[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Belly rubs [food thread]

Postby trasparenti » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:46 am

Super smug lil snowmen

my favorite lunch, the jumbo tonkatsu meal. Tea is free which is why there is a massive jug on the table

I am super boring and could easily eat burgers all week no prob but sooner or later I'll get around to eating the more authentic foods. I love Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki is also good.

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby WussWayne » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:39 am

Think I might need more chilli in the shakshuka next time

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby ptozzi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:03 pm

Some of my most recent creations

Blackened chicken
Added to some rice I fried up in the juices

Baked ziti

Pan roasted chicken with a mint-parsley rub and zucchini

ptozzi

Postby sknss » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:51 pm

you were waiting for it here comes the christmas food

minestrone!

mushroom risotto with toasted walnuts on top + beetroots!

spinach/smoked tofu/polenta in brick pastry sheet!

jamie oliver's chocolate pots! delicious and worth about 3000 calories each!

black eyed peas with yams and taro!

ok then chistmas was over.

i had rice with roasted sweet potatoes with garlic and ginger and fried plantains.

then pasta with tomato sauce and fried smoked tofu

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ptozzi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:56 pm

slow cooker char siu atop yaki onigiri

the perfect sandwich (BLTurkey)

Japanese BBQ

always room for dessert

ptozzi

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:28 pm

I was in a chicken wing contest. The wings were lightly coated in rice flour before being fried. To finish they were coated with a caramel made of water, sugar, chili paste, and secret ingredient fish sauce before being tossed with fried garlic. They are then served with pickled cucumbers and carrots as well as some cilantro sprigs to garnish.

detail shot

Couple food snapchats

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby sknss » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:59 pm

sknss

Postby can- » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:18 pm

can-

Postby CplCheeky » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:12 pm

I like grilling

CplCheeky

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Adult Cracker Stackers by me

Inspired by:

Roasted veg Ritz cracker
Chipotle chicken breast (single folded slice)
Muentser (quarter of a slice)
Small dollop of light mayo
Healthy dollop of Grey Poupon
Half a cucumber slice
Half a cherry tomato

I'd love suggestions on other ingredients or combinations!

UnwashedMolasses

Postby sknss » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:09 pm

You should try:

Multi grain cracker
Hummus
Carrot slice
Coriander leaf

Speculoos
PB
Banana slice
Dark chocolate square

sknss

Postby sknss » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:18 pm

@UK people, you should all download the OLIO app. On this app, people list food items that they no longer want. Then you can see what's available near you. The other day we got a free broccoli! It's a great way to get free food and to do a good deed at the same time!

http://olioex.com/

sknss

Postby wolflarsen » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:57 pm

What's the word on coconut oil? Can it be used in all the same ways as olive oil?

wolflarsen

Postby adiabatic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:14 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby adhi » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:48 pm

hi how is my thread going guys

adhi

Postby sknss » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:53 am

It's going well, take a seat at the table and we'll bring your first course in a few minutes

sknss

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:16 am

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby ahhh-aww » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:15 pm

ahhh-aww

Postby thecanadiancook » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:54 am

I made dessert pizza

chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and salted ice cream.

thecanadiancook

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:07 pm

pirxthepilot

Postby meatjacket » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29 am

I invited Cowboy over for dinner w my girlfriend and I

dat boi

spinach + goat cheese/ pasta + roasted sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, onions, spinach/ Tomato Basil Soup

Arabic Cappuchino late at night (his first 'real' coffee experience)

meatjacket

Postby ptozzi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:12 pm

What are some good things to do with leftover rotisserie chicken?

Usually do quesadillas or shred it and put it in ramen

ptozzi

Postby sknss » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:08 am

Curry night!
Carrot salad with mustard seeds, brown rice with nuts, lentil daal with fried onions on top, pilau rice, sag aloo, veg curry, roasted cauliflower and chickpeas, onion bhaji

sknss

Postby 106-2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:43 pm

So a lot of this isn't necessarily belly rubs material, but more of a follow-up on three months of being vegetarian

so, on reflection:

- I'm not much a fan of quorn. Although it does make it easier for my non-vegetarian family to cook a family meal that we can all eat together, I find that it's not really worth the added pain of having to over-season to compensate and although I do actually like mushroom, the mushroom-y taste it has is really off-putting ( DO NOT TRY QUORN GAMMON STEAKS. I BOUGHT THESE AS A JOKE BUT HAD TO EAT THEM WHEN WE HAD NOTHING ELSE IN AND :sad: )

- I want to try cooking with tofu, but it's just so far removed from anything I cook with now that it's off-putting. Any good/simple recipes anyone would recommend?

- It's surprised me how quickly I've gotten used to cooking on a near-daily basis. I rarely try anything that new, but I do mostly make something passable

106-2

Postby sknss » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:31 am

Well done!

I like green lentils in the usual potato/veg/meat family meal. They are easy to prepare - just throw a bay leaf and some garlic in the boiling water. They can cook unattended. Other people usually like them too.

Have you ever had tofu before? If not, I recommend to order it in restaurants first. It's very tasty!
It might seem intimidating, but it's really easy to cook with. First you want to buy firm or extra firm tofu, not silken tofu. If you can get it from your local asian market it'll be tastier and cheaper. Its flavour is pretty light on its own so it is a great vessel for other flavours. Tofu is basically a sponge so make sure to press it before maridading it. I just press it with my hands over the sink until most of the water has been expelled. Tofu will absorb any marinade you immerse it in. Cut it in any shape you like then put it in a tupperware with the marinade of your choice. You can use soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic... whatever you have on hand.

After you've let it rest for a little while, pick your cooking method. You can fry it in a pan. Get your pan on medium/high heat with some oil, throw the tofu in there. When it looks golden brown on the downside, flip it over. No need to touch the pieces when they are cooking. If you're afraid that they'll stick to the pan, don't worry. They will release from the pan when they get golden brown. Here's a good recipe: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/dubu-jorim
You can also deepfry it. http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/02/vega ... ecipe.html
You can do a tofu scramble: press it, crumble it, then dump it in a pan with whatever vegetables/seasonings you like. http://www.theppk.com/2009/10/tof-u-and ... revisited/
You can add it to a soup. http://minimalistbaker.com/15-minute-mi ... -and-tofu/
You can bake it too. Coat it in cornstarch and bake it for 30 minutes at 200C/390F. It will be crunchy outside and creamy inside. http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-ba ... tchn-74358

Hope this helps!

sknss

Postby 106-2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:12 pm

this is excellent - thank you!

I've found that lentils have been great for when I've wanted something more substantial, I've no idea why I never really tried them before the new year!

And yeah, I've tried tofu a handful of times in the past, both in home-cooked stuff and in restaurants,and I've liked it, just been surprised by how dissimilar the texture had been in the different dishes. I think I'll go out and pick some up tomorrow actually :^)

106-2

Postby thecanadiancook » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:01 am

Super simple no-knead focaccia
recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015 ... ecipe.html

thecanadiancook

Postby kindofyoung » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Bad pic, but this is easily one of the best things I've ever made considering how easy it is
Kind of delicious chicken burgers:
Step 1. 1-2 mushrooms, slice them up and fry them together with some pepperoni in a bunch of butter, put to the side
Step 2. Really simple but really good marinade that anyone can do: Water, oil, soy, salt, pepper, paprika, chili, oregano, sugar and a little bit of tomato puree.
Step 3. Put chicken breasts in plastic bag together with marinade and let it do it's thing.
Step 4. Fry the chicken up on medium-heat, when appropiate put on some cheese-slices, mushroooms on top of that, another layer of cheese and pepperoni on top of that
Step 5. Turn off heat and put a plate upside down over the pan so the cheese melts all nice and shit.
Step 6. Apply a nice thick layer of cream cheese on the bottom bun (or both, because why not) before putting your chicken-mushroom-cheese-salami creation in there.
Step 7. Enjoy! (you will, I promise)

kindofyoung

Postby australia » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:58 am

australia

Postby eli7 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:36 pm

made a metric ton of blintzes...

eli7

PreviousNext

Return to Care