[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bikes

Bikes

Off topic

Re: I like to wear spandex and put things between my legs

Postby nothobo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Giro Empire shoes

nothobo

Postby RycePooding » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Planning another bike trip across the south. Going through New Orleans. Anyone wanna come?

RycePooding

Postby RycePooding » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:08 pm

ocboter

RycePooding

Postby teck » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:11 pm

i thought you didnt have a great time in your first one?

teck

Postby donut_milk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:24 pm

A proper photo of my bike since I didn't post it earlier in the thread. The handlebars have a different color on them, though.

donut_milk

Postby RycePooding » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:53 pm

i just got lonely.

RycePooding

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:14 am

My bike got all fucked during moving :((((((( the disc brake pads are too close together. hopefully I can get some hex keys

BIGBEE

Postby bobo77 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:11 am

Finding places to practice cyclocross in a new location is a pain.

bobo77

Postby station » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Are they hydraulic disk breaks? If so, you can put a flat screwdriver or putty knife in between them and push the pads back apart or use a spreader tool which you can pick up from a bike shop easily.

station

Postby odradek » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:16 pm

i am once again a complete person

odradek

Postby ramseames » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:17 pm

Thought I was getting a cool new Lbs on my block but turns out it's gonna be a fucking spin studio. So lame ugh

ramseames

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:49 pm

It has cables I don't really know bikes very well I have to admit

BIGBEE

Postby silvaeri » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Completed my first century today! Twin Cities 100 whattup! Track bike riding was a success. I'll report back on if I can bend my knees tomorrow or not.

Bonus victory pic:

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby odradek » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:55 am

Noice noice. I just did my first century and it was awful. Just awful. They said 11k climbing over 100 miles but what they neglected to mention was that it was actually 9k climbing over 60 miles, then rollers. Congrats on doing it fixed, what the fuck.

odradek

Postby YoungCanoeist » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:22 am

she looked really beautiful the other night.

YoungCanoeist

Postby bikesarecool » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:38 am

i decided to accessorize my stem

bikesarecool

Postby RycePooding » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:26 pm

had all sorts of issues with my bike. guy offered to buy it for 600, might just do that and buy a surly. this one treated me well on tour though, i hate to abandon her

RycePooding

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:07 am

New bike day for my mom today:

lol

(her other bike is a pinarello so you can't h8)

ramseames

Postby odradek » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:41 pm

to not be totally vacuous, did an 75 (10+55+10) mile ride around DC to check out all the boundary stones that were . Took all day, way too much time in the saddle, but there was beer. probably my last big ride of the year.

odradek

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:59 am

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/106715068[/vimeo]

i love this kind of riding where its slow as fuck and you just hop the rear wheel around and adjust your weight and shit and try to clear as much as you can

this is terrifying though

also litevilles must be hot shit AM bikes for the alps cuz every germaustritalianswiss rider doing this kinda thing well has a 301/601

ramseames

Postby silvaeri » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:28 am

Added a hardtail mtb to my collection recently. Headed out to some local trails this Saturday to make a fool of myself. Will attempt to get footage of me riding so you can all laugh as I most likely crash. Super excited for this, something about fall really makes me want to get out on trails and off of the road.

In other news, thinking about doing a little tour back to my hometown (near Milwaukee) from Minneapolis for Thanksgiving this year. It's about 360 miles and I have a friend who's fairly experienced in touring wanting to do it and is pushing me to tag along with her.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby nothobo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Spent 7.5 hours in the saddle on Sunday, climbing the local mountains. It was definitely the toughest ride I've done so far, and I was pretty dead afterwards, but now my legs feel great.

nothobo

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:06 am

impressive shit dude

always wanted to do that but instead of going to the base of the gondola take mountain highway and go up the fromme switchbacks to the lodge at grouse like in the rapha video

ramseames

Postby nothobo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:20 pm

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/106894206[/vimeo]

nothobo

Postby vgtbls » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Almost hit a pedestrian today... She was looking down at her iPad and stepped off the curb without looking.

Then she turned out to be in my class

vgtbls

Postby silvaeri » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Riding through campus is a nightmare. So many people who have no idea what they're doing. Drivers, cyclists, longboarders, and pedestrians alike.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby Ques » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:12 pm

X-posting this from the question answer thread: i've been procrastinating getting a bike for around a year now (i'm pathetic, yes), and since i'm on break and it's nice out today i popped into the local bike-store

they had some jamis coda-sport 2014 things that looked very nice, for around $500. wondering if they're as good as the employees made them out to be?

looking to be able to ride 10-30 miles casually a few times a week, and possibly commute. i live in portland, so the brakes need to be good in rain. from what i've read on the internet thus-far the bike seems to be a good match for me, but i'm wondering if any c-t cyclists have some knowledge to drop on me before i drop cash that i can't get back?

edit: also anyone have a good lock recc?

Ques

Postby station » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:20 pm

The bike looks pretty good component wise. The seat looks like it might be a little uncomfortable, but that's personal preference. It'll definitely fit your needs! Jamis is a good bike brand and is priced well. If you don't have any biking stuff, make sure to pick up a helmet! You can ask if they give a discount on accessories when you buy the bike so you can pick up that, a bottle, a pump if you need one, and maybe a pair of lights if you plan on commuting at night. Also, some shops will give free tune-ups which is pretty nice, so be sure to ask them if they have anything like that. A well maintained bike will always work/feel good! Anyways, the rim breaks should be fine for Portland, but just make sure to ride cautiously in wet conditions! If you have any issues braking, you can do things like swap tires although I think those tires look fine. Have fun!

Also, this is the bike lock I use: http://www.amazon.com/Kryptonite-Krypto ... +bike+lock

station

Postby ramseames » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:22 pm

yeah that looks fine for the $/what you're doing. v brakes at that price point are the norm, you're not gonna get disc brakes worth owning cheap anyway

110% of inexpensive bikes with flatbars come with grips that fucking suck, the best $30 you can spend upon acquiring one is on a pair of decent lockons:

http://www.odigrips.com/ruffianlock-ongrip130mm.aspx

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:39 pm

no one has posted any rampage stuff yet so i'll be that guy

goddamn andreu is a hard motherfucker. 2nd big huck is 76ft lip to tranny:

tom van steenbergen tried to fucking front the canyon gap. probably would have won it all if he'd stomped it. so glad he was able to walk out of that

brendog had a neat line

highlights:

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Care