[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Snail Mail

Snail Mail

Off topic

Snail Mail

Postby charybdis » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Letters/postcards/things/etc that you've gotten from people.

Decided to start this thread because of and also because sent me this extremely lovely package a week ago with two (!!) beautiful Chris Ware graphic novels and a lovely note.

Earlier I said I would send her my copy of American Born Chinese and that she could send me whatever in return, but she kinda went above and beyond. (love)

I am still recovering from reading Jordan Wellington Lint.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Re: Snail Mail

Postby exprof » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 pm

The art of letter writing is something I'd like to perfect. sent me a lovely letter (he has already perfected letter writing, it seems!) and sprayed it with CDG wonderwood. I was so struck with the gesture - it's such a wonderful way to sign off a letter.

I've also been trying to write all the letters I've promised everyone for a little while, I should be finished by Wednesday so do expect things soon. ^_^

exprof

Postby rjbman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Can we start a c-t pen pals club?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:10 pm

I hate my hand writing so I just write in Elian Script and it looks 100x better from my perspective. Thinking about getting a fountain pen and really attacking my hand writing this summer.

JewTurk

Postby darfest » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:45 am

I try to write a letter a day to practice my calligraphy. I have a couple of fountain pens and some dip pens. I'm just starting to branch into Spencerian script going from just writing italics with a broad nibbed pen.

: You should totally do it, I write ten times better just holding one of my nice pens. Can't write for shit anymore with markers.

darfest

Postby yetheist » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:45 am

I always love getting and sending mail so would be up for pen pals

yetheist

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:24 pm

pen pals sounds very cool

harmsalmon

Postby sagc » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:28 pm

I'd be down, too - no beautiful calligraphy from me, though.

sagc

Postby popcorn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Definitely willing to brutalize a friend's eyes with my AP-note-taking calligraphy.

popcorn

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:53 pm

JewTurk

Postby exprof » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Posting s very trill quote

exprof

Postby sid3000 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Would like to thank for a lovely note RE: Care-Share and a portrait of me that, in an instance of brief disorientation or psychosis, drew me into a Mortal Kombat K.O.-like daze because it resembled both my state of grooming and what I was wearing at the time of opening the letter.

CHEERS LUV

sid3000

Postby kewks » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:18 am

sent me a drawing too!!!!

:D :D :D thank you!!!!

kewks

Postby charybdis » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:45 pm

So, I had a really really horrible day tuesday, but when I came home I found not only this awesome letter from but also this postcard from . You guys really warmed my heart and made me feel like everything was okay. :3

charybdis

Postby chadnik » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:25 pm

So overdue on posting these two wonderful gifts:

From , the copy of American Born Chinese she gave me, along with a Japanese comic by Natsume Ono—awesome, because I love graphic novels but know so little about manga. ABC was a great read and I'd recommend it to anyone, a really touching and insightful take on the well-trod (and, as chary points out, often stereotype-ridden) immigration story. And of course her note (and drool-worthy handwriting) was lovely. (My blurry picture quality doesn't do it justice.)

From , an awesome package with a canvas and leather pouch/wristlet from her Bodyhaus line with her own marble-print fabric as lining, a copy of F de C Reader (which charybdis had first—Sisterhood of the Traveling F de C Reader? Who wants it next?), and a sweet note on an old map of a county in Quebec. The pouch has been a lifesaver since my wallet was stolen, so I can't thank you enough (love)

chadnik

Postby chadnik » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:05 am

I'd be more than happy to pass ABC along to you if you want (love)

chadnik

Postby bels » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:36 pm

bump 10 char

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:13 am

Now's the time to get your friends' addresses before the ct summer break!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby meatjacket » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:49 pm

would definitely be down! For graduation i got a couple really nice pens and would love to show what they can do!

who wants to chat with a real life texas cowboy

meatjacket

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:04 pm

yes everyone give addresses to me I don't have fancy pens I just like writing letters

harmsalmon

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:13 pm

a girl i like said she sent me a postcard but i think canada post lost it

mc-lunar

Postby parastexis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:40 pm

give me your addresses and I'll you all send drawings!

parastexis

Postby thephfactor » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:28 pm

I would actually love to send and receive letters! If you'd like my address just ask!

thephfactor

Postby rjbman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm super busy with stuff the next week or two but if people want to start the chain hit me up and I'll happily share my new address.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby sknss » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:15 am

send me stuff to put in these frames
xoxo

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby mahi-mahi » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Send me snail mail and I'll send you long rambling snail mail with Mexican wisdom and clothing compliments

mahi-mahi

Postby charybdis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:43 pm

This is super late, but sent me another postcard :3 and sent me a lovely note and this M&L hedgehog pin this summer.

Pips send this card from Singapore and look at these stamps!

They both made me feel like everything was wonderful.

charybdis

Postby bels » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:27 pm

natural log just sent me this for fun IDK.

me irl:

pins + custom based st raf badge

letter commiserating my inability to run an ARG

Amazing book about ART. I've put it on my coffee table to show I don't take myself too seriously

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Morlin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:47 pm

just got some trousers from meatjacket and they did a little drawing! I know it's small but it was so cute walking up to it on the doorstep so idk thank you :woop: also included was a really awesome sweat, tee & bag which I'm too lazy to photograph properly atm

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby blanket » Sun May 28, 2017 1:12 pm

bring this thread back!!!

send me your address and i will send you a postcard after my exams are over :-)

blanket

Next

Return to Care