[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - regret

regret

Off topic

regret

Postby starfox64 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:56 am

i bought a shirt today and it was on sale and only $50 but now i'm regretting it. i looked at it yesterday and it's something that i've been thinking of buying for a while and now i have it and i am wearing it and it's really underwhelming. i can't return it because the store is closed and i am leaving tomorrow at like 9 am and it's not worth missing my flight for a shirt that i might not even be able to return or exchange but blah this sucks. i also bought some $500 boots but i think that's ok. this shirt, though, is really bothering me.

i'll probably just throw it up on b/s/t at some point and be done with it. i have a bunch of stuff like this to get rid of when i move back to usa.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Re: regret

Postby can- » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:27 am

what's the shirt tho? can't be that bad that u won't share

can-

Postby starfox64 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:53 am

objectively it's not terrible, there's just a couple of small things that could be better and i've bought enough clothes that i'm ambivalent about that i'm trying only to buy things that i really like.

i should have bought a shirt with a button down collar because generally i like those shirts more, and there's a little flap at the end of the placket that's weird because it starts at the second to last button. i will probably cut this off.

the problem isn't so much the shirt itself, it's that i compromised and bought something that i wasn't 100% committed to, y'know?

it's a cotton-linen blend from journal standard, which seems like the japanese jcrew. i thought about the shirt as i was wearing it during dinner, and i'm willing to give myself a pass because a) i needed a shirt to wear on the plane tomorrow because i already wore all of my shirts and got them sweaty and gross, b) i haven't been happy with the shirts i bought at beams or the uniqlo linen shirts i have, and c) i was mostly able to restrain myself from buying a bunch of uc/vis/nonnative/wm stuff.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby starfox64 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:55 am

also i meant this just to be a general thread about clothing regrets. kinda like that "one that got away" thread that teckneaks made.

not really other types of regrets otherwise it'll just be a "ycon and bela are sad" thread.

in that vein though, the SA at apc was really cute and i should have talked to her but i didn't anything from apc. also i need a haircut.

starfox64

Postby bels » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:05 am

I dunno, the shirt looks fine to me. can't see the weird placket thing.

Falling out of love with button down collars personally.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 am

i mean, yeah, it looks fine but i'm probably not going to wear it that much. i guess i can stash it in the back of my closet or whatever but i'd prefer not to have clothing like that.

starfox64

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:53 pm

i bought a ton of vee neck qlo tees but i really wanted crew but i can't go back now i'm fully commited

ramdomthought

Postby can- » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:17 pm

jizz rag tenchar

can-

Postby bels » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:38 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CROCKET-JONES ... true&rt=nc

^^can't believe that price. Should have bid just to piss off whoever was involved

Should get an unlined linen casual blazer for summer so I can just drape it over t shirts.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:50 am

i think i gave my birks to goodwill a few summers ago. i dont really like sandals but that seems like a silly move in retrospect.

starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:52 am

How come? If you don't really like sandals I'm not sure they're worth hanging on to just because certain bits of the internet are into them right now.

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:31 am

well they are also popular in korea right now (a few dudes at my office have them). there are just some things that i've bought lately that i'd like to try out with birks, but you are right. there is a reason i got rid of them, and probably the bigger regret is that i bought them in the first place considering how infrequently i wore them.

starfox64

Postby bels » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:36 am

Sometimes I really don't feel like thinking about what I'm buying and just go for something that seems like a known value. I did this for my black tie and felt good about it (though maybe I shouldn't have spent £90 on a tie given that I've worn it once) but I also did it for my sunglasses and sort of regret it. I just went into sunglasses hut, tried on some Raybans and ordered some new wayfarers in black from Amazon. They're fine but I wish I had something cooler now.

I also sort of regret buying rod lavers as they never get worn at the moment.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm

I regret a lot of the girls I've dated

RycePooding

Postby starfox64 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:34 pm

why? that seems really shortsighted.

starfox64

Postby RycePooding » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:06 am

I think it's because I have a tendency to date girls that I know going into it are completely wrong for me. It's hard to overcome completely different life values and goals.

The regret stems mostly from the fact that I not only knew going into the relationship, but also continued the relationship past the point where it was beyond hope.

RycePooding

Postby can- » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:52 pm

'Pain is a teacher'

can-

Postby bels » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:46 am

Assuming this sells for cheap, I wish I'd bought it instead of my YMC coat:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1120

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:48 am

i smoked like half a pack of cigs on saturday. i really regret doing that.

starfox64

Postby can- » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:59 am

hows your journal standard shirt tho

can-

Postby starfox64 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:02 am

lol it's ok abut i still kind of wish i had bought something else

starfox64

Postby rjbman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:10 am

Spent $120 on a pair of black jeans that I had to size up so they'd fit my thighs because the cut wasn't for me; worn them like twice and really don't give a crap about them.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby hooplah » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 pm

if this is only about clothes, shouldn't it be in tags?

i regret quitting everything i ever started once i reached a level of mediocrity

and i regret not going to the watch the throne tour

hooplah

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:04 am

ramseames

Postby bels » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:33 am

I regret sizing down on these suit trousers =[

On the flip side it's the perfect excuse to buy a new suit.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 am

i dont regret selling my geobaskets but i do miss them

can-

Postby fechner » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:54 pm

I thrifted some doc marten oxfords and dyed them black. Now they look super similar to my postmans. So much so that it doesn't make sense to keep both and I'm thinking I prefer the doc martens ($8) to the postmans (~$200) D:

fechner

Postby bels » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:28 am

Sell the postman's and bank the saving

bels
Yung Winona

Postby purkinje » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 am

I regret hosting a habanero eating competition last night and I regret treating my gastrointestinal tract the way it has been recently treated

I regret buying a schott peacoat that was just a little too small

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby SisterRayVU » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:02 pm

SisterRayVU

Return to Care