[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - What Dreams Did Come

What Dreams Did Come

Off topic

Re: What Dreams Did Come

Postby Spaceman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm

I had a dream where I was trying to remember the formula for surface area of a sphere but couldn't and then I tried to calculate it from integrals but then couldn't remember the integrating factors of spherical coordinates, I got very frustrated then I woke up. I realized I had a nerd nightmare and felt very strange about myself.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby hharrissonn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 pm

I've been having really insane, vivid dreams the past couple months. I used to be one of those people that very rarely remembered them (maybe 1-2 a year) but now even if I just take a nap I have these dreams that feel so real in the moment that sometimes I'm not sure if they were dreams or memories. Always conflict driven, but never physical. Just stressful social/family situations. Sometimes I'll move my tongue across my teeth and find a loose one. I'm meeting people for the first time that are weird approximations of people I sort of know in real life, but are much different in the dreams (physically/personality wise). I'm not totally sure where this is coming from, but I feel like it's partially existential panic since my life is in sort of a layover period right now, and partially from going from smoking tons of oui'd daily to maybe once every two weeks since I graduated. Shit's weird.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby windowflowers » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm

had a dream last night where I met hitler and gifted him a vegetarian cookbook with a pun in the title. something with the word "fry," I can't quite remember. it was supposed to be a way of getting him into cooking instead of dictatorship I think

windowflowers

Postby iralanwitnuk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:35 am

Dreamt I went to the dentists office and one of the hygienists took me outside and we went on a date (before my appointment).. He toOK me to the old theater to see White Christmas, and at some point an animation flooded my vision that said "WHOOOOSH" in green 3D lettering with dollar signs scattered around.

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby bels » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:39 am

Dreamt that I bought the Adidas Kolor hoodie with the ridiculous dragons embroidered onto it but when it arrived it didn't have any dragons and I wasn't sure how to feel.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu May 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Dreamt I was competing in a bake-off with other young hopefuls to enter a prestigious culinary school. The dish was an incredibly complex cake based on pork that had to be roasted in the oven until it melted into liquid then congealed. With 20 minutes left on the clock and my pork not even done yet, I was frantic to get everything together.

Then I realized it was a dream and felt probably the keenest sense of disappointment I had ever felt. I think I just waited out the rest of the time.

Bonobonobo

Postby alby » Fri May 04, 2018 10:34 am

dreamt a half-baked line of code that, in my slumber, I knew would fix the problems I had been having lately. i woke up and couldn't remember it and still can't solve my problem

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby bels » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am

Dreamt I was watching a runway show where Raf Simons was modelling his latest pair of jeans. A disembodied voice told me they were 'Alright, but will never be as good as the Petite Standards he designed for Raf Simons 1995'

bels
Yung Winona

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm

had a dream where i was jamming with king krule and he had 4 arms so he was playing guitar and keys at the same time no sweat

then we had turmeric banana mango smoothies together after

and he was also wearing a full auralee fit for some reason but it was sick

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby INNIT » Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 pm

actual dreams i've had:

-walk into an exam for a class i haven't attended all year; i call my prof a square and do not care about failing
-michel foucault is my best friend, i tell him that people in academia no longer like him, or only like his later works. he doesnt care. we snort cocaine
-land a sick publishing internship, company dissolves day 1 because no one buys books
-become addicted to neocitron cold and flu as it is the only thing that makes me fall asleep. SO becomes very concerned
-become best friends with my graduate supervisor; she takes to me to spain and has a very welcoming family

Last edited by INNIT on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INNIT

Postby odradek » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:43 pm

had a dream that my phone screen smashed and i had to keep the gorilla glass shards in my mouth because i was in an environmentally protected area

i eventually spat the glass out into a trash can at the entrance to a nondescript stadium

odradek

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:43 pm

had a bad ass dream where i was playing guitar so hard it caught on fire

mc-lunar

Postby rjbman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:56 pm

dont remember how or from what, but i saved detroit last night in my dreams

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby soko » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Dreamt I got in a shootout with my ex's sister — she was okay. A strange mood.

soko

Postby popcorn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Dreamt I was listening to Misery Business by Paramore, but it grew into this massive guitar and drum groove. The closest thing I can compare it to is Kedem by Electric Masada, but droning on like krautrock. I remember another person in the dream was like 'I don't remember Misery Business going this hard' and I like.. scoffed at them because I knew how dope this song was. I was rocking the fuck out on the air drums trying to figure out what was a fill and what wasn't when I woke up.

popcorn

Postby rjbman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:55 am

dreamt i dropped 2ft on my road bike and it split in two on me... not a fun one to wake up from

rjbman

Postby norman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:41 am

I was in a sneaker shop that morphed into a pawn shop, so I curiously started browsing through the vintage crap looking for Gamecube games. The room was a small 15X15 with tall ceilings and wooden shelves loaded with knick knacks you would find in a thrift shop, but what was interesting was that there were 8 or 9 people shopping in this tiny room and we all were bullshitting and cracking jokes. When I saw a wallet sitting on the back shelf I thought ooo maybe there's some goodies in there, so I opened it up and found a durex condom, a coupon for a pretzel shop, and a small amount of cash maybe like $300. I quickly went through a dream-state panic trying to decide how to ethically buy the wallet but not pay for the money inside. I kinda fumbled around the shop like a bad thief and decided that i should put the money in my wallet and then buy the wallet. I went to the checkout and asked the shop owner if I could buy the wallet and keep what was inside, totally giving myself away from nervousness of suspicion. He was skeptical and asked to pat me down. My clothes morphed into a matching grey corduroy pants/jacket set (Great fit idea might I add) and he patted me down. When he got to my wallet he took it out and looked at the wallet I wanted to buy with a face of "why are you buying a wallet with a wallet?" Then he opened my wallet up and it was like STUFFED with cash, as if the $300 had turned into $2000. He just looked at me like "ok money man" and processed my order. I think I paid him $7 for the wallet, which was extremely overpriced, but for some reason he let me keep the credit cards that were still in it. Then I woke up

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby nope » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:51 am

Dreamt I was watching a turn of the millennium south american sci-fi film. It revolved around an alien transmission that somehow caused ever greater numbers of people's identity to blend into each other, across time and space, so some guy from future Argentina would suddenly find he was a woman in Victorian England or whatever. The details weren't entirely clear, or particularly relevant.

The important bit is that this somehow led to a very 90s tv advert on an iceberg, and I realized the clothes in it looked uncannily similar to Craig Green ss19 (I don't actually know what this looks like but that's hardly the point). I then spent a while painstakingly going forward frame by frame taking screenshots in VLC so I could post them here, presumably in the "Designers and their influences" thread. Would have got loads of rep I reckon.

nope

Postby bels » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:40 am

Dreamt no-step restocked the swebay trousers. A beautiful golden age ensued

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:14 am

Buckle in for one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had that seemed congruous at the time:

- Started off late for a Spanish exam in high school (yep, still get those), my teacher was cool about it and let me pick it up 15 minutes late. This, meanwhile while there's somehow a bed in the classroom with a naked dude giving her Marvin Gaye stares. She whispers "I got lucky last night". No comments about why there is a bed in the classroom.
- Next up we ended up on the Queequeg submarine from A Series of Unfortunate Events. We are looking for something (a codex?), but only find a hidden door in the floor. Down in that crawlspace we don't find it. We do find asleep under a bundle of clothes, having already found a map to the codex and waiting for us to arrive.
- At the next stop on the map, Jerome and Esme Squalor show up. We hide, somewhere, but get caught by Bradley Cooper.
- Inexplicably find myself back at school, with a huge party going on. We drink a lot then the baddies show up and we hot wire a car to get away? Somehow lost the Unfortunate Events kids and picked up some acquaintances I've met like twice.
- Found my dog (I don't have a dog) on the sidewalk, I hop out of the car and they speed on. Meanwhile the idiot dog runs out into the middle of the road and cars stop to let him pass. Some lady grabs him and puts him in her car and tells me to hop in.
- Lady has an insane amount of dogs in her house. She doesn't know who I am but the baddies show up for a dinner party. I furtively try to hide my face, along with discovering a person also hiding from them in the cellar when she shows the baddies "her cat". It's a woman in a badly made Halloween cat costume. No one but me notices this.
- The two of us escape after I brutally smash Bradley Cooper's head into the corner of a coffee table and we make a dash for the door.
- We hop on bikes - we can still make the end of the alleycat if we hurry. As we speed, bikes from side streets join in behind us for a massive fifty person race for the finish. I skid around a hill in the mud then drop my bike and sprint for the finish tent. I didn't write the name of one of the stops, but there's a lone signature with no stop next to it. I jot it in and hand it over to the organizer, placing first.

Anyways happy Friday, I'm not sure how to deal with all this ^

rjbman

Postby mc-lunar » Wed May 22, 2019 11:40 am

I was supposed to go spend two weeks on the moon by myself, but my glasses kept falling apart (this happens in a lot of my dreams). Once I fixed them and the space shuttle took off I realized I had forgotten to let my boss know i wouldn't be coming in since I would be on the moon.

mc-lunar

Postby weqe » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:17 am

Related, dreamt I wasn't wearing my glasses and I couldn't see anything, then put them on and everything was nice and clear. Super weird never had a blurry dream before lmao

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby odradek » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 pm

I was transferring at an airport that was kinda decrepit in a used future kind of way but the line for the bathroom was super long so i walked across the terminal to get to a different bathroom and on the way there i got in a fight with some guy who was fighting with everything and we started shoving and then i said i was glad he got cancer so i hid in the bathroom and he was banging on the door. The bathroom was one of those sheet metal box deals and everything was leaking and spewing water and it was kinda flooding and i got shit all over myself but i couldn't leave because the angry dude outside was waiting for me, so I fell asleep. I woke up and my dad called my phone and was like, "hey you're gonna miss your flight, it's leaving right now" and I was on the verge of tears but it turns out the bathroom was on a train and my parents were also on the train and we got off in some german town and visited the limestone ruins.

odradek

Postby mooncorp » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:09 pm

was at a pre-wedding thing where i was standing on a balcony and spilled 4 open bottles of seltzer water onto 4 girls sitting on the floor below me. i apologized and asked how i could make it up, offered to get them new bottles, their response was that they dont care about the bottles and if i want to make it up i have to move to a national park and pursue navajo weaving..

mooncorp

What Dreams Did Come

Postby Emilefauff » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:57 am

So I am confused on what size crabs to get. On some sites it says to get two crabs that are the same size so one cant bully the other. On another site it said to get two different size crabs to prevent shell fights. Does size even matter?

Thanks,
Bonnie

Emilefauff

Postby scanningsky » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:15 am

I saw really spooky thing, pretty sure it was WW III

Games we all love: , , and . Enjoy ;)
scanningsky

Postby alby » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:32 am

dreamt last night that gf and I were staying at my grandmas farm and I decided to bike 30 miles to local town bike shop without her but upon arriving, one of my friends girlfriends was working there and I was not about to enter because she was working. i i didn't know how to bike home and then i woke up

i don't even bike

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby mooncorp » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:58 pm

i had a terrible dream i flushed my supreme shirt down the toilet

it was really shocking, really really terrible. i needed to soak the shirt in water to wash it and i was planning to soak it in the toilet water because toilet water is clean. but i had to pee first, so i peed and flushed and washed my hands and got the shirt ready to dunk in. but the toilet kept flushing...... and i got more panicked..... because wtfff why is the toilet still flushing omg no my shirt nooooooooooo

that was a few weeks ago and in real life i just gave the shirt to my friend because it suits him better and also because maybe there was lingering emotional distress i was associating with the shirt / the dream hahhaha

mooncorp

Postby zevolution » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:04 pm

I have been recording my dreams for a little while here, I have a few of my favorites to share. I'll just spoiler them for the ease of use for the board. Most of these are from my notes app or diary that I write in just after waking up so the grammar is not on point.

Bonus points to whoever can figure me out!

zevolution

Previous

Return to Care