[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Belly rubs [food thread]

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:18 pm

https://monocle.com/magazine/issues/98/mixing-it-up/

someone with a monocle subscription want to paste the text of this article here for us please and thank you

ramseames

Postby sknss » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:51 pm

got a new phone with a good camera so prepare to be stunned!

, , and (so good!)

with peas and carrots with cumin seeds

dal and braised kale with crispy shallots

pasta with kale and beans with tahini sauce

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ramseames » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:55 am

ramseames

Postby mahi-mahi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:17 pm

yo what are your thoughts on Momofuku and it's variants? I keep wanting to go on NYC for a Food and Clothes tour but college apps are my deal right now; I know you're v knowledgeable of the NYC food scene, so what's really really good? Thanks- sorry to bother you!

mahi-mahi

Postby can- » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:26 pm

there are a bunch of different momo restaurants in nyc, my favorite is ssam bar but none of them disappoint. i also recommend estela, wildair, and tertulia which are all downtown.

can-

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:47 pm

wya
Bryan

Postby eli7 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:34 pm

(vegan) pear and almond tart with cardamom

eli7

Postby jrisk » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:27 pm

ricotta gnocchi with homemade sauce. this is so easy and good.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015 ... ecipe.html

jrisk

Postby ramseames » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 pm

ramseames

Postby can- » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:25 am

what is the actual point of this article? what is he actually complaining about?

can-

Postby adiabatic » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:42 am

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby can- » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 am

doesn't the fact that there are restaurants in portland ME & OR and austin and charlestown worth traveling to from NYC or SF mean that they are not actually just aping big city technique and trend?

it's a stupid and mean article. if you like restaurants it is worth celebrating every time a small city gets a restaurant by people who give a shit.

can-

Postby adiabatic » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 pm

The article struck me as neither stupid nor mean. He's seeing the similarities, of which there are many; you're seeing the differences, of which there are many.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby freddy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Wendy's 4 for $4

Junior Bacon Cheeseburger
Regular 4-piece nuggets
Chilli
Medium Coke

Didn't get the fries bc wendys fries suck...had a convo about this with the cashier and he agreed that bk is better

(smiling) childhood munchies

freddy

Postby can- » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:44 pm

x- post to HA HA! thread

can-

Postby rjbman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:51 pm

xpost humblebrags but stopped by Alinea in Chicago, incredible experience

This was one of my fav dishes:

Me with dessert:

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby can- » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:43 pm

it's atsushi tanaka from restaurant AT in paris. it's hinoki, blueberries and chocolate. this is how we plated it when he did a guest chef dinner with us-

can-

Postby can- » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:58 pm

manresa, 'into the garden' smiling XD

comes w a cocktail straw so you can rail it

can-

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Braised Leek Gratin

Stingray Sam

Postby rjbman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:26 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramseames » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:58 am

ramseames

Postby maj » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:36 am

rich people r fukn weird

maj

Postby Bonobonobo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:32 am

Boeuf bourguignon with mashed potatoes. I used white miso and fish sauce to season the broth, besides a little salt. I couldn't actually taste the distinct flavors in the final product, but it came out really delicious and I think better than when I just followed the Julia Child recipe as close as possible.

Bonobonobo

Postby adiabatic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:36 am

Sous-vide chuck roast, cooked for about 30 hours. Generally, sous-vide chuck-roast recipes range from 24–48 hours because it takes a long time to break down collagen. Since this was my first time, I decided to play it safe and not get too close to medium-rare temperatures and opted for a medium temperature, 135°F.

Chuck roast was not the play. I could have cooked much more, faster, in the crock pot, and it'd be even more melt-in-your-mouth. Crock pots (slow cookers) are much, much faster at breaking down collagen. On the other hand, chuck roast was what I had defrosted, so that's what I went with.

Seasoning was simple but new: uninteresting salt combined with . Very yum.

After I pulled the bag of meat chunks out of the bath, I threw them onto a hot pan with bacon fat for some Maillard fun.

adiabatic

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 am

Vegan ramen!

The toppings are roasted sweet potato, shiitake, and maitake, shiitake simmered in soy sauce and mirin, and roasted eggplant with sesame. I pretty much tried to follow exactly, the broth was delicious. Not as heavy and creamy as a tonkotsu broth but still had a satisfying body with a fresh flavor.

If I made this again I would:

Probably do a different oil than the shiitake and green onion infused oil. Maybe it's because I didn't use dry shiitake but I don't really see the point of adding an infused oil that uses the same ingredients as the stock and tare. Chilli oil, maybe?

Buy better noodles. I thought it was a waste to buy expensive Sun Noodles and not use the seasoning packets, but the noodles I got instead were pretty disappointing after spending like 3.5 hours making the other components.

Not make the eggplant topping. It tasted good on its own but imo the texture just isn't nice when it's submerged in soup. The shiitake simmered in the tare had too much of the soy sauce flavor as well. Instead of them maybe corn, enoki, or bamboo shoots or something.

Oh yeah also I accidentally boiled the kombu which gave the soup a very slight bitter undertone, would be more careful next time.

Bonobonobo

Postby freddy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:36 pm

Vietnamese porkchop and meatloaf w fried egg. The small cup-container is fish sauce that you pour over everything.

Mother bitch asses gave me the smallest porkchop ever. Du ma

freddy

Postby sknss » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:44 am

some recent eats

tempeh with spring greens

(i love this recipe), red lentil dahl

a little snack with fermented oats, sunflower seeds, and an apple

miso tofu and roasted cashews on a bed of steamed nappa cabbage

creamy polenta with sautéed chard, sundried tomatoes and smoked tofu (that combo was great)

the perfect pizza

(so good)

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby freddy » Mon May 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Thinking about starting a care-tags Asian food snack and 8) proxy service...any interests?

The post office is literally down the street from the various chinatown grocers.

Edit: would be interested in da European food snacks 4 trade (smiling)

freddy

Postby xinijia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 pm

My friend brought me something from Japan! (smiling)
Packaging:

It's a tiramisu snack!

mmm

Has a coffee filling in the center!

my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby Ques » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:41 am

been teaching myself to cook 'chinese' food

1. from top clockwise: tiger salad, egg and tomato dish, clay pot cold chicken, salt fried pork with garlic stems
2. hongshao eggplant
3. my take on twice cooked pork
4. vinegar and sesame cucumber salad
5. chicken with fish sauce, mint, and onion
6. asparagus with black bean and laoganma
7. garlicky broccoli
8. yours truly making dumplings from scratch

click for big pics; i've forgotten how to upload correctly in my old age

also made 'the three undergrounds once' (those in the know know) but i forgot to take a pic jiong

Ques

PreviousNext

Return to Care