[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Family

Family

Off topic

Family

Postby hmwut » Sat May 17, 2014 3:08 am

time to meet the ct extended flaxsisters.

talk about your family. share stories, pics, whatever.

Last edited by hmwut on Sat May 17, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmwut

Re: full house

Postby sidewalk » Sat May 17, 2014 3:14 am

plio

Last edited by sidewalk on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewalk

Postby RycePooding » Sat May 17, 2014 3:15 am

youngest brother is quite disabled due to brain cancer treatment when he was five. slowly working his way through undergrad. could not be more proud of a human being, he is hands down my hero. love the kid.

RycePooding

Postby smiles » Sat May 17, 2014 3:26 am

The flaxsisters

My brother will come visit me in June, pretty happy about that

Sorry to hear about your grandfather sidewalk :/

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Re: full house (family thread)

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sat May 17, 2014 4:28 am

I've got two brothers, parents are divorced. My mum lives in France where we grew up and my dad has now moved to south London.

I don't really spend much time with the family because when I came to uni everyone was still based in France and we couldn't really afford to fly me backwards and forwards very often. I got used to that so now even though I can afford to go see my mum and my dad only lives 40 odd minutes away I don't think about it.

My youngest brother lives in London and my middle brother in France, but is traveling a lot at the moment so I've not seen either in a while. I don't think I've been in the same room as both of them at the same time in a few months now.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby CPV1 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:58 am

My dad was/is a YBA and my mum works at Vogue. They're both very cool. My dad dresses pretty well, but not like he used to. When he was at art school he used to do stuff like buy green, corduroy suits and chop the sleeves and below the knees off to go with his dyed purple hair. But I suppose that's normal there. Now he's just sorta got a casual, sloppy, tailored look, always with trainers, going on.

My mum is the best dressed person I know. She wears pretty much all Margaret Howell every day of the year. She's really into classic, made in England stuff and doesn't think much of most of my designer clothes. That said, she likes all my Undercover pieces that have Can references on them as they're her favourite band ever. Went with her to see Damo Suzuki live in Brixton a couple of months ago.

My brother thrifts everything and thinks I'm insane for spending the money I do. He's got a good look though. My sister doesn't really care, I don't think, but gets some pretty nice pieces when my mum accidentally buys stuff that's too small for herself.

CPV1

Postby iffe » Sat May 17, 2014 10:50 am

My parents. My family is pretty awesome. Dad's an engineer and my mom is a chemist. I have a sister too. I like to hang out with my parents often, once or twice a week usually. Our relationship is great now that I don't live at home, so we never have to fight about stupid shit like dishes etc.

Actually I'm going to start playing golf with my parents this summer. Gonna be fun.

iffe

Postby vgtbls » Sat May 17, 2014 11:08 am

vgtbls

Postby RomanEmpire » Sat May 17, 2014 11:48 am

My parents came here from mexico (not in the most legal of ways either) and didn't know any english. My mom still knows very little, while my dad learned it pretty well from being around english speakers at work. My dad works really hard, has two jobs and does his best to provide for us. I love them both so much, they're really nice people.

I have two sisters and a brother. I don't talk very much with my sister which really sucks because we used to be pretty close when we were younger. I want to try getting closer again instead of being so distant, but part of the reason I distanced myself from her was because she became really bratty, but that's gone away now for the most part.

My brother is overweight and he's only 9 years old. I really want to help him lose weight because I'm really worried about his health and I'm worried he'll be bullied once he goes to middle school. He has a lot of friends as of right now, but middle/high school could be pretty brutal for him if he doesn't lose any weight. I also want to spend more time with him since I don't talk to him as much as I would like to either.

My youngest sister is only 3 years old. I love her to death even though she's starting to get an attitude and learned how to say "no". It sucks that if I go to a college out of state I won't even be around for her first day of school, I won't be able to watch her grow up, and I hate that. Which is one of the reasons I want to go to UT Austin, since it's really close by, and a good school for my degree.

RomanEmpire

Postby jrisk » Sat May 17, 2014 12:14 pm

I have 10 siblings and I'm no. 5 so it's always been a pretty full house for me.

My parents are extremely hard-working. My dad has a pretty well-paying job but with such a big family he's had to take on a second job. Work for him has always been a stressful endeavor and is kind of worrisome. My mom stays at home and has homeschooled all of us from K to 12th grade. They did it for religious reasons. I get that it's abnormal but I lack perspective. I don't regret it and I'm not envious of people that went to public school. The local schools are all terrible. During highschool I (and the rest of my siblings) were enrolled with a private school through the mail so I got a decent and well covered education. While I don't have negative connotations with homeschooling, I doubt I'd homeschool my future kids, nor will I have as many.

I could probably write pages and pages about my family but I really don't know where to start haha.

jrisk

Postby sknss » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 am

Care tags family members I've met:
' brother
's mum
's parents, sister and brother-in-law

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:18 pm

My parents were alcoholics before I was born. Sober for 20+ years now. Momma worried about me too much to push me to do better in school as a child. That fucked me up now, but it's ok. For the first half of my life I rarely saw my dad because he worked till 10pm every day but I thank him for it because he provided for us. He is the hardest working person I know and has provided me with ample opportunities to follow in his footsteps but my mental problems ruin it every time.

My mother is addicted to pain meds because she has a fucked up back and multiple surgeries later she is still in incredible pain.

I have 3 brothers, I love my youngest dearly. My second oldest brother is a good guy and I met my best friend of almost 10 years because of him. My eldest brother is scum. He and his wife hate my mother despite all she has done for them. He tried to fight me last week because he was yelling at and disrespecting my mother so I stepped in and he got physical. He put his hand around my mothers throat and I wish I would have hurt him badly then.

Everyone loves me too much.

JonjoShelvey

Return to Care