[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Max Power

Max Power

Off topic

Max Power

Postby maj » Sat May 17, 2014 5:53 pm

talk about cars you own and cars you want to own

shout out to who drives the new gtr can anyone rival that, i also want pics.

maj

Re: Max Power

Postby maj » Sat May 17, 2014 5:56 pm

currently booked lessons to learn how to drive after years of peers pressuring me and finally caving into my childish desire to have a a obnoxiously styled car from playing need for speed and reading my brothers copies of max power (great style flintstone btw).

looking at starter cars mk3 golfs, saxos and all the trad boy racers are out the window as they want bare p on the insurance but i also don't want to get some ka piece of shite. currently eyeing up the skoda fabia as it seems pretty cool if you remove the badge and is cheap on the insurance (tax is a little high) wondering what other young drivers drive? old mg's looks sick but not looked up the insurance yet.

maj

Postby exprof » Sat May 17, 2014 6:50 pm

I've been driving for 4+ years now and I really love it. My dads Jeep Wrangler is a lot of fun to drive, especially when you go off road.

Also I really want to take lessons to learn how to properly drive stick, every time I borrow my dads car I end up stalling it (lol...)

exprof

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat May 17, 2014 7:47 pm

requesting thread title change to "more than you can afford pal...ferrari"

anyway, some nice cars i fancy:

*if you don't want a crazy image dump don't click this

also best paintjob for any car is british racing green+yellow.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby ramseames » Sat May 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Just got my full class 5 last week finally, really satisfying.

Don't drive anything too exciting, just my parents veedub tiguan. Great car though, same engine as the gti + 4 wheel drive +vw/audi group interiors are ridick.

Get to drive an f250 at work over all kinds of terrain, every day is like a fuckin ford commercial. Limited to 60kph on haul roads but that's more than enough to have a good time and get the back end out in the mud and shit.

Would love to learn standard but i don't know anyone with one so it'll have to wait till i get my own first car. Thinking about early year rx8s, lots of them on clist for ~$8k which isn't too bad. But that won't happen till after i finish school anyway.

ramseames

Postby rjbman » Sat May 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Is it common for people not to have a driver's license/car? In my town it's pretty much standard turning-16 rite of passage to get a license and car to go with (be it junker or otherwise).

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby exprof » Sat May 17, 2014 8:48 pm

It's common to not have a driver's license in cities/europe where there's good transit options and parking is scarce. Almost all my suburban friends drive but none of my city friends do. :-)

exprof

Postby ramseames » Sat May 17, 2014 8:48 pm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ess-today/

cars are expensive in a relative sense and you really don't need one in an increasing number of cities anyway.

ramseames

Postby sick boy » Sat May 17, 2014 8:55 pm

When I took driving lessons the dude kept falling asleep while I was driving.

sick boy

Postby jrisk » Sat May 17, 2014 8:58 pm

I'd totally rather live and work in a city with great public transit rather than own a car.

jrisk

Postby maj » Sun May 18, 2014 3:33 am

public transport is great until you have to leave the main areas, get a bus which takes an hour then walk another 20 minutes only to do the same journey in reverse and find out you've just missed the bus and it only comes once an hour adding more time. using both is the best way unless you never leave your city, like ever.

maj

Postby deadkitty » Sun May 18, 2014 3:51 am

I own a 1998 volvo v40. It's the lamest car but I seriously love it. enough boot space to sleep in to avoid drunk driving which is pretty ace (I always keep a pillow in the car for this very reason). features include: cassette player, electric windows and side mirrors, fold down seats and heaps of little compartments.

Unfortunately some asshole was speeding and slammed into me as I was pulling out the other day and my car's pretty beat up :sad:

deadkitty

Postby bels » Sun May 18, 2014 6:02 am

I hate my car and I hate driving. My advice to everyone is to get a job in finance so you can live in your nation's capital and catch public transport every day.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Sun May 18, 2014 6:12 am

I've had a license for 7 years now but never owned a car. In fact I only drive about once every 6 months, I'm probably pretty dangerous. I'm happy I live somewhere where I don't need/couldn't keep a car, walking/buses/the tube get me anywhere quickly anyway

stappard_

Postby Syeknom » Sun May 18, 2014 6:19 am

My learner's permit expired so many years ago

Syeknom

Re: Europe vs The Automobile

Postby Rosenrot » Sun May 18, 2014 7:09 am

I've never had a driver's license, nor taken a single driving lesson. And I never have the need for either in all the cities I've lived in.

Edit: to remain on topic I'd like to own a Tesla one day having seen them zipping around Oslo

Rosenrot

Postby sknss » Sun May 18, 2014 7:12 am

Learning to drive has been the most stressful thing i've ever done. I'm really proud to own that little card now. It's an awesome feeling to be able to drive people around (smiling)

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bueno » Sun May 18, 2014 7:48 am

getting lessons at the moment but because my lessons are in the UK and i won't be there over the summer, so i'll have a long break which could set me back...

I just want to get it out of the way.

bueno

Postby zayg » Tue May 20, 2014 6:27 pm

my old GTI from high school, i miss this thing

currently drive a really boring b6 a4 thats stage 2 with some other mods but i loathe it

also owned a mk4 jetta, a miata, and a saab 9-5 aero

really wanting a new car. so upset that aircooled 911s are appreciating because i wanted to get a 3.2 or SC when i was around 25, although it looks like i may be able to afford a much newer one. i just like old shit.

also tempted to purchase an e46 m3 in a few years if i don't go the 911 route. the goal is to live somewhere that i don't need a car whatsoever so i can own an unreliable german POS.

zayg

Postby charybdis » Tue May 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Learned to drive really late for a suburban kid, although I've just always been pretty ambivalent about driving since I was That Kid who always got rides from people.

Currently still not driving much because my dad crashed my ancient Nissan while I was at school.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby ramseames » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:47 pm

anyone use car2go? got offered free registration/15 min free driving so I signed up

edit: got this by signing up and doing everything but actually sending them my driving info/authorizing them to bill me. so do that and they'll probs email you a few days later with free shit

Last edited by ramseames on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramseames

Postby brlmski » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:52 pm

I've been thinking about signing up for a carsharing program myself but idk how useful it would be with the garage being over a mile away from my apartment.

brlmski

Postby oldtrailmix » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:36 am

drive a good old 05 chevy malibu. driving around town isn't satisfying anymore, just tedium especially with construction the way it is.

however living in the upper peninsula usually means some good old fashion two-lane blacktop action when driving anywhere north. the great game of passing without smashing into an oncoming car is always fun, and the scenery is great too.

oldtrailmix

Postby eyealt » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Goddamn, I think this one of, if not the most glorious road(s) I've ever seen. I can't even imagine driving a 458 Spider or GT3 RS down these at dusk and sunrise.

eyealt

Postby hot coffee » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Can my 1969 Honda Trail CT90 belong here?

Picked it up off Craigslist recently, gave it a new rectifier+battery+all new wires.

Ft. 2001 Toyota Tacoma

hot coffee

Postby bels » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:26 am

Saw one of these on the road last night. Damnnnn.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby deadkitty » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:37 pm

am I going to die living in los angeles without a car? is owning a car in america really worth 25% of my income?

deadkitty

Postby Syeknom » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Work offered me a car today (unlimited paid mileage too) but I can't drive

Syeknom

Postby wiggly--woo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:15 pm

spotted this parked just round the corner from my house today

i'd be a lot less anti-driving if novelty cars were compulsory

wiggly--woo

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:29 pm

FINALLY got my license. so weird feeling to just be able to go wherever I want, whenever I want (living in a city w practically no public transit).

harmsalmon

Next

Return to Care