[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Tennis

Tennis

Off topic

Re: Care Tags Lawn Tennis Club

Postby Cowboy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:33 am

I wouldn't call it a pain in the ass, but it's permanently been posh. Like over the top posh. But i think you would enjoy it immensely.

Make sure u go to one of the better ones (they will all be good but still, look for top of the line)

Might cost you a touch so be prepared for that if u end up deciding it's worth it

Idk I would die to go to Wimbledon so...go

Cowboy

Postby bels » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:42 am

I heard it's a pain in the ass to get a day ticket

(Which is all you can go for if you don't get the other tickets (which you won't get unless you win the raffle, which you need to be a member of a club to be in) )

Stan wrecked Kyrios so that match i linked is OVER

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:46 am

stappard_

Postby bels » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:23 pm

I regripped my raquet and now my serve is unstoppable again. Convinced it was the regrip.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:33 pm

Do u have a mean kicker

Cowboy

Postby hig » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:31 am

honestly if you wanna see tennis and see/perhaps meet/get signatures from top players, i would highly highly recommend paying a visit to montreal in august and attending the rogers cup. it's one of the larger hard court tourneys before the US and many of the top players attend; however, in the days leading up to the actual event, the qualifiers are played and the top ranked players usually practice on the nearby practice courts. for qualifiers, admission is FREE so essentially, you can just get in and go to the practice courts and see federer and djokovic and tsonga and nadal and co practicing (and be 10 ft away from them)! it's an awesome experience and you can even converse with some of them, depending on how busy they are (my cousin chatted with tsonga and i talked a bit with gasquet)! if you wanna see actual matches, there are real matches going on in the stadiums which are also free. overall, it's a super fun and great event to attend. i've been to the US open and honestly the rogers cup is 100x the experience in my opinion. since i went the first time, i've probably been another 2-3 times. it's great fun; you can see pros up close and get signatures and see them play soccer tennis with each other (at one point nadal and almagro played some soccer tennis during some downtime). federer rode around in a golf cart too. go to the rogers cup to catch some cool tennis!!

hig

Postby Cowboy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:48 am

Winter time in Miami is prime for meeting people training for Aus Oper

I met Wozniacki (she a qt), missed Murray by a day last year.

Cowboy

Postby bels » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:55 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:21 am

Matching is the only way to go

How does the adult league work there? USTA has it from like 3.5 at lowest to 6.0 (I think) for highest

Cowboy

Postby bels » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:33 am

I don't know I've only been playing a year and a half and my serve has only been reliable for about 3 weeks so I've not tried to play any matches. Last year I was considering it but with my current schedule and ability I just don't see it happening. It seems futile to try and play if my serve isn't good enough to hold against people of around my skill level. Instead I have a couple of hitting partners and go to an adult class that I'm in the middle of. There's also a drop in session I go to when I feel like getting wrecked by all the ex uni team players.

Doesn't USTA have a bunch of ranks below 3.5

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Idk I haven't met anyone below 3.5

Was talking about sweatbands but this was a good way to take it

The best way to learn is matches. Mentality is more important than actual skills

If u can't be confident in a match u shouldn't be confident anywhere

As my granny always said: you lose and you learn

Cowboy

Postby bels » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Also shout to His Majesty who has made use of his contacts to secure me sponsorship from Raf Perry sporting goods ensuring I'll be representing the the big man himself in future bouts.

Also if anyone sees any fred perry visors or tennis shorts please advise.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:49 am

I found this just browsing and it made me really mad.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:20 pm

great REFERENCES in the new MICKEY PLAYS collection for Uniqlo

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Cowboy

Postby bels » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:34 am

Match report for coach lobbies:

Went 5-0 up in the first set, then my opponent (DAN) remembered how to serve and I only managed to close it out 6-4.

Second set I let it get to 3-5 to DAN, fought back to 5-5, then realised neither of us knew how to do tie break scoring so we played one more game which he won and then called it as we'd been playing for about two and a half hours.

My serve has gone back to being nonsense. I think my concentration is totally out of line. Maybe I should start meditating again.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:08 am

YES!

that's awesome

Matches are so fun

u couldn't close out that just takes practice to deal with the pressure!

Proud of you Bela. 5-0 is good. That's confidence.

Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:10 am

Matching bands is also perfectly on point

Dan felt the stunt

Cowboy

Postby bels » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 am

Dan doesn't even have wristbands, let alone a gradient print COS tee.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:36 pm

If anyone has ever watched Rafa closely between points you will see that more often than not he picks at his butt and it is just hilarious

His insane court OCD and lack of awareness are just phenomenal.

Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Cowboy

Postby bels » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Wrecked Dan 6-2 6-3. Could have gone another game, felt fresh as fuck.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:01 pm

How has your tennis been Bela! I've missed this thread

Nishikori out, RIP Uniqlo collections

I don't have time to keep up with tennis, afraid I had to quit playing recently. Even recreationally. Miss it terribly, and not sure how to replace it, but priorities.

Cowboy

Postby bels » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:10 am

When Nishikori beat Isner in that final I felt like earth might not be such a cold, dead place. Can't believe he's out already. SMH.

I'm trying to focus on hitting some flatter shots with placement when I want to up the aggression. Haven't managed to beat Dan again since last time. Driving me round the fucking twist with it. I think I need to work on shortening the gap between my practice self and my game self. Need to seek some MENTAL IMPROVEMENT.

Also I have Y3 now so I'm pretty unstoppable.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:37 am

are you playing for the juventus now

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:27 pm

5-4 on my serve and I lost it, got to 6-6 then lost the tie break 6-2.

Felt a lot better than my last wipeout, but as the game went on I could feel my nerves building. Going to have to work on this.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:52 pm

Finishing is known as the most difficult of mindsets to get in. Something I never was able to fix like I wanted. Pros are heartless is basically it. But for those of us who feel relief or closure or pity when we hit 5-_ it can be very difficult.

A good strategy is to put yourself into the score set reversed. Instead of winning 5-3 u force yourself into the idea of losing 3-5. If you lose the game then you lose the set. It might help.

Another is to focus on one piece of the court at the start of the game. Try to stay in their backhand. A focal point keeps the mind from wandering.

Cowboy

Postby bels » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 am

i get so mad when it's a nice day and no one wants to play.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:51 am

Federer is one of if not the best pro of all time.

Federer will win this US open

Discuss

Cowboy

Postby teck » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:03 am

teck

PreviousNext

Return to Care