[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Deadkitty's 30 Hour Meals [food thread]

Postby deadkitty » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:06 am

steamed pork belly and steamed kimchi and steamed tofu

very green stir fry

pork and noodles (thanks pei)

waffles

beef sandwich

vegan french toast and chips and guacamole

seolleongtang

katsu curry

deadkitty

Postby deadkitty » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:40 pm

deadkitty

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:51 am

It was my moms birthday today so i cooked dinner.

Prosciutto wrapped chicken breast stuffed with pesto and mozzarella.

Before baking

Plated

Asparagus deets

Full setup

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Cooked Ethiopian food recently after reading a book set in Ethiopia. I wasn't sure we were up for making the injera from scratch for the first go-round (though may want to try in the future; you kind of need a special griddle) and thankfully procured some fresh already-made injera from a mkt.

It was a great experience on the whole. Cooking ethnic food seems like it's entirely about getting the correct core flavors/spices, not approximating them. Armed with 'real' injera and berbere (a mix of spices https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berbere), fresh nitir qibe (a spiced, dubiously spelled Ethiopian butter), and the advice of some Ethiopian immigrants, we ended up with a pretttty good meal that I wouldn't have been displeased to order in a restaurant. Something surreal about eating this type of food at home.

Made a doro wot (chicken stew) and misir wot (lentil stew, basically the same thing)

yoyobeat

Postby wiggly--woo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:18 am

this was pretty tasty:

pork belly, thyme, savoy cabbage, sultanas, apple, calvados jus and potato gratin on the side (no vis)

wiggly--woo

Postby sknss » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:47 am

come dine with me

fusilli with tomato sauce and smoked tofu

indian burger

chips

tajine

choco cake

steamed bun with raw potato, carrot and mushroom

seitan, tofu, chinese leaves

chipotle

salad combo from black cat cafe

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Ques » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:49 pm

europe ets

mcroons so good i went bck twice

then lunch t the wsbr in ntwerp

brie sndwich with nut i forget the nme of OH wlnut

dinner with mgicmn t le bistro du peintre in pris

bone mrrow

escrgot

dinner with cre-friends in london LSO @ THE BLCK CT CFE!!

sld nd spnish pncke

Ques

Postby Dobwin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:12 pm

I need to get a new set of pots and pans. I've been looking at all-clad, but can't decide if it's worth the money.

Dobwin

Postby odradek » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:33 am

odradek

Postby ptozzi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 pm

ptozzi

Postby deadkitty » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:12 pm

you can also cop pans, etc from wholesale restaurant supply stores. reg stainless steel pans are way cheap and there's a million sizes and shapes to choose from so you can get exactly which ones you want

http://chefstoys.com/cookware-stainless ... 12_93.html

that being said I want those tramontina pans

deadkitty

Postby thecanadiancook » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Still taking photos of the food I cook with a potato cellphone ben.

Ginger soy stir-fry and coconut rice with pickled cucumbers and roasted cashews.

Grilled flatbreads. One with artichoke Parmesan spread with arugula. The other with hummus, feta, and balsamic reduction.

Compressed watermelon salad, pickled watermelon rinds, feta, mint, radishes with a sherry, olive oil, jalapeno vinaigrette.

Fresh fettucini noodles, Parmesan cream sauce, asparagus, artichokes, cracked black pepper, confit comoatoes, arugula.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby sknss » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:13 am

What is compressed watermelon

sknss

Postby thecanadiancook » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:29 am

thecanadiancook

Postby ramseames » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:10 am

$5 worth of mini donuts vs $5 jelly donut

Breakfast burger

ramseames

Postby g2x222 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:03 am

do you know what would've made that burger better?

g2x222

Postby Cowboy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:27 am

We have this burger place down here that is so incredibly strange that it actually does honeybun burgers

I highly suggest this read for the reasons that A. I've never seen someone this passionate about burgers and B. It describes the place pretty well with pics and such

https://bruceburgers.wordpress.com/2013 ... ypress-tx/

In fact that picture is potentially a promo from our place but I'm not so sure

Cowboy

Postby eli7 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:00 pm

here's an ace thing i make all the time and eat days on end for lunch. its like tabouli but made with farro and can easily be adapted to be vegan too!

2.5 cups cooked and cooled pearled farro
3-4 Persian cucumbers, small cubes
3/4 of a pint of grape tomatoes, halved
hunk of feta, cubed (Bulgarian sheeps milk is great)
big ol handful of parsley and mint, small chopped
heaping handful of purslane/sunflower greens or some other succulent greens

vinaigrette
2 squeezed lemons
Bunch of Olive oil
Zest of a lemon
Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Spoon of honey
Salt, pepper, sumac, cumin

Mix everything together with the dressing and then add sunflower greens and toss for optimal goodness.

here's a terrible photo

eli7

Postby sknss » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Hey , i wanted to make this recipe but i didn't have any pearl farro so i used a piece of bread, i didn't have any persian cucumbers so i ignored them, i had grape tomatoes tho. I don't think bulgarian sheep milk feta is necessary so i left it out. I didn't have parsley nor mint so i used basil.
Here's what i got

sknss

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Visual recipe guide for some Asian flavored/Asian inspired beef& shrimp meatball soup. Seemed to go over relatively well with /r/ketorecipes and it tastes really nice :woop:

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby sknss » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:02 am

pasta alla genovese (with pesto, potatoes and green beans)

lemon and olive tagine

and now, the summer of tofu

fried polenta, fried salt and pepper tofu (fantastic), roasted tom and broc

scrambled tofu with spinach and lemon (delicious)

berlin tofu burgers:

(not great)

(alright)

AMAZ!! tastiest thing i've eaten this summer. made with artisanal smoked tofu made in berlin.

sknss

Postby asianfuntime » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:34 pm

from the last time I was in NYC

sorry for eating the food before taking a pic

asianfuntime

Postby straysheep » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Bought a hunk of pork shoulder earlier and decided to do a chinese version of carnitas late last night. Turned out pretty well actually, honestly can't remember exactly what/how much I put in, but it was some combination of five spice, star anise, korean (?) chilis, ginger, garlic, etc. The usual suspects + the leftover liquid from the last time I made chashu.

I just threw it on a slab of rice with the bottom crisped up on a pan. Didn't wanna fry both sides cause I liked the crunchy-soft-crunchy textures with the rice and pork but it didn't have enough structural integrity to be finger food :( Tasted pretty good though. Anyone got any other ideas? Still have plenty of it left to experiment with lol

straysheep

Re: food

Postby can- » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:06 pm

the best food in the world is either chinese or spanish

can-

Re: Belly rubs [food thread]

Postby alby » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:10 pm

deep fried advocado and black bean tacos on corn tortilla

toppings included onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and pickled jalapenos/soranos

very satisfying to make your own food

also drinking my home brewed all grain + honey beer
:sweg:

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby vgtbls » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:54 am

That reminds me of the sad anime dinners

vgtbls

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:48 am

crappy pics of (not every course of) the kaisen tasting menu at Miku

ramseames

Postby thecanadiancook » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:04 am

Slightly less blurry photos of what I have been up to in the kitchen.

Red velvet cake baked Alaska
Reese's pieces ice cream
Mexican squash stew and corn muffins
Thai green curry with jasmine rice, roasted pineapple, and toasted cashews
Finally I made and bottled Pumpkin Juice based off the Harry Potter franchise. Ya cause I am a nerd like that. It actually is a delicious fall beverage.

thecanadiancook

Postby sknss » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:25 pm

started watching bakeoff and then our landlord gave us like 10kg of pears so this happened

classic pear tart in the background and a pear frangipane tart with foraged raspberries ()

pear tart tatin ()

peach plum pear tart and chocolate frangipane

ginger pear tart adapted from

it was a good week

sknss

Postby shar pei » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:20 pm

some stuff i ate recently

$25 sashimi platter (phone order on wednesdays only) @ joong boo market chicago

"sumo" ramen @ ramen-san chicago

some grilled fish on lentil at terzo piano @ the art institute of chicago

homemade curry rice! (shabu cut beef and smoked berkshire pork sausage with mozz on the side)

homemade katsu sandwich! (with curry and grilled corn and pickled shredded cabbage on the side)

CHEERS
P
shar pei

PreviousNext

Return to Care