[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - drink

drink

Off topic

Re: IT'S REALLY FIZZY [What are you Drinking Today]

Postby kindofyoung » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:36 pm

kindofyoung

Postby hooplah » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:15 pm

i bought a nalgene bottle in an attempt to make myself drink more water. i'm severely hydrated all of the time. my stomach is incredibly irritable, i'm tired, my mouth and lips are always dry, etc. etc.

but god damn drinking extremely water is so difficult. typically i drink less than one glass of water a day (which is very, very horrible). now i'm trying to drink 2 or 3 1000mL bottles a day and it's hard.

edit: also if you don't wash the bottle enough the mouth of it smells like absolute butthole

hooplah

Postby RycePooding » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Nalgenes are soooo great EXCEPT for the smell, which actually completely ruins them for me.

Get a hydroflask!

RycePooding

Postby deadkitty » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:43 pm

HATERADE

deadkitty

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:01 pm

mc-lunar

Postby sknss » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:42 am

The other day i saw an app on the apple store that served as an alarm to remind you to drink water and i thought to myself "who needs that??" But i guess you could use it hooplah, get the app.

If you dont like the taste of water, you can try adding some lemon juice or mint leaves. Or switch to tea

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:23 am

I have a carafe of water and a glass on my desk all the time. It always ends with me drinking too much water because whenever I'm bored (always) I drink some water.

Makes adding mint leaves to the water much easier too. Plus whenever someone comes to see me I pour myself some water instead of listening to them talk.

Plus then you only have to wash the glass, not the carafe.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:17 am

drank some beer

germinal
Garminlad

Postby tomsfood » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:16 pm

studying for my fashion final tomorrow and listening to the strokes and drinkin this stuff

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby madisseur » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:28 pm

in december drinking chelada

to accompany a philip seymour hoffman movie night

madisseur

Postby longjumps » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:35 pm

longjumps

Postby jukeboxnukebox » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:36 am

lychee calpis with star shaped lychee jellies

jukeboxnukebox

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:07 pm

When I drink beer I drink stouts, so I decided to organize my thoughts while I expanded a bit. Hopefully these are useful to somebody.

Guinness

It’s hard to critique Guinness for some of the things it does wrong or could do better because it doesn’t have any real competition. Guinness is the only really universally available stout; the kind of thing you can find at any bar or grocery store. From the perspective of a high-distribution beer, it does very well. It doesn’t have the complexity or separation of flavors that a Samuel Smith’s or an Old Rasputin has, but the taste is still good, and has all of the things you would expect from a stout. It is also extremely drinkable, which is a definite plus. Very smooth mouthfeel. Guinness is the only beer on this list I would call casual in the sense that you could buy a six-pack and toss them all back no problem. PS Guinness is ALWAYS better on draught.

Guinness Extra Stout

Not altogether too different from Guinness, it adds some flavor and complexity without approaching the levels of bitterness in an Imperial. I’d recommend it as an easy stepping-stone to more complex stouts, especially if Guinness is starting to feel a little bland.

Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout

This was my first non-Guinness stout. The oatmeal flavors are prevalent but are well balanced. Flavor and mouthfeel aren’t too heavy, which is often a problem with oatmeal stouts. This is an extremely solid stout, and if you’re looking to find out what an oatmeal stout is like it’s a perfect starting point. It's really the oatmeal stout.

Samuel Smith’s Russian Imperial Stout

My first imperial stout, this remains one of my highest in terms of flavor:drinkability ratio, where drinkability refers to primarily mouthfeel. In this case it doesn’t fill the mouth in the way many darker stouts tend to. I’d describe it as a drier stout; it flows smoothly, components well balanced without any standing out in any particular way. This might be a good first step towards imperials for those looking to move past Guinness.

North Coast Brewing Company Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

This is in my experience the “stoutiest” stout. It is the darkest, most bitter, most complex beer I’ve tasted. Not for the faint of heart or light of tongue. If Samuel Smith’s Russian Imperial is 72% cacao dark chocolate, this is the 95% stuff. It is not necessarily an easy drink, and you certainly wouldn’t want to be pounding these back. This is a brew for sipping and enjoying. The extremity of the flavor also makes it excellent for cooking. I’ve used it to deglaze a pan for a steak sauce and as part of a butter-beer injection for my family’s Thanksgiving turkey. One of my absolute favorites.

Green Flash Double Stout

Label says Big, Bold & Complex, but the first thing I notice is that the flavor is very one-note, in this case being bitter. In that sense it is absolutely still very Big and Bold, as it’s ratcheted the bitter concentration up to the point where it obscures the other flavors. Unfortunately this is the same issue I have with chocolate and milk stouts – the complexity is what I enjoy, so to reduce the flavor to one note is to ruin the stout. Mouthfeel is nearly syrupy. Overall wouldn’t recommend, except for possible use cooking with sweet meats. Gonna be honest and say I didn’t finish this one.

Founders Brewing Breakfast Stout (Double Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Stout)

The extended name essentially lists every flavor present, but by far the most prevalent is oatmeal, as expected from a breakfast stout. Complexity of flavor takes a bit of a hit for the same reason, though not too bad. Mouthfeel is good; this is a very drinkable stout, doesn’t expand when it hits the tongue. Very long aftertaste to this one. Similar overall to the Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout. I’d recommend either to anyone looking to try an oatmeal.

Founders Brewing Imperial Stout

My impression on first swig is that this is quite smooth for an imperial. Second thought is that unfortunately that smoothness is quickly revealed to be fairly simplistic. It’s as if someone made an imperial-flavored beer more so than brewing one from scratch. For as much as I enjoyed Founders’ Breakfast offering this was a disappointment. Mouthfeel is fairly similar to the Green Flash Double Stout, which is absolutely not a compliment. Also didn’t finish this one.

Chocolate stouts, mocha stouts, coffee stouts, etc. weren't reviewed because I don't like them.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby odradek » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:55 pm

my secret chinese-ness is getting less and less secret

odradek

Postby ramseames » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:22 am

33 acres of Cof33 (german bock lager), 6.9%ABV

dumb name good beer

very strong notes of coffee (obvs), more subtle chocolate and caramel flavours

its weird this is even a lager really, pours and drinks like a porter or a stout

ramseames

Postby deadkitty » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:26 am

best coffee i've ever had (red rabbit)

they roast their espresso blend a bit on the lighter side and do super long extractions (like 35-40 seconds)

deadkitty

Postby meatjacket » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 am

i wanna know where i can get really good sodas

there is this place called rocketfizz like an hour or two from my house that has some nice ones for decently cheap

meatjacket

Postby nexus6 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:54 pm

No pics, but i'm having some red tea at the moment... tastes like mold

nexus6

Postby kewks » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:54 am

matcha latte with matcha coconut chocolate chip cookie.. so delicious. for you vancouverites it's at basho on hastings

kewks

Postby sknss » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:06 pm

my kind neighbour gave me some water kefir grains so i made water kefir with lemon and figs (you live that alone for 24hrs to 48hrs, then you put it though a colander and it's ready to be drunk)
it's quite fizzy :]

sknss

Postby sknss » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:56 pm

sorry i forgot to say i used brown sugar too

sknss

Postby Indieguy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:26 am

Old Fashioned

The best damn cappuccino of my life ever

Indieguy

Postby nem » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:26 am

Hot Vimto that looks weirdly black because of my mug.

nem

Postby can- » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:51 pm

can-

Postby ramseames » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:03 am

I'm a bit tipsy rn

because this is 11.9%

easily the best beer I've had this year. I don't think P49 is by any means the best craft brewery in vancouver in terms of what you get from them day to day but this is super interesting. strong chocolate notes, surprisingly hoppy for a stout (its like 46 ibu), but still really smooth. quite malty

for $13.50 + the hassle of dealing with the fact that its wax sealed over top of the cap its a bit much

but nonetheless a really fantastic beer

gonna buy a couple and let them sit for a few years maybe, see how they turn out

ramseames

Postby sknss » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:13 am

bissap :cool:
made by infusing roselle (a type of hibiscus found in west africa) in water. very refreshing and tastes sharp like cranberry juice.

sknss

Postby can- » Sun May 10, 2015 9:44 am

just Cru it

can-

Postby can- » Sun May 10, 2015 9:47 am

pink drinks

spumante rose txakolina

aperol fizz w mezcal & cava

clover club