[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Prawnzee's Saturday Kitchen [food thread]

Postby can- » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:18 pm

I don't get it

can-

Postby stappard_ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:17 pm

broccoli pasta

stappard_

Postby sknss » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:37 am

green and red tomatoes on toast with veganaise
honestly veganaise is amaz, very easy to do (add vinaigrette to any kind of cooked legumes: chick peas, lentils, split peas etc) and can be kept for longer than egg mayo

lentils, mashed potatoes with olive oil + fennel seeds, worms (mung bean sprouts with shallots, highly recommend)

thai harlequin squash soup

coconut vegetable curry

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby eli7 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:42 am

yo , here are some vegan middle eastern stuff if you're ever looking for new recipes...

mejadra (rice and lentils)

israeli eggplant salad- usually made with chummus, pita, beets, etc.

eli7

Postby ramseames » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:52 am

Ate at Farmer's Apprentice tonight.

I'm not sure if this is the best meal I've had in this city, although it was certainly up there. Easily the most interesting though.

Go on a sunday for the fixed menu, try a few cocktails. don't expect to be crazy full afterwards (not that you should care)

shitty pics:

(missing the parsnips and the red beet, lamb shoulder was taken mid consumption)

ramseames

Postby eli7 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:14 pm

here are some recipes

for mejadra:

250 g green or brown lentils
4 onions
a couple of spoons of flour
a cup of sunflower oil (or any frying oil is fine)
200 g basmati or long grain rice
some olive oil
350 ml water
spices: cumin, coriander, all spice, cinnamon, turmeric, black and cayenne pepper, and a little sugar (i usually just use a hawaj and shawarma mix and cayenne which incorporates most of this)

cook lentil mostly through but still have some bite. drain, leave alone. slice onions thin and sprinkle with flour and salt, mix until covered. fry in hot oil in batches until golden and let them drain in a lined colander, set aside. wipe out pan and add rice, olive oil, and spices--coat the rice. add lentils and water to rice, bring to boil, cover and let it simmer until the waters gone. let it sit for a good 10 minutes with lid off and a tea towel covering it. add half of fried onions to rice and put the rest on top.

for eggplant salad:
eggplant (dorf)
oil for frying
lemon juice
salt, pepper
sliced scallion, garlic, red pepper, green stuff (parsley or cilantro)

slice up eggplant, lay flat on a tea towel and sprinkle generously with salt. let it sit until moisture collects then take a towel and press it down. repeat with other side of slices. heat up shallow oil on medium/slight high, fry eggplant on each side until brown. let it sit on paper to drain excess oil. layer eggplant with veg, pepper, and fresh lemon in layers. it will make its own dressing if you chuck it in the fridge for a bit before serving. pickle some beets in the meantime. tabouli is also a good companion.

eli7

Postby smiles » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:30 pm

mexican style picked vegggies. They'll get even better with age. Going to make some pickled salad turnips today. let the pickling begin!

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby can- » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 pm

enter into my pig

can-

Postby maj » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Stuffed mushroom burger, herb wedges and a spinach salad. Even found a ketchup made with white wine vinegar instead of a malt base. Was bangin'.

maj

Re: Without MSG I Am Nothing

Postby can- » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:41 pm

can-

Postby slappa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:28 am

2nd attempt at the french apple tarte fine. It's basically just apples, shortcrust pastry/puff pastry and a bit of sugar, cinnamon and lemon.

slappa

Postby reedeeah » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Pulled pork banh mi taco courtesy of ' kitchen.

reedeeah

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:21 am

stuffed courgettes leftovers, potato salad

sandwich with hummus and raisins, carrots, lettuce
if anyone has recommendations for veg sandwiches i'm all ears

pak choi, tofu, onions with soy sauce and chili over rice

butternut squash with spinach, almonds, chili and garlic

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby maj » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:26 am

brunch of espresso and a mince pie

dinner last week of stuffed pepper with potato and bean bake

maj

Postby nothobo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:21 pm

grilled cheese and tomato soup

nothobo

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:36 pm

i tried baking focaccia and it looks more like pizza

also i dont think i have patience for risen doughs

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby stappard_ » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:42 pm

last night, hawksmoor: ribeye, macaroni cheese, fries, field mushrooms, sprouting broccoli, spinach, bone marrow, stilton hollandaise

today: grilled cheese with chopped cornichons and pickled onions

feeling pretty heavy right now :woop:

stappard_

Postby straysheep » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Been cooking pretty often lately

Okonomiyaki

Katsudon

straysheep

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 pm

sick day matzoh ball soup

harmsalmon

Postby donut_milk » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Beef, Chicharron, Shrimp tacos and a queso fresco quesadilla.

donut_milk

Postby eli7 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:28 pm

drunkover breakfast

eli7

Postby straysheep » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:04 pm

1 cup flour : 2/3 cups dashi : 1.5-2 eggs ratio for the batter. Shred a bunch of cabbage (coleslaw for turbo lazy mode) and mix it into the dough with some chopped green onions, to the point where the dough is only barely holding the mixture together. Mix in literally anything you like - common ingredients are squid, shrimp, sweet potato/yam, cheese, yakisoba noodles, tofu, mochi, crack an egg on top, etc - and cook it on a flat griddle/pan on low-medium heat. Then top the entire thing with okonomiyaki sauce (a Japanese variant of worcestershire sauce I think), kewpie mayonnaise (this is somewhat important, western mayo tastes a bit different), bonito flakes (katsuobushi) and seaweed (aonori).

straysheep

Postby Suquida » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:10 am

Fruit and I made some not-exactly-traditional food for thanksgiving (okay she did most of the work but I made the mapo tofu)

Suquida

Postby reedeeah » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Made Beer and Bacon Mac and Cheeses w/

reedeeah

Postby Ques » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:15 pm

brunch at brunchbox

Ques

Postby fraxcell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:04 pm

What I've been cooking

Garlic honey pulled chicken w/ veg and rice
Peanut noodles w/ spinach
Moroccan chicken naan wraps
Spaghetti Carbonara

fraxcell

Postby kindofyoung » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:25 pm

It doesn't look like much, but goddamn this is some seriously good hot chocolate.

Recipe:

kindofyoung

Postby fraxcell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:35 pm

Yeah I've made spaghetti with scrambled eggs more times than I care to admit... the method that works best for me is to try and aim for a slightly under-cooked sauce and then put it on a low heat until it gets to where I want it.
To avoid scrambling the eggs, I make sure to allow time for the pan with the bacon in it to cool down a little bit once the bacon is done cooking. Then I add the hot spaghetti into the pan and start mixing in the sauce. Usually the heat of the pasta by itself isn't enough to cook the sauce all the way, so I'll turn the heat on low and keeping mixing everything around with a fork until the sauce just begins to go from watery to creamy.

fraxcell

Postby reedeeah » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:49 am

Oyster topped with horseradish and apple granité @ Pidgin.

reedeeah

Postby kindofyoung » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:48 pm

You actually wrote the right amount of "shots" before "EVERYBODY"

You sir, have my respect

(Assuming you didn't just google it)

kindofyoung

PreviousNext

Return to Care