[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Prawnzee's Saturday Kitchen [food thread]

Postby prawnzee » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:11 pm

brown minced meat sauce. so much nostalgia, tasted just like the real thing that all the finnish grans (used to) make

breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee

dinner: kassler steaks and some root vegetables in the oven

prawnzee

Postby exprof » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:13 pm

The first one looks like cat puke

exprof

Postby eskdc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Beer, Bacon, Burrito, Breakfast

EDIT: Bell Peppers

EDIT 2: Battlestar Galactica

eskdc

Postby raags » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:19 am

ran a taco stand at a warehouse party we threw. great success

chipotle black bean, tomatillo salsa, arbol/roasted tomato salsa, corn tortillas, chipotle mayonnaise - all homemade! yay

raags
Best Dressed

Postby prawnzee » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:00 am

pizza

rullakebab

prawnzee

Postby moussele » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Al pastor

moussele

Postby paf » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Made my first attempt at making naturally leavened bread yesterday

paf

Postby nothobo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:26 am

nothobo

Postby eskdc » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Homemade Orange Chicken and stir fry

eskdc

Postby prawnzee » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:23 pm

cheesesteak

prawnzee

Postby cormac » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Eggsperiment

cormac

Postby yourdad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:47 pm

this ice cream is melting all over the best damn apple pie i've ever had

edit:: , aphrodite's organic cafe & pie shop on west 4th and dunbar

yourdad

Postby Ques » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:49 pm

beef caprese

Ques

Postby yourdad » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:15 pm

fries two meals in a row

yourdad

Postby eskdc » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:51 pm

More lifted from the IG, not as impressive from a cooking standpoint, but no less yummy:

Homemade banh mi (purchased bread...I know I know, not as baller). And yes that's cheese.

Homemade korean style street tacos

eskdc

Postby can- » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:55 pm

can-

Postby deadkitty » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 pm

steak frite ft. caesar salad and triple cooked chips

deadkitty

Postby eskdc » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:15 am

Made cookies. Naturally the first thing I did with them was make an ice cream sandwich

eskdc

Postby noodles » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:57 am

trying to use up some leftovers.

noodles, egg, char siu, and bean curd

noodles

Postby straysheep » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:53 am

Spent the long weekend in Sapporo with a friend and basically went on a 24 hour miso ramen binge after looking up some of the famous shops. Even though I went at weird hours there was always a line out the door at every place.

First stop in the evening after I got off the plane was Sumire, one of the original shops that made Sapporo's miso ramen so famous. Easily the best miso ramen and broth I've ever had, perfect balance of oil and other flavors (especially the ginger). My only regret is not ordering extra chashu to go on top.

Took a small break the next morning and went to the fish market for breakfast.

Back to ramen for lunch at Ichi Ryu An. Took forever to find since it was in the cellar of some unmarked office building and only had 8 seats. Overall it was a really well put together bowl with some really nice high quality ingredients. Felt like a slightly modern take on traditional greasy street ramen. Cool atmosphere too, played a mix of Beatles songs while we ate.

Dinner was at Junren, Sumire's sister shop, and pretty much the only place that was open at 9pm when we finally felt hungry enough to eat again. Still had to wait almost half an hour to be seated though. I also made the huge mistake of accidentally ordering the large bowl from the ticket machine that takes your order. You can't really tell in the picture, but I'm pretty sure the bowl was a ridiculous 10" in diameter. It was also the oiliest and heaviest soup of the three. Definitely the worst possible choice to accidentally get a large bowl in. Delicious, but after finishing the entire bowl it was all I could do to get back to the hotel and food coma until my morning flight back to Tokyo.

Basically swore off ramen for at least a week right after that experience.

straysheep

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 pm

lot of images for you guys

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Made this up on the spot for lunch with my girlfriend the other day and then made it again for my parents the next day.

Don't quite know how to describe it besides a "cheesy three mushroom cream sauce with tomato over noodles, with a garnish of cooked salami and parmesan." Sauce included the usual Italian herbs and spices like garlic, chives, parsley, oregano, paprika, chili powder, thyme, basil, bay leaf, etc.

Blastoise

Postby anonomous » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:11 pm

ARE YOU GUYS READY TO FEEL HUNGRY??!?!

First off, we'll start with appetisers!

Gyoza

Chasiu Sushi of some sort!

Skewers of delicious meat (Beef, Pork, Chicken and their innards)

Not sure what fish this is (cause i can't read kanji) but I'm assuming 3 types of fatty Tuna? because two of them melts in my mouth.

Then comes our main course...

We'll start with KOBE BEEF. It literally melts in your mouth.

Then some curry rice..

Then some Ramen loaded with Chasiu

Omu-rice + beef patty!

Curry rice again but with cheese this time! (There was more cheese than meets the eye)

Now.. That's just food in Japan.. How about South East Asian food!?

Char Kway Teow (Stir-fried Flat noodles or rice cake strips as per wikipedia)

Nasi Lalapan. In the centre is a bowl of spicy sambal (Sauce made from chilli peppers and shrimp paste etc etc), fried chicken thigh on the bottom, tempeh (fried soybeans) on the left and an assortment of fresh crunchy vegetables. You eat all this with rice of course.

This is my all time favourite. Hainanese Chicken Rice. There is a crazy process involved in cooking what looks like boiled chicken, because the meat comes out soft, tender and juicy. The rice is also special because they use chicken stock to cook it in. The cooked chicken is then chopped up, served on a plate and a sauce mixture of sesame oil and soy sauce is poured over the top.

Andddd that's a wrap! I hope this post makes you hungry and inspires you to eat something or order something similar to what I've posted.

anonomous

Postby chadnik » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:34 am

goat summer pasta: 15-minute marinara. many fat glugs of olive oil, a little too much garlic, fresh tomatoes, salt, a fistful of basil

chadnik

Postby turbulencex90 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:17 pm

First time making Singapore style chilli crab, been experimenting with cooking seafood.

turbulencex90

Postby Blastoise » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:59 pm

Hard salami and bourbon smoked ham on a toasted pretzel roll. Mozzarella, parmesan, olive oil, dijon mustard, mayo, basil, oregano, red pepper, black pepper, sea salt, and garlic.

I've had this sandwich like 50 times this summer but I think I've perfected it.

Blastoise

Postby breakadawn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Avocado and Basil Spaghetti

breakadawn

Postby prawnzee » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:45 pm

cottage cheese and tuna served in the cottage cheese tub

prawnzee

Postby prawnzee » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:27 pm

hehe
it is meat pasty with ketchup, sriracha and a fried egg :sweg:

edit: AND MAD STACKS

prawnzee

Postby deadkitty » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:27 am

went to a restaurant called masu and did the degustation for my birthday dinner with my grandparents. didnt get any pics aside from the DESSERT PLATTER

deadkitty

PreviousNext

Return to Care