[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bikes

Bikes

Off topic

Re: I like to wear spandex and put things between my legs

Postby silvaeri » Sat May 24, 2014 8:10 pm

seconding the s works recommendation. otherwise i'm still a fan of the lazer and why swap from a good thing?

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby nothobo » Sat May 24, 2014 11:09 pm

The prevail looks ugly, i'd go with kask or stick with lazer

nothobo

Postby nevergreen » Wed May 28, 2014 2:39 pm

riding to the gym, working your legs, then riding back uphill to your house is about what you'd expect it to be: terrible

nevergreen

Postby YoungCanoeist » Sat May 31, 2014 10:05 pm

fuck yessssss

finally completed my bike after 4 weeks without it. i missed it so much. rode it 17 miles just now. so much fun.

YoungCanoeist

Postby nothobo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:24 pm

Bought this frame off ebay, currently trying to decide on whether I want to strip the paint off and have a raw aluminium look or to put stickers ontop of the lagrange logo.

Still have yet to decide on components too, I really like the feel of sram hoods, but the ultegra 6800 groupset is $800.

nothobo

Postby rjbman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:16 pm

There's this biking service in Chicago called Divvy, basically lets you grab a bike from any station as long as you return it to another within 30 minutes... can get an annual pass dirt cheap so I'm planning on doing that.

Anything I should know in advance for someone whose bike rides have only consisted of subdivision sidewalks?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bikesarecool » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:50 pm

bikesarecool

Postby nothobo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 pm

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/97758269[/vimeo]
I wish bike races were like that around here

here are some funny/cool vids too

nothobo

Postby silvaeri » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Question for you friends,

What would you say the most "noob" friendly handlebar style is? I'm rebuilding my fixed/ss beater to be a more friendly setup because all of my friends without bikes end up riding it whenever we go out or we want to ride and they don't have a bike. I was thinking drops with hoods or risers with cross levers, currently I have it set up with bullhorns and cross levers because my bullhorns were the only bars I had that would fit the random assortment of cross levers I had laying around.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby odradek » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:49 pm

moustache bars

odradek

Postby Bryan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:50 am

Help please ty ty: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bik/4514249528.html

Is that bike any good? I want a bike just to ride around town mainly and sometimes get hit by cars in the city. I think it looks pretty good for that but hey what do I know.

wya
Bryan

Postby ramseames » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:40 am

Pretty shitty condition, probably gonna end up spending a fair amount replacing things before its worth riding and even then it'll be kinda crap/heavy. Try and find something newer

ramseames

Postby odradek » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:01 pm

I wouldn't take that bike for free. That geometry, damn.

odradek

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:52 am

Thinking about getting a bike for getting around campus when I go to college, is it worth investing into a nice bike or should I just get a beater and see how long it lasts me?

JewTurk

Postby odradek » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:51 pm

always a dumb look on the face concept

odradek

Postby bouquet » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:21 am

Very general question. So my step dad gave me a Raleigh (photo that isn't mine but is the model I own below) last year that he had in storage and never used. I know it's at least a decent starter road bike (I think) and I have a blast whenever I ride it. Problem is, I know very little about proper form, what gears I should be using when, or even how to hold the handlebars correctly. Does anyone have suggestions for some general recommended reading that I should be doing that might help me out with these things?

bouquet

Postby silvaeri » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:19 pm

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby odradek » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:42 pm

cavendish is OUT. Who's the next green jersey?

odradek

Postby ramseames » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:56 pm

barring a retirement it'll be sagan again, without question

wish this fucker was still around tho

ramseames

Postby bels » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:05 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nothobo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 am

Kittel is dominating the sprints, with Sagan just cruising behind and grabbing the points

nothobo

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Just watched some spandexed men go past my flat very quickly

stappard_

Postby bikesarecool » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:06 am

got hit by a car and my bike's toast. GG no re

bikesarecool

Postby ramseames » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 pm

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/07/ ... les_335348

cool article on alternations team mechs make to the bikes for cobblestone stages

ramseames

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:11 am

That stage was so brutal, my french friends say its already being referred to as the 'rainy tour' even though its going to be super sunny all of next week.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby silvaeri » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Raced in the All-City Championship this past weekend. Was a bandit cross, track crit, and alleycat event from thursday - saturday. Had an absolute blast, and did decently well. Had no illusions of being in the top 25%, but finished in the top half, so was pretty proud of that. Waiting for pictures from the events to surface online.

My body is dead now. Three days of racing and drinking has taken it's toll.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby maj » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:55 am

maj

Postby silvaeri » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:04 pm

- thanks! it was so much fun! I think the banditcross / cyclocross race was the most fun and a total blast, i really want a true cross bike now because the trail/course we road was so much. Alleycat was a bunch of fun too, met a bunch of cool people from out of town (and locals too) and road with them for most of the time. Was fun having the knowledge to help with routing the out of towners haha.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby nothobo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:52 pm

I definitely want to get a cx bike next, the crowds at cx races are great. Almost done my bike build, just waiting on pedals to arrive, it's been really hot here

nothobo

Postby silvaeri » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:02 pm

CX bike is definitely what I'm saving for, trying to keep myself from dipping into that fund to buy new track wheels and other goodies.

What are you building up right now ?

professional idiot.
silvaeri

PreviousNext

Return to Care