[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Belly rubs [food thread]

Postby freddy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:07 am

Day 2

Day 18

Last edited by freddy on Tue May 03, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freddy

Postby australia » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:06 am

Made a lovely pesto pasta dish tonight.

Essentially:

Pasta - whatever shape/type (500g)
Pesto sauce - homemade or a good brand
Sun-dried tomatoes
Vegetables to roast - I did broccolini, green beans, red onion and garlic
Carrots w/ butter, honey and dukkah
Parmesan reggiano

1. Chuck the vegetables in oven at 200C for 15-20 minutes, with olive oil, salt and pepper drizzled over. Turn after 10 minutes.
2. Boil water and cook pasta accordingly.
3. As pasta cooks, steam the carrots.
4. Add butter to pan and then add carrots. Brown slightly and add honey drizzled on top with dukkah. Cook till honey is browned.
5. Keeping 1 cup of pasta water, strain pasta and straight back into pot. Add sun-dried tomatoes and the pesto. Add pasta water to your desired consistency. Mix around.
6. Serve pasta with a lot of parmesan on top and with vegetables on the side (oven vegetables + carrots).

Serves 4. Took me about 40 minutes all up.

No photos sadly. Use your imagination, it's pesto pasta + vegies...

australia

Postby australia » Mon May 02, 2016 6:19 am

Favourite vegetables to roast? Best combinations? Delicious seasonings?

I've been having simple meals of a combination of carrots (thinly sliced), broccolini, broccoli, asparagus, potatoes, green beans and red onion chucked on a pan w/ olive oil, salt and pepper. Looking to step up my game now. Throw some ideas at me.

australia

Postby Hi5Ghost » Mon May 02, 2016 8:21 am

Hi5Ghost

Postby sknss » Mon May 02, 2016 2:01 pm

This is kind of a strange question. You can roast everything.

In the winter you can roast some onions, garlic, a few carrots and a squash. Then fry up some ginger and chillies. Blend it all together, add coconut milk to tame the heat if you feel like it, a bit of coriander on top. Boom you've got yourself a tasty soup.
For side dishes I like roasted broccoli with soy sauce, garlic and ginger. You can also roast it with garam masala, turmeric, cumin powder, whatever. Cauliflower works the same.
All root veg like to be roasted: parsnips, turnips, carrots etc. You can even bake celeriac like a baked potato for like 2 hours. You'll see foam coming out of the top. Not the prettiest vegetable but it's delicious.
Cabbage is also good roasted. I like to cut it in thick slices and to sprinkle za'atar over it.
Of course potatoes are king in the oven. British roast potatoes are amazing.

In the summer tomatoes/courgettes/aubergines are all good. Asparagus too.

I think I just made a list of all the vegetables that exist

Last edited by sknss on Mon May 02, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sweet potato
sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby thecanadiancook » Wed May 04, 2016 12:28 am

roast vegetable ramen

miso risotto

sweet potato and peanut curry with long grain rice

coconut 'ice cream' in peanut butter and mint chocolate chip

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby jrisk » Wed May 04, 2016 9:43 am

did you make the ice cream yourself? looks crazy good.

jrisk

Postby thecanadiancook » Wed May 04, 2016 10:46 am

thecanadiancook

Postby australia » Sat May 07, 2016 8:19 am

australia

Postby thecanadiancook » Sat May 07, 2016 11:54 am

thecanadiancook

Postby thecanadiancook » Fri May 27, 2016 10:13 pm

I was enjoying the nice weather so I made vietnamese noodle salad and summer rolls.
Both vegan friendly

thecanadiancook

Postby iralanwitnuk » Tue May 31, 2016 3:52 pm

We christened our new thalis with a wonderful meal!

Clockwise from rice:
Shredded and baked cabbage, bhindi sabzi (okra), toor dal, tomato and onion salad, rumali roti, and yogurt

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby bels » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:49 am

why your rotis square betta?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby iralanwitnuk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:19 am

it's folded up! Trust me, it's a normal roti...

iralanwitnuk

Postby freddy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Not the hala guys in NYC but it'll do - it's chicken and rice combo from the chickenandriceguys in bos

freddy

Postby sknss » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:04 pm

it's summer!

falafel leftovers with polenta and salad
how do falafel ppl make such a good red cabbage salad??

polenta with red lentil stew

pizza with too much stuff on top (when your greediness compromises the pizza's integrity)

vegan BLT :sweg:
salad with rocket, courgette, roasted peanuts and sunflower seeds + lemon juice

(don't mind my leg)

sknss

Postby eli7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:42 am

, I know the Israeli version of purple cabbage salad that's served with falafel etc., I think it's the same thing. Super simple but the key is to cut the cabbage very thin and let it marinade for a few hours so it softens. Here's how we've always done it:

cabbage
juice of 1-2 lemons
white vinegar (not a ton, should just be slightly pickled)
a little sugar
garlic powder
salt and pepper
oil (probably a bit more than youd think, cabbage should be sort of shiny,)
chopped parsley, if inclined

whisk the dressing together and toss fully with cabbage and marinate in a closed container

eli7

Postby australia » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:08 am

Currently making the AllRecipe's 'world's best lasagna' - will update with end results.

Very interested in SeriousEats Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna, has anyone made it?

australia

Postby nick » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 pm

care-tags, what's your favorite stew/curry to make? Having a perpetually stocked rice cooker around has lead to my every dinner being some stew from the fridge on rice. Microwaves incredibly well, and always always comforting. (Something about eating solely with a spoon...)

My favorite used to be bo kho (Vietnamese beef stew), but not living near a Vietnamese supermarket makes the lemongrass and delicious fresh herbs hard to find. I've made tons of straight out the box Japanese curry, also spicy Korean chicken stew, but I'm looking to expand! The market within walking distance sells lots of ingredients used in Hispanic cuisine, which I admittedly know nothing about - would love to utilize some of those peppers (smiling) If anyone has some pointers...

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby iralanwitnuk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:27 pm

"Whole Twister's burrito" from Twister's in Albuquerque. It was two burritos covered in green Chile sauce and curly fries, and ordering it was one of the worst culinary decisions I made. I was able to eat both burritos and half of the fries, but they were saturated with the green chile sauce; by the time I was done with the burritos, it was impossible for me to finish the rest of the fries.

iralanwitnuk

Postby australia » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:11 am

Sydney:

Ramen -

Chicken/Seafood Laksa:

Grilled pumpkin, chickpeas and tomato w/ hommus and zaatar toast (bottom) and baked eggs w/ eggplant, feta and zaatar toast (top):

australia

Postby eli7 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:39 pm

black sesame pancakes for breakfast

eli7

Postby ramseames » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:56 pm

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:09 pm

ramseames

Postby freddy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:26 am

Bean sprouts and sirloin chunks over rice. The sauce is amazing. Drink is pure watermelon water

freddy

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:37 pm

I hate reading articles about "omg look how expensive this ridiculous item at some restaurant in new york/vegas/macau is" where inevitably they've just fucking covered the thing in gold leaf or done something else similarly thoughtless to make it cost more so people will talk about it on the internet

like cool this burger is $777 wow no way

except that includes the price of a bottle of dom at vegas resto markup

"we're doing the most expensive french fries in the world. we buy them from mcdonalds and serve them in a faberge egg we cut the top off of to make into a bowl. pls give us free press"

ramseames

Postby sknss » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:28 am

Moved into a new flat so I've had the chance to eat some delicious things again

Proper chilli by Anna Jones
http://www.copymethat.com/r/LY1pSlD/proper-chilli/

Black pepper tofu with roasted miso aubergine
http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/recipes/bla ... ofu-a-shop

Winter couscous
http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/ultimate-wi ... scous-shop

sknss

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:16 am

sknss i didnt watch the video cmonnn, i just needed an example

its the existence of these dishes in the first place that's lame

thanks for the link to the ottolenghi site though, didn't know he posted recipes

parents ate at Nopi when they were last in london and said it was mad good

anyway here's several thousand words i didn't write about fine dining that you should read;

http://luckypeach.com/history-of-fine-d ... dsbestever

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:17 pm

ramseames

Postby sknss » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Madhur Jaffrey's Flavours of India - An amazing documentary series about Indian cuisine (and more!)

and madhur has great style too

sknss

PreviousNext

Return to Care