesn't have to be your own personal zines but would be nice!). figure just send a couple zines between everyone and share the love

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby mooncorp » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:25 pm

i made zines!!
sample page

364 days since last post in this thread, who wanna swap now?!?! zines and/or anything else you've made :cool:

mooncorp

PreviousNext

Return to Care