[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bikes

Bikes

Off topic

Re: Bikes

Postby 106-2 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:25 am

finally feel like i've got something worth posting on this thread

on the left we've got my peugeot tour 10, picked up for cheap a couple years back from a mad guy wearing suspenders and a vest who kept me waiting 2 hours to sort the bike, then asked me to stop talking to him when my opening line of conversation was 'so how long have you been doing this then?' - ended up having a great conversation abt old age/how fucked up care homes/elder care is over here (he was polish) so i appreciate him cutting through the small-talk

on the right is a new addition, 1991 claud butler pagan which the seller used for a month in '91 (to try a win a bet w his mate on who could lose the most weight in a month - he lost) and has been kept in his garage ever since. absolutely mint condition and i'm totally smitten w it. the front rack is a wald which i originally bought for the peugeot, not realising how fucking huge it was - going to kit the pagan out to be a sort of gravel tourer, so has actually worked out quite well.

relatedly, definitely going to be switching out the bars on the claud - any recommendations (aesthetic or functional)? leaning towards a 'north road'-type bar and keep worrying it'll look stupid haha

106-2

Postby surfdude69 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:06 am

Went from a battered old Peugeot road bike where pretty much every component was threaded and seized to building up this :sweg:

surfdude69

Postby maj » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:39 pm

before

after

maj

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:36 am

BIGBEE

Postby maj » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:11 pm

actually this bike was bought soley through funds earned condensing my other bikes and existing parts :^)

maj

Postby maj » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:03 am

maj

Postby bels » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:02 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:27 am

no cop is such outdated ideology, the world is a fuck, communism is dead and the plague is on

stop cucking urself people

maj

Postby zevolution » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Okay, so, you can be fixated on bikes, and fixated on fashion, but I did not expect myself to be so fixated on on-bike fashion. I really want to pursue the hobby of bike riding into the winter because riding makes me feel like life is worth living. I'm struck by how many different types of LS jerseys and jackets that Rapha has, mostly b/c I don't know how to distinguish between any of them. I'm looking for recommendations from all you bikers for a long-sleeve jersey or jacket that can be super versatile for a NYC fall and winter. Maybe I want to put it over a base layer. Or a base layer and a mid layer. Or under a vest. Or under a hard shell. My second ask is that you send me recommendations for cycling apparel brands, b/c I have this sneaking suspicion that Rapha is a bit pricy compared to almost everything except Pas Normal.

zevolution

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:00 pm

https://topodesigns.com/products/field- ... 7706203189

My favorite jacket to bike in. 38 F here and I'm biking in that, wool sweater, jeans and work gloves. I think most important thing for winter gloves and the sweater. Maybe beer too

BIGBEE

Postby odradek » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:46 am

A Gore softshell and a baselayer is all I need up top until it gets to like, 20F.

odradek

Postby zevolution » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:56 pm

I bought a rapha core softshell jack :*

zevolution

Postby rjbman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:00 pm

NBD!

been building this out for the last 2 months or so and it's finally finished!

specs:
* Specialized Allez Sprint Disc (Sagan edition)
* Roval CL40s
* Ultegra Di2 everything

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby maj » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:15 pm

thank you for telling me this is the sagan edition and not a non sagan edition black bike, this will make it stand out in my mind

maj

Postby bleeker » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:58 pm

Is road cycling becoming more hype involved nowadays? I have the impression that stuff like star edition frames and other ways of creating more mystique around a product have increased. Seems to me like lots of BMX/skate kids grew up and picked up drop-bar bike riding (I am one of them...) and transferred certain cultural/commercial aspects to that sport.
I've only been road riding/graveling for about two years, so that impression may well be skewered by my lack of perspective and all that, but things like that Palace/Rapha EF Giro deck-out really stand out.
Then again, pro cycling's been a commercial monstrosity for decades and maybe just mutated to fit this era of camp.

bleeker

Previous

Return to Care