[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Off topic

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:28 am

I watched this whole thing at work the other day:

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Re: RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:29 am

E3 is now.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby hmwut » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 pm

if this game is half as good as its making itself out to be ill be buying a ps4

hmwut

Postby ballast » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:11 pm

nintendo had the best showing:

if you don't want and love these already i don't know what to say. no man's sky looks great too.

ballast

Postby ballast » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:00 pm

this thread should be renamed "insert coin to continue" or something

ballast

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:19 pm

where is dark cloud 3

every year i sit there waiting for dark cloud 3

it never happens

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:43 pm

also for and anyone else who didn't own a sega genesis/mega drive

also the source of "welcome to your doom"

starfox64

Postby purkinje » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Is The Last Guardian ever actually going to be slated for release? It's been years of footage and teasers and all that but nothing has ever come of it. Shadow of the Colossus and Ico were such unique games and TLG seems on point from what we've been shown so far.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby can- » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:43 pm

if anyone has any information about what happened to the old VG thread please call our anonymous hotline @ 1-800-COP-SHOT for your reward

can-

Postby can- » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:33 pm

excited for this -

can-

Postby can- » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 pm

I've been playing 1001 Spikes on the PS4-

It has no shortage of charm, style and depth. it's very similar to I Wanna Be the Guy (if anyone is familiar with this) with a slightly lower curve-- think dark souls rather than battletoads-- and it has a ton of multiplay replayability.

if anyone has a PS4 i highly recommend it and also if anyone has a PS4 please let me know so I can add you. i hate my ps4.

can-

Postby hmwut » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:51 pm

why do you hate your ps4

hmwut

Postby can- » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:11 pm

there are no great games for it and only a couple decent games, and most of these are avail on other platforms.

MGS5;Ground Zeroes has a great campaign but it is only 4-5 hours long. it demonstrates a brilliant gameplay engine but really leaves you wanting more. if it''s only job was to get people amped up for MGS5 proper it has definitely done its job.

Rayman Legends is immaculately and charmingly executed, the game oozes style and whimsy and is a nice shot of nostalgia for me because I used to play the original as a kid, but the platform gameplay (despite being very polished) is a little dated for 2014.

Resogun is a great two stick bullet hell style shooter, excellent fun until you beat it and then there's no replay. serious missed potential for competitive multiplay, a la tetris or RE6 where you can screw over your opponent by performing well and sending bad guys and shit into his world. instead there is only a 2p co-op mode with netcode issues, generally your anonymous partner will die and then quit which ends the game.

Trials fusion is amazing.

these are the best games i've played and they're not that great. there are a ton of 10-20$ downloadable indies that range from OK to crap-- Don't Starve is a excellently realized isometric minecraft type with the difficulty and atmosphere turned up several notches but the Sims type sandbox-without-a-goal leaves me understimulated. Outlast is an atmospheric horror game that is so poorly written and styled it makes you cringe. Fez is a charming 2.5D platformer but might as well be an iOS title. Super Motherload is a great couch co-op title with no replay. Contrast has some really promising gameplay mechanics but looks and feels like it was developed at the Online University of Phoenix. There is an open world RPG by ubisoft (iirc) that is very polished if you like traditional RPG games.

there are also a ton of sports games that are supposed to be good if you like those.

I am bummed that there isnt a single killer app yet. I have high hopes for Destiny and TC's The Division although i have a growing fear that Destiny will just be a really polished version of Borderlands. I also have really high hopes that Sony's streaming service is rolled out soon and properly, one of the reasons I bought a PS4 was so I could play a bunch of PS3/2 titles that I never got to like the Ico/SotC remaster, MGS4, LBP etc.

can-

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Super excited for the new titles coming out from Nintendo, they're killing it at E3. Buying a Wii U sometime this summer. Playing my 3DS until then.

Favorite video game soundtracks? My dream would be to write them for a living (and I'm currently pursuing it).

A couple of my favorites:

and a million others

Blastoise

Postby zayg » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:42 pm

after years of trying to get into morrowind i've finally managed to as of last week

been a full time job for me jesus what a beautiful game

zayg

Postby seth83292 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:45 pm

easily my favorite video game soundtrack is the original halo's theme. Those strings.

and anyone interested in videogame music, you should watch this

seth83292

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:04 pm

An interview with one of my favorite composers:

Smooth McGroove is my hero:

Blastoise

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:52 pm

starfox64

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:35 am

some of my favorite videogame songs:

also the entirety of Bastion's soundtrack.

also Dragon Quest as a series has some of the best music I've ever heard, period.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby prawnzee » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:01 am

I just want to say that I approve of this title

excited, pumped, etc for Bloodborne, something cool from FromSoftware, and mr. Hidetaka Miyazaki is back at the helm

when I have money (like that's ever going to happen) I have to buy a PS4 for this, and MGSV

prawnzee

Postby === » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:45 am

microsoft plz

B)
===

Postby starfox64 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:10 am

ASCENSION!!!!!

starfox64

Postby alby » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:54 pm

I miss playing WoW and the general MMO atmosphere :[. I tried ESO but it just didn't feel the same. I'm hoping Destiny is good when it releases.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby === » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:25 am

B)
===

Postby rjbman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 am

Steam sale started yesterday. For those of you not familiar with it, Steam is a pretty huge PC video game marketplace, and every couple of months have massive sales.

Debating Witcher 2, but the two games I'm aiming for are Dark Souls and Transistor.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby chilljin » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:44 am

did anyone ever play guardians crusade on ps1?

shit was my favourite game of all time for many many years

i still know the music for all the ps1/ps2 rpg's i sunk many hours into off by heart

holy shit GRANDIA was GOAT tho

chilljin

Postby popcorn » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:56 am

went on steam on tuesday to look for some adventure game to enjoy, sub-$20, saw Just Cause Collection for $6

holy shit. I've heard Just Cause 2 called a PERFECT game, but wow. Just Cause 2 is what happens when a game designer has all those ideas you had for a great adventure game. The plot was hilariously stereotypical in founding, but somehow still accessible enough to feel.

I took probably >50 screenshots too, such a stunning, beautiful game.

My only complaint is there's really not much replay value past going for 100% completion, but with how complete the game really was, I'm totally content with finishing the game.

popcorn

Postby prawnzee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:34 pm

PC mustard race because consoles need to ketchup

prawnzee

Postby prawnzee » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:41 am

Simo Häyhä simulator

prawnzee

Postby Blastoise » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Everyone should get Risk of Rain. It's amazing. One of my friends gifted it to me and we played the co-op for a few hours last night. Ton of fun but it's really hard.

Four player online co-op too.

Blastoise

Next

Return to Care