[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Tales of public transportation

Tales of public transportation

Off topic

Re: Tales of public transportation

Postby papabear » Thu May 29, 2014 6:43 pm

There's this 50~ y.o male I see on the bus everyday after I get out of class. He's pretty weird and always talks to himself or shouts at the bus driver. So today, he dug into his trusty fannypack and pulled out two toothbrushes. With one on each hand, he started brushing his teeth, alternating between each hand every few seconds. The way he brushed his teeth was absolutely grotesque. He didn't scrub his teeth, he would dig the bristles into his teeth and rip his toothbrush out so he could flick the gunk towards the people sitting in front of him.Surprisingly, the bus driver did not bother yelling at him, probably because he's done weirder shit on the bus.

papabear

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:31 pm

there's a guy who's sitting next to me on the bus right now and he's breathing heavily like a fat kid who just saw cake

his breath smells too

send help pls

help pls

pls

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby sknss » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:32 am

Today's match was Smelly homeless man vs People who refuse to open the windows
Still unsure who won

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby smiles » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:20 am

Next level crowds on the metro today. Took me like ten minutes just to reach the platform. Madness

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby rublev » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:33 pm

almost 100% sure the couple that coughed and sneezed their way through their journey at the weekend have given me a cold :(

rublev
Political Editor

Postby tomsfood » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:37 pm

"Mom, is that an Amish?"

"Mom, is that a Halloween costume?"

"Mom, is he going to a funeral?"

Little kid asking questions about me from across the subway, what a funny kid :grin:

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby freddy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:28 pm

I was boarding a train back home after quickly transferring from one line to another at a station where a local hockey game had just ended. Some chick and her friend sat next to me and asked me for directions after glancing oddly at them. I didn't want to be bothered and was aloof in my own head. However, they obnoxiously ended up taking selfies and her friend on the subway, to which the chick elbowed me to join in. Afterwards I told her to upload it to instagram and she asked me for my username, but I told her that didn't have one myself. Clearly they wanted have some fun in a sociable mood, so I asked her where she's from, vice-versa, and chit-chatted. She asked me what was my name I told her, and her other friend in awestruck goes, "are you serious?" in an innocent and surprised manner. I explain to them that it's Jewish (or Scottish because it was used in in line of actual Jewish names during Persecution) and the whole story of how my mom decided to name me it at the last minute because she originally wanted to name me a girl name until a nurse told her, whilst giving birth to me in a Jewish hospital.

The "are you serious" line bugged me throughout the night. >:

freddy

Postby rjbman » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:48 pm

I didn't know "Freddy" was Jewish.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby sknss » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:37 am

dude with a deer head wrapped in cellophane in a bag.

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby vgtbls » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:48 am

Shortly after taking this picture the guy next to me on the bench very politely asked me about my stan smiths

vgtbls

Postby exprof » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:40 pm

pidgeon bros tryna find shelter from the storm

exprof

Postby jukeboxnukebox » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:56 am

one time these two guys got on the same trolley at the same stop wearing the same shirt. i was watching them to see if they were going to acknowledge one another but the guy standing up got off at the next stop

jukeboxnukebox

Postby Catfush » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Last week it was rainy out and the only umbrella I had was this giant family sized thing that my sister left at my apartment. So I'm standing at the bus stop with this giant fucking umbrella and this dude, who is like 6'7" and wearing a hoodie, comes over and asks if he could get under my umbrella. I say yes and he gets under the umbrella. So I'm making small talk with him and all of the sudden, this girl comes up and asks if she can get under too. I say yes and she joins this funny scene. But as she got close I noticed she had a full on beard/mustache, like long-ass whiskers. Whatever. So I'm making jokes and stuff about my giant umbrella and I say something like, "Good thing about it is I get to meet new people." So girl introduces herself and I put my hand out to shake her hand and she just goes for the hug. This wasn't just a quick hug either, she latched on tight with both arms around my stomach (she was short). She finally lets go and does the same with the other dude. The other dude and I just stood there awkwardly until the bus pulled up, she didn't get on with us.

This is probably a pretty mild public transportation story, but I come from the suburbs and I have never experienced the wonderful world of bus riders.

Catfush

Postby stappard_ » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:37 am

A couple of a weeks ago a lady pushed me off the tube

It was abnormally busy (weekday morning northern line, always busy) and 2 or 3 full trains had gone by before i got to the front of the platform. waited for a couple more full trains, then climbed on when i saw a spot. it was packed but that's how it goes really, but then this tiny lady completely loses it, shouts "STOP PUSHING ME" (i wasn't, i'm nice) and launched me clean off the train and back onto the platform. except, now the gap on the platform had filled up and i had to balance precariously on the edge waiting for 4 more trains to go past and not kill me before there was room on another one

i really didn't push her. maybe it was her first london commute

stappard_

Previous

Return to Care