[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Writers Group

Writers Group

Off topic

Re: Writers Group

Postby thephfactor » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:50 pm

Wrote the first script of my life for my short film last fall. Felt reeeaally weird sending it out, and even weirder having people talk to me about it. Unfortunately everyone was very complimentary about it. It's going to be worse when people are reading my words when we shoot later, don't know how I'm going to handle it. I'll probably just start giggling.

And my English prof. from last semester said he'd give me a letter of recommendation... Strongly considering the MFA program in Creative Writing at my school. It's mostly correspondence, so theoretically I could get dat paper in the day as a software developer and then write like hell at night and on the weekends. I wanna pull a Nic Pizzolatto, teach at a lil school and write fiction on the side until I have something to pitch to HBO :3. Couple of years to go before that decision I guess, though.

And speaking of paper, the guys at the student newspaper apparently liked my shit enough to pay me as a reporter this spring.

EDIT: I don't know what this thread is about but whatever it is I'm in 100%

thephfactor

Postby FeministFatal » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:39 pm

So I've been listening to a lot of the Doors lately so I took a poem I wrote the other day and used garage band to make it all beaty. It's not very original but I would love to hear some feedback on how to do better in the future.
https://soundcloud.com/jessica-mcquarrie/heat

FeministFatal

Postby momjeans » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:41 am

I wrote a "borgesian style essay" based off of a fictitious romance novelist named Lindsay Memphis for a class assignment. I guess I'm fairly proud of it and I also want to start sharing more of my writing so here goes:

Also, I'd really love some critiques and/or comments and compliments / questions / any other thoughts you have.

momjeans

Postby Cowboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:40 am

Redacted

Last edited by Cowboy on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboy

Postby rublev » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 am

i wanted a plum
but ther
e was
only a mango left
alone
in the fruit bowl

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Cowboy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Redacted

Last edited by Cowboy on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboy

Postby rjbman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:35 pm

bumping this - who wants to get in on writing some cool short fiction based on our S.U.T.O. and LOOK ARENA threads? I'll put together a list and we can start taking turns.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby rjbman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Up next:
I choose

On deck:
soko
bels
CMYK
Cowboy

Resting:
rjbman

We'll keep it chill (I know people have commitments besides writing stunning short fiction based on internet fit pics) and give people a week to post.

If anyone else wants in, just comment / rep saying so and I'll add you to the roster.

Last edited by rjbman on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added new participants
"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby thephfactor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:46 am

last night i got super drunk and read 2 poems to my friends and they said they were good

thephfactor

Postby Cowboy » Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Bella, a dog I knew well and loved, died today. I wrote her a story, in the spoiler below.

Cowboy

Postby alexander delarge » Sun May 28, 2017 10:11 pm

WOw, I did not know this thread existed--Super cool--Here is a poem of mine that was accepted into a midwest-only publication called twig. If any of you are from the midwest, you should consider submitting poems to them!

Being young is like being one of these malenky machines
alexander delarge

Previous

Return to Care