[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Prawnzee's Saturday Kitchen [food thread]

Postby can- » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:40 pm

can-

Postby stappard_ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:31 am

courgette and red onion carbonara nice

stappard_

Postby can- » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:46 pm

can-

Postby sknss » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:34 am

ate well recently

spaghetti with cashew and rocket pesto, so good so creamy

QUICHE made with tofu, leek, baby spinach and sundried tomatoes

veg tagine

artichoke and flageolet tagine with olives and preserved lemons

japanese curry

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby stappard_ » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:54 am

roasted vegetable white lasagne

not a looker but tasty and summery

stappard_

Postby Ques » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:34 pm

according to bon appetit this is one of the country's top 5 new restaurants of 2014, huh. adorable swedish luncheonette called Maurice

black pepper cheesecake + celery sorbet with hints of rhubarb

best dessert i've ever had

thanks to for the indirect recommendation

Ques

Postby nothobo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Dumpling life

nothobo

Postby thecanadiancook » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:19 am

Capstone project is over, now I can get back to taking pictures of real food. We brewed about 18 L of soda for our presentation (Banana, Nectarine, and Pineapple).
Bonus: A small company is potentially interested in developing our product for the local market.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby straysheep » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Gyukotsu ramen experiment! Can't get pork bones out where I live, so decided to see what would happen if I used beef.

Broth after about 20 hours of boiling.

Didn't really know exactly what kind/ratio of bones would work best, but I think it was like 6lbs beef marrow bones, 4lbs of chicken and 1.5lbs of oxtail. In hindsight I would have probably upped the oxtail and cut some chicken, could have used a bit more gelatin. Threw in some leeks, onion, ginger and garlic too later in the process, didn't really measure though.

Shoyu tare (niboshi, katsuobushi, kombu, sake, mirin, soy sauce)

Braised pork belly chashu

Chilled and sliced (featuring egg marinated in the braising liquid)

Toppings! (Clockwise from top left) Ajitsuke tamago, nori, green onion, kikurage, moyashi. Kikurage and moyashi were stir fried a little in some soy sauce and sesame oil.

Money shot! Unfortunately I only got a picture of the last bowl (mine) so there's only chashu shavings lol.

All in all though, probably won't do beef again. It's really rich and creamy, and cutting it with chicken bones (which I added later after realizing exactly -how- rich it was) makes it just not quite ideal for ramen. There might be some better formulation of bones/aromatics, but don't think I really care to keep experimenting. Pork is still king.

straysheep

Postby ptozzi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:47 pm

I'm gonna try this next time I BBQ because lobster is too expensive.

ptozzi

Postby germinal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:22 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby sknss » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:21 am

coquillettes with garlic/chili/nutritional yeast roasted broccoli

BEST potato salad ever seriously

breaded lentil patties with rice and sriracha

sknss

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Banh mi and vietnamese coffee

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby RycePooding » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Took my first attempt at smoking yesterday! Did a single rack of ribs to start. Turned out really well, actually. Used the 3-2-1 method.

Started by rubbing with Willie's Wonderful Rub:

Then I put it on the smoker at ~225F for 3 hours. Here it is after this initial smoke. Technically cooked at this point but I have other plans:

I then wrapped the rack in tin foil with ~tsp of bacon fat, and rubbed down with jalapeno jelly. Put in oven at 240 for 2 hours. Here they are right after that, as I put them on the grill for a final hour to finish them:

Finally after 6 (not so) grueling hours here they are!

Really happy with them. Would like to try basting them for the last hour next time. My smoker (brinkmann) is imperfect, but I'm gonna try a chicken and a pork butt this weekend and tweak a few things. Anyone else smoke? Would love to discuss!

Much love,

Tucker

RycePooding

Postby RycePooding » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:09 am

Had things been exactly as I wanted them would have done the full 6 in the smoker but my set up is imperfect, thus ended up doing them this way. Bark ended up good though, imho. Meat was very tender but not fall-off-the-bone. Will hopefully have a few things fixed for the weekend smoke. Using a cheapo Brinkmann for the moment.

RycePooding

Postby sknss » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:37 am

Can you smoke plants?
(To eat them)

sknss

Postby thecanadiancook » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Made some eggs Benedict. Homemade Hollandaise is so worth the frustration of your sauce almost breaking. Traditional cayenne and chives got replaces with smoked paprika and green onions.

thecanadiancook

Postby zayg » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Cassoulet with lamb, pork, beef, white beans, onions, two poached eggs, a dash of sour cream, basil, and pesto bread. Easily one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten.

zayg

Postby stappard_ » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:10 pm

the polite guest to a luau brings his own pipikaula (hawaiian beef jerky)

stappard_

Postby Ques » Wed May 06, 2015 11:50 pm

treated my self to some thai

(srry for insta)

also some sushi from a FOODCART ?!?!!??

Ques

Postby meatjacket » Thu May 07, 2015 1:59 am

guys i need help, I want to cook some big dinner for my mom because she's cool and its Mother's Day this Sunday (reminder)

what should i do! I would like to do something interesting besides the usual "steak, veggies, potatoes"

things to consider
- allergic to eggs
- allergic to milk/cheese/creme/dairy
- healthy preferably

ideas
- salmon, grilled veggies (maybe even fruit), rice, toasted rye + sauce
- beef wellington, green beans, mash potato
- french onion soup

meatjacket

Postby prawnzee » Fri May 08, 2015 5:52 pm

want it or not, I'm back!!!!!!

wings and beer and stuff!

pancakes and blueberries and stuff!

bacon and eggs and stuff!

worst chinese in town

whoa my lasagne looks pretty disgusting with melt cheese on top

better on plate, even better in mouth

baguette with chevre and honey

some pot pasta in progress

ski center hamburger (my drummer friend is also a chef, might've made this idk I was drunk)

lettuja!

not sure, but it was probably good

delicious pie

chicken korma

my pizza

her pizza

lasagnette

oven tortillas (these were heavenly)

bread

soup

good bye my dearest friend, last day in finland

hangover

best pasta sauce you can ever have, honest

mystery meat macaroni casserole, click for spoiler (veganarchism guys stay away alright)

prawnzee

Postby sknss » Sun May 10, 2015 4:41 am

Tough act to follow...

I made a smoked tofu and olive cake, the veg version of the ( a picnic classic). smoked tofu was amaz, smells just like ham.

fried polenta with beans in tomato sauce. polenta is so underrated! it's really cheap, super tasty and can be cooked many ways

~~the breton burrito~~ refried beans and rice in a galette topped with coriander and lime

also I made soy cottage cheese by bringing soy milk to a boil and then adding apple cider vinegar, wait for it to curdle and then drain it. it was surprisingly easy and tasty.

sknss

Postby meatjacket » Sun May 10, 2015 8:12 pm

mother's day dinner

salmon
veggies
grilled (sort of) mangoes

meatjacket

Postby cormac » Wed May 20, 2015 3:41 pm

I enjoy omelettes

omelet w/ goat cheese, olives, and basil; toast with salted and peppered avocado/lemon juice spread

cormac

Postby thecanadiancook » Wed May 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Pasta dinner with stewed tomatoes and onions, chorizo, artichokes, and shaved pecorino.

thecanadiancook

Postby germinal » Sat May 23, 2015 10:12 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bhajz » Sun May 31, 2015 5:33 pm

some souther inspired(?) banh mi

bhajz

Re: Deadkitty's 30 Hour Meals [food thread]

Postby germinal » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:49 pm