[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Anime

Anime

Off topic

Anime

Postby anonomous » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 am

Anime thread! For anything about anime (smiling)

Let me start off by this season's offerings.

I'm currently watching, (arranged by how much i liked them)

I also have Psycho Pass downloaded but i have not started it yet. I heard it's a really good cyberpunk anime.

What are you watching?

anonomous

Re: Anime!

Postby rjbman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:17 am

Psycho Pass is good, think it got a second season + a movie...

Currently watching Gurren Lagann.

Some of my favorites:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Space Dandy

Do films count? Toss pretty much all of Miyazaki up there too.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby starfox64 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:25 am

GOAT

stronk 90s style game from yusuke

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby nick » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 am

, I like many also got his roots in Toonami. Actually, I haven't expanded **that** beyond it. I remember calling my older brother "gay" for watching Dragonball Z, but got hooked into it myself before long. YuYu and Kenshin sealed the deal.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby starfox64 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:35 am

I loved the trailer things that Toonami and Adult Swim did. And the bumpers too.

The release of new episodes of DBZ (including Goku going super saiyan for the first time) was a pivotal moment in my childhood. As was the debut of Gundam Wing.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby kyung » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 am

watching:

-Captain Earth
-Isshuukan Friends
-Kawaisou
-No Game No Life
-Nanana Colle
-Nisekoi

Captain earth is a pretty fun watch, sure it's pretty trope-y and corny but simply taking it at face value, it's a beautifully animated show with some funny moments and decent action. kind of over the whole "spirit powers the robot" deal since TTGL has pretty much set the bar for that. whatever, i'll watch it while i eat some food or something

Isshuukan Friends has an interesting premise, but I never really get hit with the "feely" type shows. Nonetheless I like the art style and the fact that the main character isn't a clueless fuck.

Kawaisou and Nisekoi are my SoL shows of the season. Really enjoying Nisekoi and the work that SHAFT does as a studio. Sure, the plot doesn't really go anywhere, but it's lighthearted fun and the reaction faces are priceless. I have a weak spot for Sakurasou which is why I think I like Kawaisou so much. Aside from the great animation, the characters are funny enough (albeit played out) and both have Hana Kanazawa as a voice actress which is always a plus.

NGNL and Nananacolle are two shows I didn't really expect to watch, yet after watching each respective show's first episodes, I was hooked. NGNL has some beautiful visuals and I feel Nananacolle has the most potential to turn out to one of the season's most interesting shows despite it's rather meh looks.

Plan to watch:

-Ping Pong
-Mekakucity Actors
-Soul Eater Not!
-Mushishi

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby vgtbls » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:13 am

I was a real teenage anime.

I really liked Bebop, FMA, .Hack//Sign, season 1 of Haruhi, Lucky Star, TTGL, FLCL, and Attack on Titan.

Potentially cool series that made me feel like a creep: High School of the Dead, Strike Witches

vgtbls

Postby kyung » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 am

hsotd was hilarious in it's over the top, super weirdly sexually charged action/fanservice. it knew exactly who it was appealing to and it was fantastic in it's execution

the anime had a bit of a lackluster ending (essentially just a commercial for those to read the manga, but isn't that every anime nowadays?) and i dropped the manga around issue 20 after my interest petered out. still a fun watch/read though

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 pm

i dont really watch much anime too much any more :/ but flcl, cowboy bebop, and samurai champloo were incredible

i think the last one i watched was darker than black. would recommend

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby bikesarecool » Sat May 10, 2014 5:20 pm

i'm not super into anime, but watch one or two from time to time. recently watched golden boy. i'd say it's one of my favorites for sure.

bikesarecool

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun May 11, 2014 6:57 am

love anime.

I tend to only watch dubbed anime. I just can't keep up with subs, the end up boring me often (though for some shows it's necessary). pretty much all my recommendations will have decent dubs for this reason

I have the obvious favorites like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, etc. But my absolute favorites (and the ones I heavily recommend) would be these:

BECK, a fantastic slice of life about a band. Except way cooler than Haruhi. Probably my favorite of all time anime. The manga is fantastic as well, basically the only longer manga that I've ever liked enough to read all the way through. It is absolutely loaded with music references for a huge array of genres.

Welcome to the NHK, an anime about a hikikomori (recluse) and his attempts to re-integrate in to society. first couple of episodes are on youtube. Great anime, if a little bit depressing.

Planetes. Another slice of life series- It's about space garbage collectors. This is not only one of the best anime out there, but also one of the best hard sci-fi series out there.

Hajime no Ippo. A series about boxing. Very amazing, not sure what else to say.

I also think One Piece is great (the manga is better though) and probably the best of its genre.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 am

I started reading FMA recently
what a dissapointment :[
didn't live up to the hype at all (maybe the anime will be better I dunno)
maybe it's a nostalgia thing that I don't get
SPOILERS BELOW

BIGBEE

Postby camping jazz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:18 am

watching fewer and fewer things every season. currently only keeping up with gugure! kokkuri-san.

only thing i'm looking forward to rn is the second season of non non biyori.

camping jazz

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:39 am

Some recommendations for some slightly less serious anime.

B Gata H Kei

The premise is stated early in the first episode: our protagonist is a high school freshman named Yamada and her childhood dream is to have sex with a hundred guys. Solid lines from the first episode include "Finding a card-carrying virgin cherryboy who's also a hottie is practically impossible" and "What's he freaking out about? Oh, he's probably never been this close to pretty". It's a very fast-cutting show but if you don't get worn out it's a lot of fun.

Ouran High School Host Club

This show is centered around Ouran High School, an extremely prestigious private school for the wealthy, its Host Club, a group of very handsome men whose job/passion it is to entertain women, and Haruhi, a very plain and poor person who worked her way into Ouran High. Plots are up there with B Gata H Kei in how ridiculous they are, without wading as far into the romance/sexual side of things. Linked is a subbed version of episode one, but you may want to watch it dubbed (still very good) so as to get the most of the animations.

Golden Boy

Golden Boy aired in 1995 and could be considered a spiritual/stylistic predecessor to B Gata H Kei. We follow Kintarou Oe, a student who completed all requirements for a law degree but dropped out before graduating, as he travels working various part-time jobs. This is a short one, only six episodes or so if I remember correctly. Each episode features Kintarou getting into a new situation with a new woman and having to work for her for some reason. Plots and jokes get absurdly sexual, though it's kept (mostly) at the level of innuendo.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby nexus6 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:21 pm

If you guys are into cool ass japanese gangsta styled stuff from the 60''s, 70's, then my close friend, Eldo Yoshimizu (who's a mangaka from Japan with quite of a cult following) is almost about to release his first mainstream manga entitled "Ryuko".

Here are some snaps of his recent work:

The man really knows his shit, and he's a veteran architect / sculpturer, so we can expect some really eye candy stuff on the way. Check out his site as well: http://www.eldoyoshimizu.com/

nexus6

Postby thephfactor » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:55 am

I didn't watch anime as a kid and haven't gotten into the habit of watching too many series but there a couple that I really liked. Cowboy Bebop (obviously), and the Bakamonogatari serieses, and Ergo Proxy. Ergo Proxy latched on to me pretty hard, I could stop watching, ended up watching the entire thing over two days in the middle of finals week. Absolutely loved the aesthetic.

thephfactor

Postby WussWayne » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:05 am

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby can- » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:08 pm

are there any battle shounen type animes that dont suck?

I watched hunter x hunter 2011 pretty recently and enjoyed most of it.. couple of arcs dragged pretty hardcore.

I feel like if naruto wasnt like a 900 episode commitment I would probably watch it but I am not going there.

Anything???

can-

Postby Cowboy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:29 pm

One Piece is my absolute favorite anime, and I think far outdoes HxH overall.

The most obvious reason for that is the time, yeah, it's another 600 episode commit. But Naruto is 900 and absolute ass in comparison.

Not really gonna push you to watch it because it's really the time that'll be a burden, but with that time you get the most magnificent character build up I've see from any show in any genre or entertainment medium. That's what I think is the biggest allure, and the battle is much better and more developed than HxH (similar, just in depth)

I'd say if you have the time and you like getting to know your characters get to One Piece. its at a much higher level than Bleach/Naruto/Fairy Tail could have ever reached.

Also if you are gonna start it soon it won't end for another decade so it really hurts being caught up

Cowboy

Postby starfox64 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:49 pm

one piece still has like 10 years left before it gets done, and it has a ton of filler, so it's probably not a great recommendation.

also i don't know that it's that much better than naruto or bleach at the beginning, though i do think both of those fall off (but after like, 100 eps or something).

starfox64

Postby Cowboy » Mon May 18, 2015 1:20 am

Whatever happens, happens.

See you Space Cowboy...

Cowboy

Postby evilfriends » Mon May 18, 2015 3:05 am

Oh hey there's a thread for this!

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LastFirebender hmu if you ever wanna talk about anything off this list

I am really enjoying Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu currently, it's so nice and awesome.

your favourite animu is rated 7 innit :sweg:

evilfriends

Postby ice » Mon May 18, 2015 5:01 am

i don't understand the hype about haruhi?
i watched season 1 and two in chronological order recently and didn't like it very much
whats the big deal?

ice

Postby ptozzi » Mon May 18, 2015 7:50 pm

watching:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

planning on watching:

Ping Pong: The Animation
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion

ptozzi

Postby Cowboy » Sun May 24, 2015 3:11 am

finished Samurai Champloo. Had caught bits and pieces before but decided to plop down and enjoy it myself over the weekend. Really the only thing that came from it was immense satisfaction.

spoilers here,

Quick Edit. I rate it a bit below Bebop, which alot of people compare when they shouldn't really seeing as they are two entirely different shows, beyond the barebones their is no similiraties. But I'm doing it anyways. Bebop was better to me because it was more...focused. It conveyed itself in a better way overall, and it was just so much more clear in a way. Spike is also my role model in life so that might be a reason, but yeah there's my take.

I recommend!

Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Mon May 25, 2015 12:21 am

[youtube]watch?v=fiaYNR5GviU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Cowboy

Postby ptozzi » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:46 pm

So I finished FMA:B, and I have to say it really exceeded my expectations. Story and character development was far beyond what I assumed it'd be, having never watched anime. A little disappointed in the use of CGI but that's a minor point. Kind of ironic cause I just started Ping Pong: The Animation and love the use of CGI so far. Four episodes in, really excited to see how Smile develops.

ptozzi

Postby Northwest » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 am

This can't come as much of a surprise from a techwear enthusiast but Gundam Seed and Ghost in the Shell were my fascinations as a Toonami teen. I can't say that Gundam Seed holds up as well, but Ghost in the Shell is easily more engaging as a late high school/college watch.

Watch Ghost in the Shell movies if you are more visual-minded for tech clothing and an introduction to transhumanism, watch the show for in depth discussion of AI evolution, politics in a "post-death" world, and philosophical joys like seeing a robot find a way to understand the concept of God through the prism of mathematics.

Northwest

Postby okayfruit » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:13 pm

If you aren't watching Ore Monogatari this season then we can't be friends

okayfruit

Postby can- » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:00 am

can-

Next

Return to Care