[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Without MSG I Am Nothing

Postby odradek » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:25 pm

amazing plating:

odradek

Postby bels » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:06 pm

I went to a turkish place today and I ordered falafel, with salad, in pitta. The guy put some chilli sauce on it but when I asked for hummus on it too he looked at me like I was nuts. I said "What? no hummus?" and he shook his head and said. "It no good. It no go with."

I prefer to eat stuff how the place recommends rather than inserting my own mad customisations so I rescinded the hummus but now I can't help but wonder what it would have been like with hummus.

What's the deal. Are you not meant to eat falafel with hummus? I thought everyone did that?

Also what's the deal with these stupid falafel places that jam loads of stuff in the stupid pitta so you have to eat it with a fork? Why can't there be a mamoun's in cambridge?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:37 pm

My time to shine.

Falafel isn't usually eaten with hummus, though it is usually eaten with a tahini sauce (which is made of seseame seeds and is mixed with chickpeas to make hummus.

Hummus is actually the name for chickpeas in arabic, in the literal sense. The Hummus you guys eat we usually call 'Hummus b' tahina'

The reason you don't eat it with hummus is because in a lot of cases the falafel is made of hummus. Different countries have their own take on what goes into falafel; 100% chickpea, 50/50 chickpea and other beans, with varying amounts of spices like coriander, cumin, etc. I've always been told Palestinian is the nicest.

But in general a falafel should have: Falafel balls, some chopped salad, tahini, lemon juice, pickles (v. important) and either parsley or coriander.

I don't know what maoz, falafel bros., mamoun's deal is with falafel. They treat it like a bread salad bowl.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Falafel from food carts in tiny Israeli towns might be the best food I've ever eaten. Miss it. Also miss this for breakfast every morning:

RycePooding

Postby bels » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:09 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:15 pm

McDonalds as a company is simply incredible to behold, and their chefs are actually really open about development and flavours. I remember a round of marketing not long ago had these types of interviews and they dispelled the myth that they their burger sauce is a secret by sharing the recipe.

I used to LOVE the taste of McDonalds before I stopped eating basically anything they make.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:13 pm

can-

Postby sid3000 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:08 am

sid3000

Postby charybdis » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:02 am

I couldn't get a good picture of it, but I ate a crepe with nutella and strawberries and bananas.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby kewks » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:33 am

lechon!!! so good. have you tried crispy pata or lechon kawali? SO GOOD BUT SO BAD

look at this waffle!

there are perogies somewhere hidden under all those toppings

kewks

Postby can- » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 pm

can-

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:49 pm

yeah without a machine that flattens the butter into the dough i think it's basically impossible to make your own puff pastry

i love this dude

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby can- » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:57 pm

sknss I was actually trying to move the conversation away from croissants towards sangria

can-

Postby can- » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:58 pm

1. just playing this is the croissant thread.

2. last night I was in my parents kitchen looking for something to add to my sandwich of salami and bread. I found a package of goat Brie but when I opened it a bunch of rubber bands fell out.

3. my father made a pumpkin pie before I woke up this morning

can-

Re: The Croissantarium

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 pm

how did the rubber bands taste?

i bought some sweet potatoes but i have no idea what to do with them
bobbin please help

sknss

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:12 pm

My fav. thing to do with them is put polenta on them and bake them like chips. They go super crispy.

They're really easy to cook though. Unlike most vegetables they do really well in the microwave so you can just microwave it if you like and it'll come out lovely and fluffy inside. Or you can boil it and mash it with some olive oil/butter and salt and pepper (+ any spices like cumin) for a nice mash.

Or just treat them like a potato and use anywhere.

For the record, sweet potato is my least fav. vegetable (but I still like it, because all I eat is plants).

FORKS OVER KNIVES

Last edited by Bobbin.Threadbare on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Eating the fruit when your glass of sangria is finished is prime.

Sweet potato fries are good.

Thanksgiving is coming up.

RycePooding

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Rice w/ sweet potato and ginger

Thank you based bobbin

edit: i will try it with soy sauce next time!

Last edited by sknss on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sknss

Postby can- » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Bobbin Please Bake My Yam

can-

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 pm

germinal it was delicious, i'm sorry the only vegetable you eat is cheddar

sknss

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Best banana bread. I make this every so often and mum likes me to make it for her so she can slice it up for the freezer and pop slices in the toaster. Super healthy, extremely delish.

Recipe here (though I added cinnamon, pears, dates and apple and removed sugar:

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sunblam » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:06 pm

re: sangria—I once entered a cupcake competition with a sangria cake (orange rum spice cake, blackberry merlot compote, merlot buttercream frosting, candied orange zest topping) and I would highly recommend making it if you enjoy your alcohol in the form of cakes.

(Although I'm sure you all live off of vodka straight because you are very hardcore.)

(Also talk to schiaparelli on sweet potatoes because they are her favorite. She will recommend you a 3-squash soup.)

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby adhi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 pm

adhi

Postby can- » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:54 pm

can-

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Roasted two lambs yesterday.

RycePooding

Postby midvh » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:06 pm

oh god I thought those white things were maggots

midvh

Postby Syeknom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:58 am

Second we get in the door with our luggage but another of our neighbours turns up fresh off the train from Berlin and our other neighbours invite us all in to have homemade croissants and pain au chocolate with the kids. V nice indeed. I taught them how to yo-yo.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:38 pm

I ate one of these

flavors are all on but it's super rich and you probably wouldn't need to eat more than one in your life

can-

Postby bels » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:24 am

I had some boutique elderflower gelatto and it sucked.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:08 pm

really hyped on the simple and unpretentious presentation of Italian food atm.

can-

PreviousNext

Return to Care