[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - cartoons (sunday morning/japanese/etc)

cartoons (sunday morning/japanese/etc)

Off topic

Re: cartoons (sunday morning/japanese/etc)

Postby Thomnd » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Space dandy is the worst

Thomnd

Postby odradek » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:37 pm

this is the most useless shit i've seen in a while

odradek

Postby ramseames » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:43 pm

ramseames

Postby Thomnd » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:07 am

Season 2 starts saturday! :D

Thomnd

Postby Blastoise » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:25 pm

My friend and I decided to watch Gundamn Build Fighters and it's pretty great. He has a few Gundam models and I got pretty nostalgic about the Gundam models/action figures that I used to have. The new ones are so cool.

Blastoise

Postby zayg » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Never really watched anime when I was younger except for Initial D and Death Note. I will have a special place in my heart forever for Death Note and I've seen it multiple times in both English and Japanese.

Discovered that it was on netflix yesterday, and since my girlfriend and I both finished House of Cards the other day I decided to put it on. After a few episodes, we went to do something. When we came back I was working on some paperwork and she put Death Note right back on again. So proud :woop:

zayg

Postby swatfishy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:14 am

Who's watching current season stuff?! lots of hype this season

akame ga kill - fast paced first ep, i like how it got dark pretty fast. apparently its wayy darker in the future

aldnoah zero - premise is a bit unoriginal but i watched the ending scene of the first ep like 20 times because it was so damn epic (music especially)

tokyo esp - no idea what happened, apparently they started in the middle of the manga (flash forward) the premise is like xmen

tokyo ghoul - ugh so much censoring, interesting chars and cool fight scenes (when we can see them), i'm excited to see where it goes.

zankyou no terror - probably my favorite so far, really nice directing + art. the premise is a little wack but i still really want to know what will happen. seems like it'll be kinda similar to death note

swatfishy

Postby Thomnd » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Zankyou no terror is great! or maybe I'm just a shinchiro watanabe fanboy...might be too early to tell

Thomnd

Postby kyung » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:44 pm

watch barakamon, please

what a great first episode. this show is so fucking cute and lighthearted. the animation and art is really great (especially that ed, that watercolor effect is awesome) and the writing is really funny as well. this has been the first show this season that i've really really enjoyed straight out of the gate. this show basically mashes together yotsuba and non non biyori, but i feel like there is a lot more room for character development for this show than just the "cute characters doing cute things" business that the former show/comic deals with. also, naru's va fucking nails it, she really brings the character to life and gives naru such irresistible charm

also watching sao 2, persona 4 ga, and glasslip

have yet to watch aldnoah, tokyo ghoul, and znt. are they any good?

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby donut_milk » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:00 pm

I finished the first episode of Kill la Kill. Whoa...it's pretty fast paced and crazy. Reminds me a bit of FLCL. I was watching Madoka Magica (about 6 episodes in) but I don't know...the story doesn't draw me in and I feel like I have to force myself to watch it. Might have to put this one on hold.

Other than that I am re-watching Sailor Moon on Hulu while also waiting for newer episodes of SM Crystal.

donut_milk

Postby Stolsdos » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Just watched the first 6 episodes of Knights of Sidonia
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgcz87-Wqk[/youtube]
Pretty good, the art is nice, but it takes a while to get used to the character movements. They're all moving at what seems like 1/2 the frame rate of the actual show.
It gets pretty confusing at times as well due to it being a seinen and its author being known for vague story lines(e.g. BLAME!).
I'd like to compare to Attack on Titan, this one being a futuristic version of it, and the fighting in space instead of past the wall.

Stolsdos

Postby kyung » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:12 pm

the majority of the people at the studio that created flcl (gainax) left to start trigger (the studio that does klk) which lends to obvious similarities

despite the ~*~hype train~*~, the show itself was pretty good. it's no ttgl (another gainax show) but the story definitely does get better and fleshes out (most of) the characters pretty well. i had my initial qualms about it but it's definitely a fun ride

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby 7737 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Postby rjbman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Space Dandy is back

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby silvaeri » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Haven't watched anime in probably close to 7-10 years (other than rewatching random episodes of Bebop) but I started watching Sword Art Online on Netflix and it's pretty darn good.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby silvaeri » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:25 pm

- i finished the entire first season yesterday night and it honestly wasn't too bad. The second "arc" wasn't as good as the first one. starting the two available episodes of season two today. First episode was pretty slow with little development so we'll see how this season ends up.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Finally got around to watching Zankyou no Terror. I'll give it a few more episodes; kind of trope-y, not fond of the high school setting or how pathetic and doormat-like they made the female lead. Also started Sailor Moon; I actually kind of enjoy the (unintentional?) campiness, but holy shit Usagi's voice annoys the shit out of me.

Has anyone watched/finished Sakamichi no Apollon? Thoughts? The whole cusp-of-puberty slice-of-life thing doesn't usually appeal to me, but I'm thinking of giving it another shot. I watched the first episode a while ago but was super turned off by the annoying, special snowflake protagonist.

WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG

Postby okayfruit » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:03 pm

So out of boredom I've picked up one piece after refusing to get into it for god knows how long. As a kid I used to have like the biggest crush ever on Zoro and now that I found out he's voiced by the same VA as Hijikata from Gintama THE LOVE IS STILL THERE.

okayfruit

Postby venilla » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 am

Just started watching Nichibros and it's hilarious. Makes me reminiscent of my high school friends and the dumb stuff we would do all day. I also managed to catch up to the current episode of Hunter x Hunter. HxH is my new fav series

venilla

Postby prawnzee » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:07 pm

CHIMERA ANTS

prawnzee

Postby Blastoise » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Finally finished Gundam Build Fighters and it was great. It's short and pretty easy to watch, I'd recommend it. Only 25 episodes and the English sub is all up on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9H1u1zFVNc

Next season starts in October. Any other suggestions until then? Watching Space Dandy here and there, hard to binge watch though. Maybe something more fantasy/adventure related because I've watched a lot of mecha lately.

Blastoise

Postby Blastoise » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:12 am

Started watching The Tatami Galaxy and it's fucking radddddd but the dialogue is super fast paced so you really have to pay attention. Amazing art style and animation. Music isn't too bad either. Only 11 episodes.

Might watch No Game No Life next. Looks interesting.

Blastoise

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:17 am

I want a remake of initial d with modern animation basically I want them to race gundams

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:34 am

IGPX is everything I wanted

BIGBEE

Postby nick » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 am

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby prawnzee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:03 pm

yeah HxH is the best and worst series of all time. I watched all 142 episodes that have come out so far during the last couple of weeks and it really reminded me of why I stopped watching these kinds of things

everything has to be explained over and over again
everything is narrated
while the narration goes on, everyone just stands there doing nothing
everything is explained in a way that must only mean that they assume the viewers are retarded
time, action and the plot moves forward about 3 minutes every ~5 episodes
every special attack has to have a name
everyone has to shout out their special attack every time they attack with it
chibi stuff
excessively caricaturated personalities

I think I could go on about things I dislike in most animes, but you get the idea. there were a few super great episodes buried in-between all the shit, so in the end deciding to give the remake a go for nostalgia reasons was the right thing to do. some moments were so enjoyable that made it all worthwhile. I'll keep watching the series and wait for new episodes anyhow, a real love-hate relationship here

prawnzee

Postby inherently » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:30 pm

inherently

Postby Blastoise » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Trailer for the new season. Hoping the original characters will be back in some way or another. Looks interesting though.

Tried watching No Game, wasn't really feeling it.

Blastoise

Postby venilla » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Zankyou No Terror has decreased in quality ever since the arrival of Five. Hoping that will change soon. Started watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, it's funny and I surprisingly really enjoy it. Give it a shot if you haven't watched it yet.

venilla

Postby alby » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:48 pm

I remember Naruto being one of my favorite shows as a child, and I would always stay up late to see all of the Toonami (Best shit ever) shows on school nights. The last thing of Naruto I remember seeing was the Chunin exams, and now I am coming back to finish up the english and then hopefully start on the shipuden. Such a great show imo.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

PreviousNext

Return to Care