[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Prawnzee's Saturday Kitchen [food thread]

Postby Ques » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:28 pm

my dad and i tag-teamed some meals over my break:

Ques

Postby nick » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:31 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby sknss » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:53 pm

who do you neknominate

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby nick » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:30 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby ptozzi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Would this be the appropriate thread to request recipes? If not, all well.

I'm looking for some introductory Asian recipes. I've made your basic chicken and broccoli stir fry, and just last night I made some glazed tsukune. Mostly interested in chicken recipes and/or side dishes.

ptozzi

Postby nothobo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:26 pm

nothobo

Postby breakadawn » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:33 pm

breakadawn

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:42 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby nothobo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Chicken adobo

nothobo

Postby g2x222 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:04 pm

breakfast hash w/ poached eggs and mock hollandaise sauce

g2x222

Postby sknss » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:09 pm

lentil bolognese

pilau rice and curry with homemade mango chutney

seitan sandwich cooked with caramelised red onions, served with tomato, lettuce and baby spinach + beetroot and carrot salad on the side

avocado and red onion pickle sandwich, thanks for the help
all pink :razz:

sachertorte with homemade apricot jam filling, masterpiece imo

sknss

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:14 pm

homemade lasagne arguably better for breakfast (16 across, 8 letters)

stappard_

Postby rjbman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:46 pm

Made this the other day. It's slow cooked honey sriracha chicken on a bed of rices smothered in a sweet chili sauce and greek yogurt glaze.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby nevergreen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:56 pm

i tried this hole in the wall southern style bbq joint near my house and it was sooooo good im gonna have to go back

nevergreen

Postby katy katazome » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:53 pm

BOBBIN MADE ME A SUNDAY ROAST AND I ATE ALL OF THE SWEET POTATO AND FOUR STUFFING BALLS AND IT WAS AMAZING

katy katazome

Postby nothobo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:04 pm

32oz Rib

nothobo

Postby sknss » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Nice contrast between the two last posts :lol:

sknss

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Chicken biryani attempt (which, while not really biryani, still tasted great)

yoyobeat

Postby ptozzi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Breakfast, lunch and dinner:

Frittata with pancetta, spinach and mozzarella.

Pesto spinach grilled cheese.

Sauteed chicken with spinach and cherry tomatoes.

ptozzi

Postby bhajz » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:15 pm

I made paella

bhajz

Postby nick » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:48 pm

eat the samyang spicy chicken ramen

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby thecanadiancook » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 pm

I was told this is a cool place to hang out. Im graduating with a Bsc Food Science and Nutrition in two months. So for my course we have to do a product development as a capstone assignment and my group is doing nonalcoholic fermented soda made with a base of tea, fruit, with yeast and lactic acid (whey) starter cultures. I will update on its progression along with pictures and maybe a recipe.

But I guess I will leave pictures of fish sauce that I made a while back. Warning, it looks awful and smelled horrible but damn if that clear golden liquid wasn't delicious.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:49 pm

normally i avoid baking because i suck at it but i had ingredients on hand so i took a stab at making puff pastry

with puff pastry i made an ginger apple strudel which turned out okay

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby zayg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:35 am

I burned some jalapenos the other day which led me to an idea. I'm gonna either really cook or possibly burn another batch of jalapenos in some oil, deglaze the pan, and then cook a grilled cheese in the jalapeno oil. Naturally, you have to pair that with some Amy's chunky tomato bisque which basically is the greatest canned soup money can buy.

zayg

Postby sknss » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:00 pm

i was craving cheesy pizza so i made vegan mozza with silken tofu, soy milk, soy yoghurt, olive oil, lemon and agar agar. tasted quite fresh and lemony.
i was pretty surprised at how good it looked (i swear it looked better than in that picture)
it melted kind of like goat's cheese (with a crust, liquid inside) so that wasn't perfect.
satisfied my craving so that was good enough.

my mum made stuffed cabbage with bulghur, collard greens and tofu with tomato sauce. it was amaz.

and some chili sin carne i made a while ago with some TVP. that stuff is pretty fun to use.
i highly recommend putting lime juice and coriander on rice

sknss

Postby INNIT » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:14 pm

ATE COOKED UP SOME SINIGANG NA MANOK

INGREDIENTS (chicken thighs not pictured):

BOILING CHICKEN AND VEGGIES AND FILIPINO MIX:

FINISHED:

MAHAL KITA CARETAGS

INNIT

Postby sknss » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:29 pm

finally had PIZZA
with grilled aubergine and courgette, rocket on top!!!

sknss

Postby straysheep » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:57 am

Forgot to take a picture until it was half gone, but made Shanghai-style stir fried rice cake for the lunar new year

Last edited by straysheep on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
straysheep

Postby thecanadiancook » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:03 am

Quick photo from snapchat of dinner tonight. Southeast Asian-inspired crispy chicken with sweet chili glaze, sricha mayo, spicy peanut sauce, quick pickle carrots and cucumbers topped with toasted cashews and cilantro.I wish I had some sliced green onions, thai basil, mint to garnish. Also probably could have done with a rice or soft flatbread but it was delicious none the less.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby eli7 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:48 pm

doesn't look like much but this broth I'm making is with leftover homemade Peking duck from Chinese new year celebrations and is going to be really nice for noodle soup and to cook with. I really like making broths.

eli7

PreviousNext

Return to Care