[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Lifestyle Flintstone

Lifestyle Flintstone

Off topic

Lifestyle Flintstone

Postby bels » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:42 pm

Post people/things that inspire you to do things other than buy/wear clothes.

bels
Yung Winona

Re: Lifestyle Flintstone

Postby bels » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:56 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby inherently » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Richard Feynman:

I don't remember how old I was when I first heard of him, but he's the person that I aspire to be. I remember reading "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman" (a collection of his stories) sometime in high school. It's a fun read imo, and it ranges from light and humorous to somber and serious.

He's the prototypical scientist: relentlessly curious, passionate about understanding things, and generally excited about the world. He was a fantastic storyteller as well, and he was an excellent educator. He was also mischievous and had a great sense of humor.

Here are some of my favorite stories from him:

inherently

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:05 am

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby ratchetkoala » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:49 pm

|
ratchetkoala

Postby rublev » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:07 pm

PAUL CELAN

romanian born (1920), son of german jewish parents who died in a labour camp during WW2. unable to reconcile his (hesitant) faith and his 'germanness', he threw himself into the seine in 1970.

THE ECONOMIST

hands down the best weekly publication. BUT has made me slow at reading novels 'cos there's so damn much to take in (A BAD THING)

ARVO PART

estonian born minimalist composer. sacred music. tintinnabuli ('the ringing of bells') is his own compositional style.

here's a cute video where he's interviewed by bjork.

two of my fave pieces

CONAN O'BRIEN

i don't really watch late night anything and don't really go for talk shows but his remotes make me think he's one of the funniest people alive. this was one of the first remotes i saw and it still makes me laugh. his improv is beautiful.

CARL VON CLAUSEWITZ

everyone's fave prussian general and author of , what's not to like.

additional shoutouts to:

anton chekhov
neil macgregor
larry david
phil elverum
knut hamsun

...i will come back to this

rublev
Political Editor

Postby julius » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 pm

julius