[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bikes

Bikes

Off topic

Re: I like to wear spandex and put things between my legs

Postby ramseames » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:44 pm

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story ... d=11097703

So many people I know ride on that road every week.

Stay safe everyone

ramseames

Postby CleanThug » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:03 pm

I want a bike to ride to work and for distance stuff like exercise and whatnot

Friend from work has tons of bikes, so I asked him if he was looking to sell any

He sent me these pics of a 7 gear:

He says he'll throw in a new chain as well. Apparently he bought it for $170 and would sell it to me for $80.

I know nothing about bikes, how does this sound guys?

CleanThug

Postby ramseames » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:13 pm

If it rides ok and the shifting is functioning and such that's a good price.

If it needs several hundred $s of parts/labour to make it work id pass

It sounds like your friend has no intention of ripping you off though so I would be inclined to assume it's ok

Edit: would bet good money you'll want new brake pads, maybe tires too. Just buy whatever is cheap at your local shop.

ramseames

Postby Dobwin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Dobwin

Postby brlmski » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 pm

if the chain fails a chain tool test you definitely want to replace the entire drivetrain and rear cogs (if you replace the chain)

brlmski

Postby silvaeri » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:23 am

AIGHT BOIZ. WHO'S BEEN OUT THERE PUTTING THINGS BTWN UR LEGZ. I KNOW I'VE BEEN. LET'S SEE PICS AND SHARE STORIES.

INCOMING PIC DUMP.

Went to Seattle and rode bikes w/ a bunch of messenger punx. MPLS WE OUT HURR.

Destroyed my hub

Raced bikes on a beach

Fit my CAAD in a smart car

Raced a 24 hour bike race (AND WON)

Got extremely sunburnt at said bike race

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby nothobo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Did some credit-card touring around the islands here with friends.

Also did a bunch of racing, but here's a video with commentary where I didn't go fast enough

nothobo

Postby eli7 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:04 pm

my daily commute just got longer (~12 miles each way) and i arrive completely drenched in sweat and have to change all my clothes before class. i can't wait for the weather to cool down a bit.

Also, I was just gifted this seat

its rad and a massive improvement from my old one that never broke in and always felt like a thong

eli7

Postby anotherdayhere » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:10 pm

my current bike, road a windsor for a year and a half before I realized i put too much wear and tear on a frame and components of that quality to not just go in and get something nicer. got my frame for cheap and built it up, velocity wheels, sram 300 cranks, tried to go a step up from entry level fixed/single speed components and have been putting some serious miles on it for city riding. 20 miles a day pretty regularly and haven't even had a creak yet, tightened up my bb and i'm still cruisin (smiling)

riding ss because fixed is pretty impractical in the second hilliest city in the country ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ( i kno im a wuss)

anotherdayhere

Postby silvaeri » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Last edited by silvaeri on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby silvaeri » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Separate post because it deserves it. Got 1 pair of the new wheels for my caad. These won't see much use until next road season, but I had throw them on because they're sexyyyy.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby anotherdayhere » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:45 pm

anotherdayhere

Postby silvaeri » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:07 am

Cross is here!

New Easton EA90 SL wheels and Race-Face narrow wide chainring.

This thing rips.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Re: Bikes

Postby bels » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:20 am

One of these came up on ebay for a penny so I moved. What colour mudguards though. Black or Silver.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:05 pm

It is xactly that bike. I'm hoping that the belt drive turns out to be "sick as fuck" and not "a massive pain that makes me hate myself.

Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus Homme cycling jersey. 900 dollars on bay.

Flintstone????

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:10 am

woah, i thrifted a cdg cycling jersey a while back. had no idea it was worth anything lmao

mc-lunar

Postby bels » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:10 am

New whip. Feel kind of regretful about how extravagant it turned out. Was meant to just be a run around but here we are and now I'm broke. Any good ideas on pannier bags?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:48 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:41 am

[quote[maj » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:10 am
Comment:
these are all fucking vile, sort it out[/quote]

Here's some for you maj:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby WussWayne » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:48 am

Scenes from my new 25 min commute to the traino

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby bels » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:23 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby WussWayne » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:29 am

It now takes me 5min to put in a bike tube.

The struggle was real

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby ptozzi » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:06 pm

paging and all others who are experienced with bikes.

posted in here a while ago inquiring about cheap bikes (I'm broke). Obviously if I want a cheap bike that isn't a piece of trash, I'm gonna need to buy used/vintage. Better yet, I'd prefer something that needs a little work. It'll give me something to do for the next 2 weeks before I go back to school.

I found this guy up on craigslist.

Vintage 1974 Schwinn Collegiate for $60. Needs tires. Gonna try to talk the seller down to ~$40. I know Schwinn's nowadays are junk, but I'm hoping they made better stuff in the 70's.

Seeing as I'm only gonna be using this to get to class and friends' places at school (all less than a mile away), is this a good idea? When all's said and done can I walk away with a decent bike for under $120?

ptozzi

Postby mu_ » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the milk of human kindness
mu_

Postby bels » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:43 am

The chain guard on that bike is fucking sick.

Chain guards are A+ div0 cops for fashion plates.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:29 am

dusty

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:30 am

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:58 pm

ramseames

Postby MythicSquirrel » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:49 pm

finally bought my own bike earlier this week after riding my dads old Kona for a few years. It's a 2012 Specialized Tricross the shop still had sitting around so I got a pretty good discount on it,

MythicSquirrel

Postby silvaeri » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:27 am

1x12 sram mtb casette is ridic

professional idiot.
silvaeri

PreviousNext

Return to Care