[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Off topic

Re: RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:25 am

i'm excited for the Oddworld remake. Oddworld is one of my favorite franchises of all time

anyone else?

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby nick » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:17 am

Has anyone checked out Firefall yet? (Good option for those of us without access to Destiny). Think "Borderlands the MMO". The questing system is sort of weak, but the combat feels really good.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby oucho » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 am

I also did not particularly like Skyrim mainly because the world/story felt really weak to me, I feel like people have a pretty low standard for this kind of thing when it comes to videogames

I tried playing dwarf fortress yesterday, it is very complicated

does anyone here play starcraft 2?

oucho

Postby can- » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 pm

[youtube]idA9BEA4Hxs#t=161[/youtube]

can-

Postby can- » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:48 pm

For a couple weeks I've been playing WAYWARD SOULS on my iPhone

at 6$ it feels steep for an ios game but it's far and away the best title I've ever played on my iPhone. it is a must have for any fan of the dark souls franchise: it is punishing, demands respect, tons of replay value, and has an intuitive but steep curve. charming 8 bit Zelda art style, great sound and music, semipermanent death, different characters with fully fleshed play styles, and responsive controls. strong recommend

can-

Postby can- » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 pm

^^

can-

Postby popcorn » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:23 pm

TSM Lustboy streaming in a HBA shirt? I think I like him now? I'm so confused

Do we have enough League players for a League of Legends thread? I'd be glad to play host and update it with pro gae ming highlites.
I mean, we have a racing thread, and I'm sure the nation of South Korea supports League more as a sport.

popcorn

Postby zayg » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:57 pm

I think 70% of my summer was spent playing Morrowind and I don't feel too bad about that. Now I'm just incredibly overpowered and decided to try out Oblivion. A few hours in and I am having some fun. Missing having no quest markers and a halfway decent journal. The UI is absolute shit. I am digging the landscape a bit though and the fact that I am purposely making a point to have my character be as mediocre as possible. No trainers, no exploitative stuff like the iron daggers in Skyrim.

zayg

Postby can- » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:54 am

epic return to form. this blew my mind

can-

Postby chilljin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:54 pm

H Y P E

chilljin

Postby alby » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:28 pm

Sometimes I want so badly to get back into WoW, but I know I will never have the same experiences I did back in the day. There was a good comment on gaming on this video saying that he misses the people more than the game itself, and I think I empathize with that. I miss my guild even though we were shit and we had some fatty guild leader yelling at us to do better. I miss never beating this fucking warlock for top on the dps. I miss gear. WoW will forever hold a place in my heart, and no mmo I have ever played to this day will replace it.

On that note, has anyone enjoyed any MMORPGs quite like WoW? I tried ESO beta, and wasn't a fan. I heard guild wars 2 was good until end game.

:[

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby bels » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:26 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Blastoise » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 am

[youtube]ghFEU4t_Pm8&feature=youtu.be&t=14m17s[/youtube]

Start at 14 minutes.

New 3DS coming out with improved ram, cpu, 3d, microsd, face plates, second joystick, etc. As well Amiibo: http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo

Probably not getting the new 3DS because I'm planning on buying a Wii U soon but Amiibo looks interesting, although the peripheral adapter for the standard 3DS won't be out until 2015.

http://disasterpeace.com/album/monsters ... y-cake-ost

New OST from one of my favorite composers (Rich Vreeland/Disasterpeace) inspired by another one of my favorite composers (Koji Kondo). It's minimal and kinda playful but it's good. Anyone who's into Kondo's work (Mario/Zelda) should check it out.

Blastoise

Postby rjbman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Gonna be a mess with it being able to run games that the other 3DS can't...

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby vgtbls » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm

I love that they added a joystick basically to just fix the camera control in Monster Hunter.

vgtbls

Postby okayfruit » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Man why even bother calling it a "new 3ds" if it's pretty much a new system compared to the current 3ds. That's just going to be super confusing for parents.

okayfruit

Postby oldtrailmix » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:02 pm

what fall releases are yall looking forward to?

i've been an AC boy since the first one came out and i always look forward to a new one (despite all the series' flaws). bit alarmed there's an actual stealth mechanic this time around but we'll see how it goes.

looking forward to the witcher 3

one of the reasons i bought a ps4.

also interested in FIFA 15, should be spending a decent chunk of change on video games this fall.

oldtrailmix

Postby Blastoise » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U. Hypedddddddddddd. As well as Hyrule Warriors, Nintendo® Pocket Monsters™ Alpha/Omega, and Mega Man.

Blastoise

Postby alby » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:37 pm

I have really high hopes for Destiny

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby station » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:48 pm

I had high hopes for Destiny, until I found out it isn't coming to PC
By the way, is there any group for caretaggers who play co-op games? Torchlight, Terraria, Risk of Rain, Monaco, etc.

station

Postby ballast » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:57 pm

im looking forward to civilization beyond earth. hope it scratches that alpha centauri itch

ballast

Postby prawnzee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:13 pm

I've been playing divinity: original sin for the last couple of days and it's super amazing. if you've played and liked cRPGs like baldur's gate, knights of the old republic, icewind dale, eh basically any infinity engine game you'll love this. it's basically a baldur's gate set in a cool, cliched but self-awarely ironic and fun fantasy world and the game has been modernized just enough to feel old and fresh and best and yeah. I think I played 12 hours straight yesterday. it's unforgiving and complex but simple and nice and you can break or bend the rules and the game doesn't careeeeeeeee

waaaaaa just play it

prawnzee

Postby prawnzee » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Are video games sexist?

well, are they?

hint: rational conclusion in the video!

prawnzee

Postby goodintentions » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 pm

That video and the comments are horrible.

goodintentions

Postby prawnzee » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:41 pm

prawnzee

Postby goodintentions » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:00 pm

I feel that the most ridiculous thing was the inclusion of the segment which compared the supposed influence of violent games with the influence of excessive sexually objectifying imagery. Moving someone to commit acts of violence through entertainment is miles away from the influence of values supported by art and entertainment. People tend to let shallow and imo harmful representations of women in entertainment slide much more than shallow and harmful representations of racial groups, and I think that's just because at this point in history there are more ignorant people who enjoy women being portrayed in this way than people who dig racism. She seems to think that men enjoying it is a justification but I don't agree with that; I'm sure plenty of people found the portrayal of Mr. Yunioshi in Breakfast at Tiffany's totally hilarious and enjoyed it in the same way some men enjoy sexist games. I don't feel like that's any excise.

Obviously she's trying to be provocative, especially with the name 'The Factual Feminist'. It just feels like bland junk made to appeal to anti-feminists and angry men who are afraid of the things they like changing. Kind of like a slightly grown-up Amazing Atheist. She's feeding her audience their own opinions and not saying anything. She calls herself 'The Factual Feminist' but her entire argument seemed to basically be 'boys will be boys' and saying things like 'I looked at the data'. I don't think it's rational, she's just shouting 'you're wrong, there's no problem'. It's also silly and misleading that she downplayed the response that feminist critics have received in the gaming community. It's obviously not a couple of angry messages, there's been masses of hate directed at anyone criticising even the most obvious sexism.

goodintentions

Postby SteevMike » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:10 pm

EDIT: goodintentions made points that i wanted so i cut them out of my post

1. christina hoff summers calling herself "the factual feminist" is hilarious
2. the american enterprise institute is horrible
3. the absence of correlation between violent games resulting in violent acts does not mean that video games are not violent or sexist or misogynist (also she makes a really tenuous attempt at drawing the opposite correlation, i.e, increased video game sales driving lower youth crime)
4. calls out "hipsters with degrees". Come on, you went to NYU and got a philosophy degree. Glass houses.

SteevMike

Postby can- » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:49 pm

video games are obviously sexist like any mass media item in 2014.

but I also can't shake the idea that the sarkeesian types are more interested in their own visibility and self righteousness than actually playing or making video games, which makes the whole thing feel very 'moms against gaming'/social panic.

can-

Postby prawnzee » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:07 pm

prawnzee

Postby SteevMike » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:17 pm

my only real complaint/criticism of anita sarkeesian is more to do with the medium she uses, because her videos end up functioning more as supercuts than in-depth analyses

sarkeesian wouldn't be nearly as visible as she is today if 4chan didn't have #gamergate pissbabies who claim misogyny isn't present in video game culture and immediately refute themselves by threatening almost exclusively women involved in said industry/culture with different perspectives.

SteevMike

PreviousNext

Return to Care