[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - cartoons (sunday morning/japanese/etc)

cartoons (sunday morning/japanese/etc)

Off topic

cartoons (sunday morning/japanese/etc)

Postby charybdis » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:18 am

Okay let's try again.

Paging , , and whoever else.

TBH, actually not watching anything right now minus the new Ghost in the Shell, which I really like—and not just because they finally gave Major pants.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Re: cartoons (sunday morning/japanese/etc)

Postby handworked » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:29 am

just finished watching "close rick-counters of the rick kind" and now i'm super excited for season 2.

handworked

Postby seth83292 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:30 am

Avatar the last airbender has been my favorite cartoon ever and ever.

lok is only okay. That one episode with Wan was really cool though. That last boss fight btwn giant Korra and giant Vatuu was extremely dumb.

seth83292

Postby kyung » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:52 am

This season I'm really enjoying kawaisou, such great artwork and charming characters. The premise is tried and true (a bunch of strange people living under one roof with a fairly "normal" guy) and the characters a bit cliche (the whore, the masochist, the wise old person, the bookish girl, and the girl who feigns innocence) yet the show manages to be very refreshing, not relying solely on the comedic factor of the tropes themselves, but how they all interact with the main character

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby kyung » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:53 am

Also if anyone wants crunchyroll 48 hour passes ask me

KIMCHI SLAP

kyung

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:04 pm

"Attack on Titan" drew me in and I binge watched the whole first season- really stoked for what comes next. There are cliffhangers in each episode which can bug some people, but it's nowhere near as bad as Dragonball Z. Really good characters both major and minor, too.

"Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" was fantasssstic. I watched both 'vanilla' and then brotherhood in succession and brotherhood definitely beats the other one out for me, as far as tying up loose ends and developing certain aspects of the story.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby vgtbls » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Bet you guys forgot about Dino Riders. Tragically only 12 episodes

vgtbls

Postby eufemism » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 pm

if you didnt wake up early to watch Zoids then you've never lived

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby okayfruit » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:10 pm

At first all I was watching this season was jojo (omg kakyoin my love~) but I recently caught up on No Game No Life after dropping it halfway through the first episode. It's surprisingly good and actually forgoes the creepy oreimo incest vibes it gave at first, and instead features a non-freaky super-normal/healthy relationship between a big brother and his little sister.

okayfruit

Postby starfox64 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:22 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Suquida » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:41 pm

About to start watching madoka cuz fruit told me to

Not really sure what I'm getting into or what to expect

Suquida

Postby parastexis » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:59 pm

parastexis

Postby purkinje » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Boondocks season 4 has been depressingly and comprehensively terrible. Aaron please come back :(

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:29 pm

what is everyone looking forward to for the summer season?

I'll probably watch hanamonogatari, out of a sense of duty. (directed by shinichiro watanabe) looks like it might be promising; will probably also give a shot, even though i don't like urobuchi. Also sailor moon! I know I'm totally setting myself up for disappointment, because I've been secretly hoping the remake will be some amazing, subversive, gritty take on magical girl, like a mashup of madoka and utena, with 70s shoujo art...directed by ikuhara...animated by shaft......

this season I'm watching ping pong (good!) and sidonia (meh..)

WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG

Postby Blastoise » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:30 am

Currently binge (re)watching Digimon Adventure 02, and Samurai Champloo occasionally on the side. Waiting for this season of Adventure Time to be over so I can binge watch that too. I usually watch Spongbob while I'm cooking.

Blastoise

Postby silvaeri » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:37 am

first three seasons are definitely worth watching. one of my favorite shows hands down.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby purkinje » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:35 pm

^yeah

you'll start an episode and then binge watch like ten more, be warned

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby charybdis » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:57 am

yeah it's called ARISE and it's really great. It's sorta a prequel and starts before she joined section 9 so she's not quite the all powerful badass that she is in later series. I especially liked how it deals with questions about having a cybernetic body like ownership and memory. The episodes are longish and almost like interconnected movies. Two have been released.

Plus, the art direction is really lovely and I like that Major isn't super oversexed.

charybdis

Postby eufemism » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Samurai Jack's art style and music are A+

Viva Pinata was also one of my favorite alongside the classic Cubix.

I remember getting so hype when Shadow would make an appearance on Sonic X because he's a badass

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby eufemism » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:44 pm

GOAT theme song

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby eufemism » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:03 pm

the pilot for The Critic is on youtube. brilliant show.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby swatfishy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 pm

korra book 3 trailer is amazeballs

swatfishy

Postby Thomnd » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:13 am

Masaaki Yuasa guest directed an episode of Adventure Time and my god is it ever amazing.

Thomnd

Postby Blastoise » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:22 am

Moving on to Digimon Tamers (season three). It really doesn't have the same charm as the rest of them (the original four, that is). I've never been able to get into it as much. Trying again though.

Blastoise

Postby kyung » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:55 am

Tamers was definitely the darkest season, but also one of my favorites

I feel like digimon and Nintendo® Pocket Monsters™ were always sort of pitted against each other but in terms of the tv shows they're incomparable

KIMCHI SLAP

kyung

Postby charybdis » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Rewatching Uchoten Kazoku/the Eccentric Family. Definitely my favorite thing that I've seen in recent memory, I usually describe it as sort of like Miyazaki if he was less childlike.

[youtube]FySjirMjsjc&feature=kp[/youtube]

charybdis

Postby swatfishy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Was watching steins;gate last night and got to ep 12 and I had to sleep cus work oh my god I want to leave early

anyone know if ergo proxy gets more interesting/ intense? I think I paused at ep 5

swatfishy

Postby WussWayne » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:53 am

Anyone got any recs on awesome fully aired recent anime(good action and plot or just good in general). Currently watching knights of sidonia but need a filler.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby kyung » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Log horizon is really good at world building, not too much action except in the first like 5 eps but I thoroughly enjoyed it overall. Apparently it stays true to many mmo mechanics which is nice if you're into that

Tonari no kaibutsu kun is probably my favorite SoL anime I've watched recently. You really become charmed by the characters and some of the art is hilarious

Kokoro Connect kinda falls off towards the end but has a pretty satisfying ending. The premises of the "situations" are interesting and make for good character interactions

Ano Natsu De Matteru doesn't have as good characters as tnk or kokoro connect but what I think it really excels at is capturing the lazy days of summer. It gets really atmospheric and it's a great show to watch around this time

Hanasaku Iroha also has to be one of my recent favorites. The story is very much SoL but the main character is really likable and the writers do a great "coming of age" story. PA works does some gorgeous animation in this as well and the soundtrack is top notch.

As for this season, kawaisou has been, and still is my favorite

I realize that there is like no action in any of these whatsoever (sorry D:) but they are all worth a watch

KIMCHI SLAP

kyung

Postby WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm also watching Sidonia but the bad science makes me rage >.< (does anyone have any rec's for good scifi?)

Ping Pong just finished airing, and I really liked it. It's not very heavy on action or plot though, but it is a great homage to (and subversion of?) the shonen sports genre if you're into that.

Kind of stopped watching Mekakucity Actors but it had a mildly interesting plot and a little bit of action.

For more action-y stuff: Kyousougiga was very promising in the beginning, but I felt like the ending came of the nowhere. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Psycho Pass came out a while ago. I've heard that Kill la Kill and Space Dandy are good but haven't seen them so can't comment. Attack on Titan, maybe?

WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG

Next

Return to Care