[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Homemade photoshoots

Homemade photoshoots

Off topic

Homemade photoshoots

Postby FeministFatal » Wed May 07, 2014 1:28 pm

So I like styling and photographing my friends and myself in like an editorial style wannabe photoshoot way. I thought about posting some on the photography thread, but I feel like it is less about the technique of taking pictures than it is the styling. I really want critiques for how to do better in the future, and look at your guys' stuff if you're into that.
(smiling)
Here's some stuff I've done, in order starting with least recent.

model:my dear friend esther age 13

FeministFatal age 14

Esther age 14

my dear friend Jenny

Feminist

The rest are from a few weeks ago. Models are me, my german friend Mara, and Stingray.
I'm wearing a vintage dress my grandma wore to my mother's wedding, Mara is wearing a dress I made, Stingray is wearing a thrifted jacket, his Public School Jeans, an apron that he made. If I am in the picture, photocredit is Stingray. All makeup/hair/clothes except for stingray was done by me.

FeministFatal

Re: Homemade photoshoots

Postby FeministFatal » Wed May 21, 2014 10:50 am

Something I did this weekend with my friends. A bit difficult because Esther insisted on styling herself. I challenged myself to take a sort of white trash approach with a bunch of random ugly clothes and make them look interesting in the photos. Really difficult but fun. Mara's (the beautiful blonde) last week before she goes back to germany.

FeministFatal

Postby raags » Wed May 21, 2014 10:56 am

I find these more interesting from a photography pov than I do from a styling pov, but I guess that's largely due to the clothes you're working with. #1 and #4 are very cool (in your recent post).

edit: to add more - what I really like about those two is that the composition to me really reflects the setting of it. the out of focus curtain in the foreground of the first one, the skew of both, and the lighting really are cohesive with it being a rustic white trashy shoot in a shed.

raags
Best Dressed

Postby FeministFatal » Wed May 21, 2014 11:41 am

raags- yeah I agree i need to hurry up about growing that out. (smiling) Yeah I would say that I like the first one the best. Thanks guys (smiling) Also thanks for all the rep for the other one. zayg- honestly I don't really know how to mess with lighting. Especially since all of my shoots are outside. help? (smiling)

FeministFatal

Postby raags » Wed May 21, 2014 11:46 am

if you want to shoot outside, using fill flash or a reflector can go a long way. this is DEFINITELY not my area of expertise in photog though - i'm sure there are some good books on the matter though!

raags
Best Dressed

Postby FeministFatal » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:38 am

More photos for feedback. First set is from winter break with me and Esther wearing her mom's clothing she's saved from her young years. Second one is of Stella, wearing a dress I found at a flea market, for a project I'm working on for my internship at the Natural Resources Defense Council that is aimed towards younger audiences (tumblr) trying to connect vintage with the environment and cool blah blah- so its supposed to be really hipster.
(The flintstone for me and esthers shoot was like drugged up bored housewives... probs not conveyed)

FeministFatal

Postby smiles » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:59 pm

ornament for today

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Ques » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:45 am

i hope this counts

Ques

Return to Care