[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't want a pickle

I don't want a pickle

Off topic

I don't want a pickle

Postby freerangepleats » Wed May 07, 2014 9:12 pm

I just want to ride my motorcycle.

I got my 82 GL500 a little over a year ago. It needed some work when I got it, so I replaced the ignition coils, plugs, and rebuilt the carbs. Finally getting it on the road and running reliably has been the greatest experience of my life. I used to ogle expensive bikes, now I can't imagine betraying her. She taught me how to love.

Anybody else own/want a motorcycle? Share your story. Don't die.

freerangepleats

Re: I don't want a pickle

Postby exprof » Wed May 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Do scooters count? My dad got me a honda ruckus for my 16th birthday!

I sold it last summer because I was going to buy something ~150cc and get my motorcycle license but I haven't found anything that's small enough for me (I'm 5'2 and 95 lbs) :-(

exprof

Postby g2x222 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:25 pm

g2x222

Postby freerangepleats » Wed May 07, 2014 9:43 pm

freerangepleats

Postby freerangepleats » Wed May 07, 2014 9:49 pm

freerangepleats

Postby exprof » Wed May 07, 2014 10:55 pm

That bike is a beaut! I love the yellow. And oops, I meant 125 cc. There are 4 classes of motorcycle license here: all motorcycles, 400cc or less, 125cc or less and 50cc or less. Insurance/the test are significantly cheaper the lower the license, and bikes with smaller engines tend to be lighter ^_^ The only reason I didn't like the ruckus is because I couldn't go on the highway with it since it maxed out at about 70 km/hr.

Thanks for the link! I'll look into it :D

exprof

Postby prawnzee » Fri May 09, 2014 3:46 am

this is my dream

..one day

prawnzee

Postby can- » Fri May 09, 2014 8:55 am

cut the pickle, tickle tickle!

can-

Postby zayg » Fri May 09, 2014 11:10 am

My dad keeps telling me that he wants me to learn to ride...and while I kinda want to, I really don't want to learn on his bike because I don't want to risk dropping it.

zayg

Postby freerangepleats » Tue May 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Just got back from inspection and apparently my brake light has been turning OFF when I hit the brakes. Probably not a good idea to ride it until I fix it. You know, just so I can avoid getting pulled over for not being inspected. Or getting run over any time I slow down by a teenager on their cell phone(which I guess could happen regardless of my brake light).

^In case anybody wants to get me an upgrade ;)

freerangepleats

Postby can- » Tue May 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Tickle tickle (smiling)

can-

Postby exprof » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:22 pm

I was talking to my dad about how much I missed my scooter today and he told me about how his friend modified his ruckus to be able to go 90km/hr so I think that we'll have a fun little project on our hands soon~

Also to anyone who owns a bike/scooter: how/where do you park downtown? There are designated motorcycle parking areas in some parts of the city but otherwise not too sure what to do/how to go about it...

exprof

Postby ramseames » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:24 pm

just park in a normal space and try to leave as much room as possible for someone else's bike

ramseames

Return to Care