[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Anime

Anime

Off topic

Re: Anime

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:12 am

Can we discuss manga here too? I'm going to.

I haven't been watching much anime recently but I've been reading a lot of manga. Mostly just slice of life's but a few other things mixed in. Read Koe No Katachi so that I could compare it to the movie, pretty good stuff MC was kind of weird and did a bunch of stuff that seemed plain stupid but I liked it except the ending. Also read Chikan Otoko(Molestor Man) a while back, I really liked this one. Generally funny and pretty much no filler, I highly recommend you read it if you haven't and at all like rom coms/slice of life. Also been keeping up with I Am A Hero, I liked the first 100 or so chapters but things got kind of weird and introduced a bunch of characters that I really don't care about at all. The MC story line is still pretty good but the others are kind of lame. Last one is Btooom!, I don't even know why I read it. It's not very good the main concept is stupid and the characters are all kind of stupid I should stop reading it.

Also thinking about buying a copy of Jin Roh on Blu Ray but I'm not sure if I want to own physical anime merch yet.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby WussWayne » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:52 am

I finished watching Ping Pong the Animation. Let me start off with the artwork. Absolutely unique and fuckin amazing. I've never seen another anime with similar artwork and the soundtrack complemented it quite well. The characters were incredibly realistic and I enjoyed the heaps of inner-growth and transformation each of the main characters had at the end of just 11 episodes. I also never thought a Ping Pong match could have me on the edge of my seat.

It was also nice to hear authentic chinese in my chinese cartoons :heck:

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby Bonobonobo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:52 pm

MOB PSYCHO 100

This show is great. The webcomic it's based off of is done by the same guy as One Punch Man and the anime similarly has amazing stylized animation which is sort of a cleaner version of the original (super rough) art. It's fucking hilarious and has the feel of a comedy series but then pretty seamlessly incorporates an actual story and characters that you care about. It has a lot of character and feels really fresh.

The show is about a pubescent teen, Mob, who's extremely gifted with psychic powers but terribly underdeveloped in pretty much every other area, and his conman employer Reigen who pretends to be an extremely gifted psychic to give spirit consultations. Like OPM it's very aware of the cliches you expect and often subverts them, Mob isn't the "awkward Japanese high schooler who's actually just oblivious to all the cute girls into him" but is legitimately socially obtuse and invisible to most people. Anyway watch it.

[youtube]watch?v=xKKwIfhiLaA[/youtube]

Bonobonobo

Postby Julio » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:20 am

can we please talk about mononoke
hands down one of my favorite series ever; rewatch at least certain episodes yearly. feels very rich and full of content; worth critical analysis even (IMHO)

is about a medicine seller who wanders around basically exorcising spirits (morality isn't so black&white here so not necessarily evil ones) but requires knowledge of the spirits' "truth, form, and reasoning" or something like that to exorcise them. amazing visuals, remarkable storytelling (that tie very strongly into the visuals), good voice acting and effects, and strong references to traditional japanese mediums: ukiyo-e/woodblock prints, folklore, and also kabuki & noe theater.

good stuff. 10/10 recommended

Julio

Postby Bonobonobo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Latest jojo opening song is sick. Then again all of them are sick

[youtube]watch?v=KovZBb-gjYY[/youtube]

(the OP movie is spoilery though so don't watch it if you're not caught up)

Bonobonobo

Postby costanza » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:07 am

I thought I made a post about this but apparently I hadn't. If you haven't watched Tekkonkinkreet you definitely should. Beautiful artwork and animation with a heartfelt story about two homeless little boys in a big city. A bit supernatural which is nice in my opinion.

costanza

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:31 pm

I love that poodle in yoi

BIGBEE

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 am

i know it's been said all over the internet but neo yokio is awful

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby rjbman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:33 am

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby iwtt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:14 am

thought it was hilarious, what didn't you like about it?

just saw tekkonkinkreet the other day which was great but you could tell they ran out of source material when the manga had to be wrapped up

my girlfriend and i are watching fate stay/night unlimited blade works right now and the animation is amazing but the story is reaaaally slow

iwtt

Postby pandas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:39 am

I thought Neo Yokio was pretty fun and enjoyable

pandas
Look Arena Champion

Postby BadLuckCub » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Your message contains too few characters.

Last edited by BadLuckCub on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadLuckCub

Postby Dingdongfootball » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:37 pm

who"s watchin my hero academia?

incredible show. some of the best most goodhearted, charming, pure tv in recent memory. i wanna hug almost every character, especially tenya iida. such a lovable cast. lots of great ships.

Dingdongfootball

Postby can- » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:21 am

what are the best modern day analogues for shows like HXH, yuyu hakusho? I got a couple of brain cells i'm looking to fry off.

TYIA.

can-

Postby Julio » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:51 am

kekkai sensen is fun and quirky; mostly light-hearted but has really good, real moments and likeable characters. i recommend it; season 2 came out fairly recently. easy to marathon and enjoy imho.

i've also been pretty impressed with the netflix-produced anime roster. i'm saying this in the wake of watching a bunch of episodes of devilman crybaby.
definitely far better than that travesty of a live-action film which i saw years ago, but that comparison probably drags the series down a bit.
the masaaki yuasa involvement helps; tatami galaxy is one of my favorite shows.

Julio

Previous

Return to Care