[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Click to Poem from belabartok to POF

Click to Poem from belabartok to POF

Off topic

Re: Click to Poem from belabartok to POF

Postby bels » Thu May 28, 2015 3:57 am

SCENE: The lounge of a rented house BELA and NOT FORT GIRL ANOTHER GIRL sit on a couch. BELA has followed NOT FORT GIRL ANOTHER GIRL on INSTAGRAM and is SCROLLING through her 'GRAMS

BELA: Haha, you use a lot of hash tags

NFGAG: Haha shut up

BELA: This one is kind of cool though, where was it?

NFGAG: Oh that was an exhibition at The Serpentine.

BELA: It's really great, hold on...

(BELA stops scrolling and pinches to zoom)

BELA: What's this, what's this a picture of?

NFGAG: Oh, that's a fort I made.

BELA (VISIBLY SHAKEN): A fort. Do you mean at an exhibition or something? Like an installation?

NFGAG: Haha, no, yeah, it's just a fort I made it at a friend's house

BELA: Hashtag blanketfort hashtag pillowfort?

NFGAG: Haha.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nick » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:38 pm

what are your opinions on references in fashion.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby bels » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:46 pm

I made a reference to pinching to zoom in instagram but no one thought it was real.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:39 am

when you sign on and see this you know ' it's gonna be a good time '

can-

Postby Iliam » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:52 am

Iliam

Postby can- » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:24 pm

thank you iliam for this wonderful text.

can-

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:29 am

forgot about this thread. bela what is happening w tinder/pof. or are you married now or what

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:08 am

I've quit the game.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:31 am

wish i could ban quitting the game threads, discussions, general whining. quitting the game thread is most tedious thing on CT. what is the point of art etc? what happens if, for example, scotty just decides it would be better to step out of pursuit of madeleine when he has the chance? desire, time. it's a spiral. you can't step out of it. or you think you can, but it just takes you into the uninteresting ambient torpor of low-grade cognitive science, 'authenticity', yoga etc that is the default mode of western millennials on the internet.

edit: this will all be explored in 's forthcoming film 'oops i quit it again', scheduled to show at the milton keynes film festival 2017.

Last edited by pirxthepilot on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
pirxthepilot

Postby odradek » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:03 am

odradek

Postby bels » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Conflation of quitting marketing led "art" and rejecting all desire seems to be a common theme for critics of the QTG thread. I'm sure in one of my various manifestos (don't blame you for not reading them they're pretty repetitive) I mention that the idea is to spend less time on one desire so that it can be funnelled into more rewarding/cheaper desires rather than some overarching moral message about the joys of capitalism. Regardless, the thread pays for itself in defensive posts from those who manage to skim above the consumerist hell abyss that I (and others?) have fallen into.

I'm sure it's not interesting if you're one of the above skimmers or someone who enjoys saying they "aren't going to buy anything for a month" but the game quitting conversations I've had with fellow millennials* schiaparelli and iliam have been illuminating and exciting for me. I never used to care about a lot of things I now like since I decided to stop looking at fashion as something you buy and wear. Your mileage may vary!

Anyway I meant I've quit the POF/Tinder/dating game for the forseeable.

*Am I a millenial? I'm 30 with a corporate job and a house. Please advise.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:52 pm

you've completed all the requirements to transform into mark corrigan

maj

Postby ratchetkoala » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm

We need a new word for millennials so young that they don't even remember the year 2000.

|
ratchetkoala

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm

i was born in 97 and im pretty sure im not even qualified to be a millennial. what am i. i didn't expect to have an identity crisis until at least after dinner tonight.

mc-lunar

Postby ratchetkoala » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:14 pm

|
ratchetkoala

Postby bels » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:00 pm

pirx I wish I understood your wish to buy black trousers with an interesting texture.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Sun May 08, 2016 1:37 pm

fitpic inspo

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Previous

Return to Care