[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - distinctly different from the other food threads

distinctly different from the other food threads

Off topic

distinctly different from the other food threads

Postby ramdomthought » Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 am

this thread is about fast food

things that look good

things that look bad

advertising vs reality

what are YOU getting for lunch today

ramdomthought

Re: distinctly different from the other food threads

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu May 01, 2014 10:22 am

Pollo Tropical is great fast food

Chick-fil-a is great fast food (ethical problems notwithstanding), good quality chicken

McD is better than its perception

Taco Bell is evil

UnwashedMolasses

Postby RycePooding » Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am

I love fast food pizza. I love all pizza.

RycePooding

Postby starfox64 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:34 am

i've eaten at wendy's like 4 times over the past 10 days

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby kyung » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 am

i don't really like fries, or any type of potato side dish. i feel like it detracts from the main event (unless you're eating only fries or a baked potato or something)

On Fast Food Ice Cream:

McD's 25 cent cones used to be such a great treat, but they've since raised their prices >:(. McFlurries are so disappointing, I can barely taste any of the add-ins due to how cold the ice cream is itself.

Wendy's Frosties are one of the greatest frozen treat deals in fast food today. This will probably be the only time I'll eat fries with something.

Any other fast food frozen desserts are off my radar

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby starfox64 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 am

what about dairy queen? blizzards are everything mcflurries should be.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby nick » Thu May 01, 2014 11:03 am

~$5-$7 takeout/food truck food doesn't count as fast food does it?

when it comes to mcdonalds etc i'm strictly dollar menu (unless we're talking breakfast). not out of necessity, it just feels wrong any other way.
mcdonalds is definitely my favorite of the big 3. it's fast food and it knows it, the 'fakeness' of mcdonalds is what makes it so delicious. of course you really got to be feeling mcdonalds to eat it. im NOT down with burger king, fast food trying to play dress up as something more. don't kid me like that burger king. you're cheap fast food stop pretending. wendys is chill.

dairy queen is the only notable contender in the fast food dessert game, i concur that blizzards are incredible (but I also haven't had one in years)

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby kyung » Thu May 01, 2014 11:07 am

dairy queen blizzards are the reason i was fat as a kid

although certain flavors just dont present themselves in blizzards. any type of chocolate candy is lost to me, and the flavor of the ice cream ends up overpowering any toppings i put in it. m&m's, kitkats, butterfingers, are more for texture than anything.

that said, oreos are the best in ice cream. cookies and cream may be my favorite flavor ever

KIMCHI SLAP

kyung

Postby ramdomthought » Thu May 01, 2014 11:12 am

tell me your fast food secrets

wendys fries + a little bit of extra salt + chocolate frosty = ez heaven

ramdomthought

Postby bueno » Thu May 01, 2014 11:32 am

regular cheeseburgers are the best thing to order from McD's

bueno

Postby rjbman » Thu May 01, 2014 11:33 am

It's mostly a midwest place but Culver's is fantastic. I like their concrete mixers even more than DQ blizzards. And the burgers are good too.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramdomthought » Thu May 01, 2014 11:40 am

culver's cheese curds are a gift from god

and a recipe for a quick, contented death

ramdomthought

Postby SweetJavaBrown » Thu May 01, 2014 11:41 am

You don't know fast food until you've had Cook Out. $5 buys so much food.

SweetJavaBrown

Postby starfox64 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:42 am

flying to texas tomorrow.

there's in n out there.

but it's only austin and dallas, not houston (where i'm flying). i could have flown into austin instead. this is bullshit.

other than culvers, i eat a lot of steak and shake when i'm visiting my parents.

starfox64

Postby inherently » Thu May 01, 2014 11:44 am

I can't do hamburgers from big fast food chains. I only ever get crispy chicken sandwiches (Checkers is the best at this, hands down).

popeyes >>>> kfc

inherently

Postby starfox64 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:04 pm

starfox64

Postby ramdomthought » Thu May 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Diners: Fast food?

Mom and pops vs the shitty all night mom and pops vs chains ala dennys

big boy sucks unless you have a family

shoneys is good

even though it fits all my criteria for a shitty diner i'm into every single Waffle House that exists

dennys is shit and always is, relegated to drunk food only

ramdomthought

Postby bouquet » Thu May 01, 2014 12:11 pm

culver's can be cool but the last few times I've had concrete mixers I've been disappointed. granted it has been months and might just be my local place, but they've been kind of runny. the whole point of a concrete mixer is to be thick/compact, right?

bouquet

Postby ramdomthought » Thu May 01, 2014 12:32 pm

i'd throw diners like dennys, shoneys, waffle house in the same league as culvers as this gray area of fast food or not really but kind of

because i include those i think diners fit the scope of this thread

also,

chipotle, five guys, qdoba: yuppie fast food. what do you guys think about 'healthier' fast food for a price? how long will it live, will chipotle's incredible expansion continue for the future?

ramdomthought

Postby rjbman » Thu May 01, 2014 12:40 pm

I like Qdoba more than Chipotle because of their queso.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby nick » Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 pm

as long as chipotle and five guys maintain the image of being 'better than fast food', they will continue to thrive. really, the higher prices work as a higher barrier of entry and it keeps those places savory to their target market. sounds wrong but think about it. people love the convenience and stability of chains (this is known), and chipotle is free of the stigmas associated with fast food. you don't have to feel ashamed to bringing your coworkers to chipotle, or walking back into your office with a chipotle bag. you definitely would with a mcdonalds bag.

as long as 'fast casual' continues to cater to the literal yuppie (young urban professionals) crowd, it shall continue to reign. seriously, conformity when it comes to lunch break choices is oddly interesting.

I'm DEFINITELY making it overcomplicated but I'm comparing the popularity of those spots to non-chains.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby ramseames » Thu May 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Mcdonalds mango smoothies are too good

Also i dunno if timmies counts as fast food or not but it's a national treasure.

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Thu May 01, 2014 1:25 pm

timmies is definitely fast food

as is dunkin

as is starbucks

as is beaners (for you midwesterners)

ramdomthought

Postby vgtbls » Thu May 01, 2014 1:53 pm

My breakfast was four donuts from Dunkin and a cafe mocha from Starbs. I feel like shit.

vgtbls

Postby g2x222 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:57 pm

g2x222

Postby exprof » Thu May 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Poutine from any casse-croute. >:D

Nothing yummier than fresh cut fries.

exprof

Postby RycePooding » Thu May 01, 2014 2:04 pm

One time I watched a man eat a chipotle burrito then go back up, get another, and eat that one too. It was as disgusting as it was heroic.

Man, poutine. I wanna move to canada.

RycePooding

Postby Syeknom » Thu May 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Just had some delicious fresh Belgian fries

Syeknom

Postby kyung » Thu May 01, 2014 2:10 pm

denny's grand slam or ihop short stack is great hangover food

golden corral is a sad place

KIMCHI SLAP

kyung

Postby inherently » Thu May 01, 2014 2:33 pm

I had chipotle for lunch and learned that they raised their prices sometime in the past two weeks :c. they fill a nice niche between fast food and eating at an actual restaurant imo. it has a great atmosphere. similarly for five guys.
you should come try potatopia in Edison!

don't do white castle. I once splut a crave case after frisbee practice and I felt disgusting afterwards.

inherently

Next

Return to Care