[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - drink

drink

Off topic

Re: IT'S REALLY FIZZY [What are you Drinking Today]

Postby thecanadiancook » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:25 pm

I made some sangria.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby bird.in.flight » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:34 am

(ten char)

Last edited by bird.in.flight on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bird.in.flight

Postby adiabatic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:16 pm

Been drinking cardamom tea by the liter, interspersed with the Earl Grey and the normal black tea.

It's not fizzy.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby sknss » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:26 am

hot orange/mango squash

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Re: drink

Postby Suquida » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:17 pm

If you aren't drinking fruity lambics in the year of our lord 2015 I'm not sure you can be saved

Suquida

Postby meatjacket » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:39 am

this shit takes me away to some sort of secret place i never knew of until just yesterday

where can i buy these by the 6 pack

meatjacket

Postby bird.in.flight » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 am

amazing beer from a small farmhouse brewery in Tassie. Very unique, it's billed as an amber ale, but quite tart and brett-heavy

bird.in.flight

Postby meatjacket » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:35 pm

official story mftea

definitely something i could buy a whole bunch of

meatjacket

Postby thecanadiancook » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Winter means time for mulled wine. This was a cab sav with apple, orange, cinnamon sticks, lemongrass, and ginger. Turned out delicious.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby Ques » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:11 am

i liked the red one the best.

im in beijing now i can get ANYTHING

Ques

Postby meatjacket » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:04 am

someone here recommended the sweat, result? delicious grapefruit

meatjacket

Postby ramseames » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:30 am

1 oz Campari
1 oz Courvoisier VS
1/4 tsp maple syrup
2 mint leaves (muddle one and garnish with the other, but I didn't bother tonight)

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:10 am

Campari is the single best bottle of any sort of beverage you can buy

One of life's great pleasures

Edit: you'll come around to it. Cut it with soda over ice and as you grow to like it you'll find you want less and less of both

ramseames

Postby CPV1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:19 am

Campari, Cocchi vermouth di Torino, Jensen's Bermondsey gin, orange peel, ice, and you're in heaven. Damn, might have to make one tonight.

CPV1

Postby ptozzi » Thu May 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Craft beer drinkers: Has anyone noticed the similarities between craft beer and internet fashion? Brands that generate a lot of hype which resellers then take advantage of. Supreme, vlone, that type of stuff. On the other hand we have breweries like Other Half and Tired Hands. People wait on lines for these beers, buy as much as is allowed, and then sell or trade their cans for profit. What gives? is there any hobby where one can avoid people who are only participating to make a quick buck?

ptozzi

Postby vgtbls » Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 am

I've lived near Tired Hands for years, it's been very weird to see it blow up. I think it's pretty overrated. Their food is way too expensive :C

vgtbls

Postby ptozzi » Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 am

All the food I've gotten I thought was good for the price point, and I love their beer. Their hype isn't as crazy as Other Half though. They only have long lines for milkshake releases, which is fine. The last release I went to I was in and out, and got to trade some beers for a different release I missed.

Other Half just baffles me though. The blame can't sit on the community though, I think OH should do something to stop the craft beer hypebeasts from buying a case of each beer. Nobody is gonna drink 96 pints of beer in a week, and you can see people on beer forums and Facebook pages selling 4 packs for $35. The allotments should be halved in my opinion. Of course the lines would still be long, but getting online at 10:30 for a 10:00 release and not being able to purchase what you lined up for because of greedy people in front of you sucks. I hope when they increase production at their new facility they move to an online preorder system like Threes Brewing.

ptozzi

Postby ptozzi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:32 pm

pretty dead thread but who is into craft beers? what is your favorite style? what breweries do you frequent?

I'm kind of a hazeboi really into hazy NEIPAs but I'm getting into sours. My favorite breweries are Tired Hand and Equilibrium but I don't live close enough to either. Favorite brewery close enough to make most can releases is Troon. Other half is good but the lines can get long. Great spot for trades.

I've gotten over what I complained about in my last post. Other Half lines aren't the devil and mules help the beer become a little more accessible albeit at a price of $10 per four pack. Plus the lines are a great place to trade brews.

As far as expanding into sours, the Answer Brewpub in RVA is sick but at such a low ABV and the whole Andall process many people shout "not beer!" I just got a ottle of Trillium Peach Super Soak in a trade and I'm really excited to try it. Also wanna get my hands on some lambic to try.

ptozzi

Previous

Return to Care